Frankenheimer To Direct Exorcist Prequel[Sunday, August 5th, 2001]
John Frankenheimer has been confirmed as director to the prequel to 'The Exorcist'. Frankenheimer directed 'Ronin' and is set to direct the as of yet untitled movie. The plot traces the story of Father Merrin (played by Max Von Sydow in the original) back to his first encounter with the Devil during missionary work in post-World War II Africa.
'The Exorcist' was originally released in 1973 but was banned in the UK for 25 years because of the infamous vomiting scenes. The movie has been followed up with two dreadful sequels in 1977 and 1990.
No names have been mentioned in regard to the stars but it's thought the hunt is on for a 14-year-old actor to be the new object of possession. Production is expected to begin late next spring and filming will take place in the USA, England and Africa.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]