KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Batdude's Tourney Discussion Thread

Batdude's Tourney Discussion Thread
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (144): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Tourney Discussion Thread

IT’S TOURNEY TIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!

Alright, I realize that we just finished a herald level tourney. However, KMC tourneys have basically encompassed all levels of characters, so any level I could’ve chosen basically would have been a copy of some sort. This will also be a two-man team tourney as well. With that in mind, let me go over the guidelines of the tourney-to-be:

1. Speed- I realize that I can’t stop faster characters from speedblitzing. It’s kind of a cheap tactic to use, but having a speed advantage is one of the best advantages you can possibly have on another character. However, I WILL make a limit on how fast a character can go, and that limit is the speed of light. No character with the capability to go past it will be allowed to go past this cut off mark. I don’t want to read through the matches and see “SPEEDBLITZ” every third word. Also, FASTER than light reaction times (if it applies to some characters) gets cut down to light speed reaction times. However, Flash is still going to be nixed for this tourney.

2. Now, for the characters that might not have the reaction speeds to handle it, 20
minutes will be given for preparation times. Now I really don’t care what goes down during the prep time. However, during the prep time you CANNOT spy or “observe” what the other team is doing during their preparation time. Also, (obviously) there is to be no offensive strikes until the match commences. Everything else can go down during the prep time i.e shielding (within reason; I don’t want to have shields that make the team COMPLETELY impossible to get to, or harm, so keep that in mind), power meshing, powering up (under certain limitations), etc.

3. Power limitations: Under Thanos was what the last tourney was, and I’d like to keep it that way. Any attacks that flirt with the line of going over the set limits will be under review by the judges and me for the tourney.

a. Magic- Anything under Dr. Strange/Dr. Fate/Zatanna level is perfectly acceptable for this tourney.

b. Matter manipulation- No direct matter manipulation on the other team. For example, doing something like turning anybody into a piece of metal is banned. Also, matter manipulation during prep on one of your teammates is banned as well. However, matter manipulation on the environment is acceptable.

c. Reality warping = NO

d. Time manipulation = NO (this means no Zoom)

e. This other rule will be like Digi’s “no freakin loophole” rule. If the judges or I find that the contestants are pushing their luck a little bit too much, we will ban it on the spot.

4. BFR- This is certainly an option, and it won’t be banned. However, you can only use BFR under normal circumstances; this means no “sending to different dimensions” or that kind of thing.

5. Telepathy- Telepathic attacks are perfectly fine, so long as it doesn’t fall into these categories:

a. There is to be no mind controlling the opposition to make them fight for your side.
b. Also, there is to be no mind controlling the opposition to make them attack themselves.

6. Independent Constructs- Up to THREE independent constructs is acceptable. To avoid confrontation about the matter like we had before in the last tourney, the independent constructs themselves CANNOT be on herald level. During the discussion and draft threads, we will discuss this matter further. These constructs can also be made during the prep time.

7. There will be three characters and the same rules apply from last tourney to this one on how the team members will be debating. One member will argue for one character, another character will be arguable for both characters, and the last character will be arguable for the other member of the team. However, there is going to be something unique about the drafting of these characters:

The first theme of the draft: The first character must fall into the category of Energy/Matter manipulators or Magic users. Ex: Quasar, Captain Atom, Firestorm, Shaman, etc.

The second theme of the draft: The second character must fall into the category of strong tank/brick type characters. Ex: Superman, Gladiator, Majestic, Supreme, Apollo, Hyperion, etc.

The third theme of the draft: The third character must fall into the category of “overall power and versatility.” Ex: Thor (Classic), Silver Surfer, Green Lantern, etc.

Alright, I realize that there is a close distinction between number 1 and number 3. This will be handled as we go along, and will be under close watch between myself, and the people helping me run the tourney. So, all I can ask is that you follow the guidelines as close as possible, and we’ll be here to answer questions that clear things up about it.

8. There will be 8 teams of two for the tourney.

9. All issues that have not been addressed in the rules for the tourney, the judges and I will just “wing it” so to speak about how to handle other things.

EVERYBODY HAVE FUN!!!

Here are the judges so far (I need more if people are interested):

1. UniOmni
2. leonidas
3. rotiart
4. Newjak
5. Badabing
6. King Mungi (maybe)
7. srankmissingnin

Sign-ups are going to be December 1, and the first draft is going to be on December 10.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 06:59 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Sweeeeeeet. Gotta find a partner. big grin

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 07:09 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

evil face

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 07:15 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

does it gotta be a two-person team tourney? can it be single?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 07:39 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

It's two person.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 07:42 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13
does it gotta be a two-person team tourney? can it be single?

Two people.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 07:48 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

(Lets keep this topped until mods sticky it)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:07 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Around the time of the last tourney, I requested to be a judge for the next one, and would like to be considered still, if you'd be cool with that, Batdude.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:11 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Soljer
Around the time of the last tourney, I requested to be a judge for the next one, and would like to be considered still, if you'd be cool with that, Batdude.

That's fine with me.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:20 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I've been in three Tourneys so far , and while I think Psy and myself would rock this things to it's core I'll have to decline actual participation.

Judging on the other hand is a whole new kettle of fish.

Or (In short) Can i be a judge ?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:23 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by grey fox
I've been in three Tourneys so far , and while I think Psy and myself would rock this things to it's core I'll have to decline actual participation.

Judging on the other hand is a whole new kettle of fish.

Or (In short) Can i be a judge ?

Yes.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:31 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Slightly off topic:

Whomsoever takes it upon themselves to set up the NEXT tourney after this one?

It damned well better be street level! mad

stick out tongue.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:32 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Man, this sucks. The tourney sounds like fun, but I doubt I'll have time for it, what with school and all.

I may just be an observer this time around.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:54 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I was thinking of calling dibs for the next tourny

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:57 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Awww, it seems like some of the best debators are refusing to compete! sad.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:00 PM
HaSon

I wanted to be in this but I won't be around.

Can I ask what the difference is between the First and Third draft theme though?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:01 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Validus
I wanted to be in this but I won't be around.

Can I ask what the difference is between the First and Third draft theme though?

Yep, I knew it would be hard to distinguish between the two at times.

First one: Energy manipulators/Magic users means that is their forte, their strong point, their calling card. They can wield and manipulate energy, or magic.

Third one: This is more of a combination of the other two. They can wield and manipulate energy, while at the same time they are top of the line in strength, speed, durability, etc. They can do it ALL, pretty much.

I put GL in the third one, because he can make his body be strong, durable, fast, etc.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:04 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Grey Fox, Accel, Validus, Leo, Uni, Newjak, Mungi, hell! There is half of the debating potential in this forum right there, and NONE of them are competing. I hope someone really surprises me in this tourney, it seems like all of the 'star' debators are stepping aside for this one.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:06 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Soljer
Grey Fox, Accel, Validus, Leo, Uni, Newjak, Mungi, hell! There is half of the debating potential in this forum right there, and NONE of them are competing. I hope someone really surprises me in this tourney, it seems like all of the 'star' debators are stepping aside for this one.

Things may change by the time the actual matches start. Shit, they might not even begin until late December/early January.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:09 PM
Priest

This looks like its gonna be a god tourny.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:10 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote