KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What's So Bad About Hudlin? Really?

What's So Bad About Hudlin? Really?
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Accel

Some one on another board once pointed out that all of the writing in Black Panther could be summed up on this one page...

(please log in to view the image)

...where the designers of Storm's dress went painstaking research to make the perfect African-style dress for her and Hudlin can't even take the time to come up with a real German word for Nightcrawler.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:55 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Isn't that why BP joined the Resistance? That's the impression I got in CW #6.

He joined because Goliath was killed and he's now enacting vengenence for a "brotha"?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:56 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
Isn't that why BP joined the Resistance? That's the impression I got in CW #6.

He joined because Goliath was killed and he's now enacting vengenence for a "brotha"?
I mean it's gonna be more of the fact Clor didn't hold back because Goliath was black. Basically Clor will be racist and there will probably be some ode to Him being like a plantation overseer. Tony of course will somehow be likened to a slave master

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:59 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Accel
Some one on another board once pointed out that all of the writing in Black Panther could be summed up on this one page...
...where the designers of Storm's dress went painstaking research to make the perfect African-style dress for her and Hudlin can't even take the time to come up with a real German word for Nightcrawler.
According to free online translation the only thing "lieberstesh" translates to is "rather stesh."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:01 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hudlin's essentially a overhyped fanfiction writer, Draco. He doesn't know much about comics aside from Black Panther is black.

He's a disgrace. He even dissed Priest, the previous writer, when Priest himself never said anything about Hudlin's Panther run. (In my opinion, Priest's run was amazing.)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:05 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Hudlin's essentially a overhyped fanfiction writer, Draco. He doesn't know much about comics aside from Black Panther is black.

He's a disgrace. He even dissed Priest, the previous writer, when Priest himself never said anything about Hudlin's Panther run. (In my opinion, Priest's run was amazing.)
What did he say about Priest's run?
link maybe

I also heard he argued with fans on forums before?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:08 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard

I just researched him. He's the flippin' president of BET and he directed House Party?

Why the hell would Marvel hire his ass???

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:08 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Accel

I checked a few sites the word seems to mean something along the line of sheech.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:10 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Heh, there's also this piece of work.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

quote:
HUDLIN TOGETHER

Reginald Hudlin has not been shy in coming forward to defend his run on "Black Panther" from all comers. But even a big man like Reginald needs some help.

Take 'muddy Boots' posting here and 'these boots are made for stompin' over here.

Both defending Reginald , both posting very shortly after Reginald… and both with the same IP address as Reginald .

Ow.

I contacted Mr Hudlin, who told me, "I broke my own rule! Since I started writing 'Panther' I never posted under any name but my own, but then I realized I was feeding trolls who wanted a rise out of the author of the book - so I stopped. Then I got pissed (especially at some of the race baiting comments) so I started up again undercover. So now it's Watergate."

Well, Reginald, at least your book's on time.

You know, is it just me or is Mr. Hudlin the only black writer at Marvel, DC, Image or Dark Horse with an ongoing series right now? Dwayne McDuffie's "Fantastic Four" can't arrive soon enough.

That can't be right.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:12 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just researched him. He's the flippin' president of BET and he directed House Party?

If they didn't, they're racist. He's beyond retarded.

Also, Accel you forgot the Russian Radioactive Man and him messing up Klaw as well.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:12 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

he's Hollywood even if not that much. Same reason they hired the guy that made Underworld to write the New Warriors book coming up.

sig by willRules

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:16 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiñoAraña
Bang Bang

Originally posted by Black Adam
he's Hollywood even if not that much. Same reason they hired the guy that made Underworld to write the New Warriors book coming up.
seriously??? eek!

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:16 AM
NiñoAraña is currently offline Click here to Send NiñoAraña a Private Message Find more posts by NiñoAraña Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I checked a few sites the word seems to mean something along the line of sheech.
"As for the wedding ceremony can please someone explain to me the meaning of the word "Lieberstesh" that Nightcrawler uses when he sees Storm's wedding dress? In the 39 years I'm now living in Germany I have never heard the word before."
http://talesfromthekryptonian.blogs...ice-of-one.html

I'm pretty sure it's not an actual word...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:20 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiñoAraña
Bang Bang

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
"As for the wedding ceremony can please someone explain to me the meaning of the word "Lieberstesh" that Nightcrawler uses when he sees Storm's wedding dress? In the 39 years I'm now living in Germany I have never heard the word before."
http://talesfromthekryptonian.blogs...ice-of-one.html

I'm pretty sure it's not an actual word...
it means bull****

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:22 AM
NiñoAraña is currently offline Click here to Send NiñoAraña a Private Message Find more posts by NiñoAraña Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by NiñoAraña
it means bull****
Ditto, little buddy.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:22 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

What did Dr. Doom give Black Panther and Storm as a wedding present, by the way?

A burning crucifix?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:23 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I think his present was a bomb or something along those lines. For some reason, I think it may have been a doombot.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:28 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

On his honeymoon with Storm for some reason BP is reading an advanced physics text book on the beach. no expression

laughing

That's great (in a terrible-writing sort of way).

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:33 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Originally posted by NiñoAraña
it means bull****

Ditto, little buddy.

(please log in to view the image)

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:34 AM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by H. S. 6
laughing

That's great (in a terrible-writing sort of way).
What's worse is that physics is spelled "pyshics."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:36 AM