KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who better to tier heroes . . .?

Who better to tier heroes . . .?
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Who better to tier heroes . . .?

than us? smile

i'm hoping to make this an ongoing thread, one that will be added to by everyone. should open some good discussion and debate as well.

basically, i see characters as falling into 5 general levels. i also tend to see a top and bottom of each level so obviously there can be some differentiation in powerlevel even WITHIN the 5 levels. anywho, the levels i tend to use are as follows:

1. herald
2. sub-herald
3. mid-tier
4. enhanced
5. street

now, what i'd like to do is get listing of heroes and villains and have them placed into each tier. anytime you want to add a character -- whether it be marvel, dc, indy, whatever! -- just copy and place the preceding list and add away. here's a couple in each to start everyone off. be REALLY cool to see some links to the more obscure characters that some people may not be aware of. smile and of course if you disagree with someone's placement mention it. or open a vs thread and see what everyone else thinks. wink

HERALD
morg, terrax, strong lanterns, thor, sentry

SUB-HERALD
magneto, apocalypse, martian manhunter, captain atom, sersi

MID-TIER
ironman, colossus, thing, cyclops, starfire

ENHANCED
wolverine, killer croc, luke cage, deathstroke

STREET
batman, daredevil, nightwing, hawkeye

so, feel free to add as many as you like to whatever level. be cool to get huge lists of each tier that we can discuss. also help newbs (and some vets) understand where certain characters fit. should help creating some equal vs threads too. big grin

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:20 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

PS: PLEASE DO NOT SPAM THE THREAD!!

thank you. smile

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:21 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

HERALD
morg, terrax, strong lanterns, thor, sentry,

SUB-HERALD
magneto, apocalypse, martian manhunter, captain atom, sersi

MID-TIER
ironman, colossus, thing, cyclops, starfire

ENHANCED
wolverine, killer croc, luke cage, deathstroke, spider-man

STREET
batman, daredevil, nightwing, hawkeye, moon-knight, Green arrow

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:23 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Strong Lanterns = Green Lantern

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:24 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
Strong Lanterns = Green Lantern
i edited

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:25 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

I am guessing this does not have to do with who can beat who , but rather power levels?

Becuase there a quite a few people in advance that could take down mid tier.

also wolverine was listed by nick fury as having a level 9 power level.

how are these tier made? Some people can be more powerful then others, but there power is more passive then others.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:30 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Cool idea leo. You're just the man to head this I think.

thumb up

Also, I would assume, like capt, that it's power levels....because we can find exceptions at any of these levels if it's a bad matchup for someone.

HERALD
morg, terrax, strong lanterns, thor, sentry, Surfer, Adam Warlock, Loki, Gladiator, Quasar

SUB-HERALD
magneto, apocalypse, martian manhunter, captain atom, sersi, Nate Grey, Hulk, Mandarin, Holocaust, Ultron, Super Skrull, FP Cable, Black Bolt

MID-TIER
ironman, colossus, thing, cyclops, starfire, Thing, Abomination, Wonder Man, Namor, Ghost Rider, Rogue, Storm

ENHANCED
wolverine, killer croc, luke cage, deathstroke, spider-man, Venom

STREET
batman, daredevil, nightwing, hawkeye, moon-knight, Green arrow, Captain America

I'd also like to start the official petition to get Spidey in Mid-Tier.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 3rd, 2007 at 12:38 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:35 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by capt it up
I am guessing this does not have to do with who can beat who , but rather power levels?

Becuase there a quite a few people in advance that could take down mid tier.

You mean Wolverine being able to kill anyone above him?

quote:

I could see if it was a danger level, but why power? His healing is buff but it's not that great on its own.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:39 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by capt it up

That's meaningingless unless he also specified what level 9 meant.

I honestly think each tier could be further divided upon itself. For example, the street level tier would include Captain America and Robin but there is a clear and rather large difference in "power level" between Captain America and Robin. Same thing in herald level when you've got a like the Surfer grouped with Terrax who got worked over by Surfer in a page and I think most would agree Terrax loses 10/10 to the Surfer.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:43 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by DigiMark007

I'd also like to start the official petition to get Spidey in Mid-Tier.

i second that

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:44 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
You mean Wolverine being able to kill anyone above him?

[b]
I could see if it was a danger level, but why power? His healing is buff but it's not that great on its own.

no I mean people like wolverine, spiderman, sabertooth and so on can take people on in mid tier level.

Not that great? It extremely powerful. Just becuase it a passive power does not mean it not powerful.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:44 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Also, I would assume, like capt, that it's power levels....because we can find exceptions at any of these levels if it's a bad matchup for someone.

yes

this by no means means an enhanced can't take out a mid or even sub-herald level opponent. just in terms of overall power possessed.

and i'd agree with spidey in the lower portion of mid-tier. wink i'd also place venom in the mid-tier.

and if the enhanced surfer is as tough as some say he is, he'd be above herlad, imo.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:45 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Just editing in some Wildstorm people and a few others. And I'm leaving The Doctor out (same reason as Strange....they're >> Herald).

HERALD
morg, terrax, strong lanterns, thor, sentry, Surfer, Adam Warlock, Loki, Gladiator, Quasar, Majestic, Apollo, Graviton

SUB-HERALD
magneto, apocalypse, martian manhunter, captain atom, sersi, Nate Grey, Hulk, Mandarin, Holocaust, Ultron, Super Skrull, FP Cable, Black Bolt, Engineer, Jack Hawksmoor (in city), Juggernaut, Vision

MID-TIER
ironman, colossus, thing, cyclops, starfire, Thing, Abomination, Wonder Man, Namor, Ghost Rider, Rogue, Storm, Maul

ENHANCED
wolverine, killer croc, luke cage, deathstroke, spider-man, Venom, Midnighter

STREET
batman, daredevil, nightwing, hawkeye, moon-knight, Green arrow, Captain America, Swift, Grifter

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:46 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Validus
That's meaningingless unless he also specified what level 9 meant.

I honestly think each tier could be further divided upon itself. For example, the street level tier would include Captain America and Robin but there is a clear and rather large difference in "power level" between Captain America and Robin. Same thing in herald level when you've got a like the Surfer grouped with Terrax who got worked over by Surfer in a page and I think most would agree Terrax loses 10/10 to the Surfer.

i said that. don't you ever listen? big grin

each tier can CLEARLY be sub-divided further. i have no problem saying a character is a low mid-tier, or a high mid-tier. these are simply general guidelines.

if you're not part of the solution, val . . .

stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:48 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by leonidas
yes

this by no means means an enhanced can't take out a mid or even sub-herald level opponent. just in terms of overall power possessed.

and i'd agree with spidey in the lower portion of mid-tier. wink i'd also place venom in the mid-tier.

and if the enhanced surfer is as tough as some say he is, he'd be above herlad, imo.

I mvoe both sabertooth, venom, wolverine and spiderman up there beyond simply enchanced they have other abilities that add to there over all powers.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:48 AM
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

HERALD
morg, terrax, strong lanterns, thor, sentry, Surfer, Adam Warlock, Loki, Gladiator, Quasar, Majestic, Apollo, Graviton

SUB-HERALD
magneto, apocalypse, martian manhunter, captain atom, sersi, Nate Grey, Hulk, Mandarin, Holocaust, Ultron, Super Skrull, FP Cable, Black Bolt, Engineer, Jack Hawksmoor (in city), Juggernaut, Vision, Mar-vell(?)

MID-TIER
ironman, colossus, thing, cyclops, starfire, Thing, Abomination, Wonder Man, Namor, Ghost Rider, Rogue, Storm, Maul, ms. marvel

ENHANCED
wolverine, killer croc, luke cage, deathstroke, spider-man, Venom, Midnighter, angel, sabertooth

STREET
batman, daredevil, nightwing, hawkeye, moon-knight, Green arrow, Captain America, Swift, Grifter, turok

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:49 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Just editing in some Wildstorm people and a few others. And I'm leaving The Doctor out (same reason as Strange....they're >> Herald).

HERALD

hmm, i'd say graviton is sub-herald -- maybe upper sub-herald. team-wrecker, yes. herald . . .? not imo. erm

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:50 AM
HaSon

Originally posted by leonidas
i said that. don't you ever listen? big grin

each tier can CLEARLY be sub-divided further. i have no problem saying a character is a low mid-tier, or a high mid-tier. these are simply general guidelines.

if you're not part of the solution, val . . .

stick out tongue

I know you said that but as it is now theres a lot of range in each tier and looking at whats currently in each, I'm not even sure how sub herald is different from herald.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:51 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I see the distinction Val....but I agree it can get fuzzy.

And considering what Graviton's done to the Avengers a few times, I see him as herald, but I agree he's low-end herald.

Also, Tooth, Logan = "Nah" for Mid-tier in my book. I can't justify putting peak humans (or even 5 tonners) in a mid-tier level, healing and claws or not. And yes, I realize Logan would take some wins off of Spidey....but we're talking power levels, not matchups.

{edit} Agree with capt about cyke.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 3rd, 2007 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:52 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

also should cyclopes bee mid tier?

he powerful however it one form of power other then that he has no powers. While people like thing have many different type of powers.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:54 AM