KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battle of Hammers

Who wins?
This poll is closed.
Beta Ray Bill 5 50.00%
Thor 4 40.00%
Stalemate 1 10.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of Hammers
Started by: Beta Ray Howard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Battle of Hammers

Beta Ray Bill vs Thor.

Bill and Thor at the beginning of Ragnarok. Hammers are restored. Fight is in space, away from Asgard.

Who wins?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 03:32 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Battle of Hammers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Beta Ray Bill vs Thor.

Bill and Thor at the beginning of Ragnarok. Hammers are restored. Fight is in space, away from Asgard.

Who wins?

even
bill is respected by thor smokin'

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 03:42 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Battle of Hammers

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Beta Ray Bill vs Thor.

Who wins?

Stalemate, or slight majority to Thor due to experience and skills.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 03:43 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

I'd have to give Bill a slight majority here. He was able to take on Thor BEFORE he got Stormbreaker, so he should normally win when he's actually got the hammer. Thor may have shown a bit more versatility(I'm not all that sure at this point), but it's probably not significant enough to net him the majority.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 03:50 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthgoober
I'd have to give Bill a slight majority here. He was able to take on Thor BEFORE he got Stormbreaker, so he should normally win when he's actually got the hammer. Thor may have shown a bit more versatility(I'm not all that sure at this point), but it's probably not significant enough to net him the majority.

BRB has never defeated Thor in a fair fight.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 03:53 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lorddreamer

Anyone wanna give me a non-Wiki link to some Beta Ray Bill info?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 03:56 AM
lorddreamer is currently offline Click here to Send lorddreamer a Private Message Find more posts by lorddreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Soujaboy
BRB has never defeated Thor in a fair fight.

I didn't say that he was able to beat him fair before he got his hammer, I said he was able to take him on. I'll check the issue again in a bit for details, but the way I see it Bill should take a slight majority in this match.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 03:57 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I should point out that when Bill and Thor had their duel in Asgard, it was in Skartheim, which gave a major advantage to Bill given his physiology. And Bill deduced the fight was rigged by Odin, who had set the location. Bill won that fight because of the terrain, the heat of which allowed him to regain conscious first from a double KO. It's a close call. I'd say it could go dead even either way. I'll agree with the fair fight comment, but I've only seen that particular fight, and not any fights with the hammers.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 04:54 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by lorddreamer

Beta Ray Howard would be the person to ask. There is a BRB respect thread. cool

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 04:56 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Skill to thor,Agressivness to bill but a slight problem with them fighting in space is that the suns heat could serve as a wakeup for bill if he is injured.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 05:03 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by lorddreamer

Alphanex

Marvel Homepage

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 05:39 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trolt

where would ronan the accuser stand ? he's got a nifty hammer

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 05:47 AM
Trolt is currently offline Click here to Send Trolt a Private Message Find more posts by Trolt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Again, Thor takes the slight majority.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 11:39 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Your really not helping with campaiging for your tourny character erm

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 11:50 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Your really not helping with campaiging for your tourny character erm

So I'm supposed to lie?

BRB is essentially Thor's equal, however he doesn't yet have the skill to defeat him.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 11:54 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

If you want to win you can find a tactical way of doing it laughing out loud

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 11:56 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blair Wind
If you want to win you can find a tactical way of doing it laughing out loud

True enough shifty

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 12:18 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

meh, bill has referred to thor as the greatest warrior of all, and thor has shown more skill with his hammer than bill has with his. bill has also never used the godforce, which is a big advantage in thor's favor, nor has bill used some of thor's other more exotic abilities (antiforce, for example).

it would be close, but i'd always take thor in a battle between these 2.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 12:38 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor S.T.D.
Babes, why wont it go in?

Originally posted by leonidas
meh, bill has referred to thor as the greatest warrior of all, and thor has shown more skill with his hammer than bill has with his. bill has also never used the godforce, which is a big advantage in thor's favor, nor has bill used some of thor's other more exotic abilities (antiforce, for example).

it would be close, but i'd always take thor in a battle between these 2.

The Anti Force is the Godblast, as is the Thermo Blast. The God blast was a name derived from fans. Beta Ray Bill has demosntrtaed strength far beyond Thor since given the power of Thor, i.e. in Stormbreaker.

'The only sock around here is on my 'japseye'. - Yahman

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 12:42 AM
Doctor S.T.D. is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor S.T.D. a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor S.T.D. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Got da virus
The Anti Force is the Godblast, as is the Thermo Blast. The God blast was a name derived from fans. Beta Ray Bill has demosntrtaed strength far beyond Thor since given the power of Thor, i.e. in Stormbreaker.

what feat has bill shown that has been far beyond what thor has done . . .?

i disagree with the names. the godforce is a joining of thor's life force WITH the hammer. the other attacks you mentioned do not have that melding.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 12:52 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote