Count Dooku vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Battle takes place on Hypori, starting distance is 15 feet.

UCanShootMyNova
Kenobi and Maul in a great fight.

relentless1
well we know Kenobi has a shit record against Tyranus, the question is can Maul capitalize like Anakin did? No. The answer is no.

Lord Stark
Dooku dismisses Kenobi via KO as he usually does then kills Maul.

MythLord
I like this... I like this a lot.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by MythLord
I like this... I like this a lot.

Azronger
Dooku comfortably.

ILS
Team or either way.

MythLord
Originally posted by ILS
Team or either way.

Either way? You're saying either way?

Jmanghan
Team 2 stomps, horribly.

One of them is good enough to give Dooku a big challenge.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by relentless1
well we know Kenobi has a shit record against Tyranus, the question is can Maul capitalize like Anakin did? No. The answer is no. Except Kenobi made him shit his pants on the Invisible Hand.

ILS
Originally posted by MythLord
Either way? You're saying either way? I am. I really am.

I've always maintained that Maul vs Dooku can go either way. Kenobi may or may not bridge the gap. As we saw, it doesn't take much for Dooku to remove him.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Except Kenobi made him shit his pants on the Invisible Hand.
And yet Dooku ragdolled him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

juggernaut74
Dooku wins.

SunRazer
Probably either way, actually.

juggernaut74
Here's how I see it. Kenobi can(and has) beat Maul and we all know how Kenobi does against Dooku. Adding Maul will help Kenobi a little but this fight lasts a minute, two tops.

Darth Thor
I think Dooku can win. But I'd give large majority to the team personally.

Because I doubt Dooku would ragdoll Kenobi every time.

TenebrousWay
Team for a solid majority, based on Ventress and Savage vs Dooku in TCW.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Team 2 stomps, horribly.

One of them is good enough to give Dooku a big challenge.

Big challenge? laughing

http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/3937532-a1swc.gif

juggernaut74
Kenobi has never been a challenge to Tyranus.

McP
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well, he actually could. I dont believe, that it was only due to the Force. I can't imagine that Dooku would be able to ragdoll Kenobi only with his Force powers. But with Force powers combined with saber skills? Why not. Dooku overhelmed Kenobi three times, twice when Kenobi had Anakin backup. In their first fight, Dooku nearly stomped him in a duel, making him looking like a padawan. Another time, he nearly defeated him by pure physical attacks, and last time he outmaneuvered him, catched him off-guard and defeated him. Kenobi shown an inferiority to Dooku in every single way. He wouldn't be stomped because Dooku is better Force user. He would be stomped, because Dooku is superior to him in every single category, besides perhaps stamina. Which is a non-facotr in their meetings.

I would call this fight split, or majority for Dooku. Kenobi has better synergy with Anakin, who also is better suited to compete with Dooku then Maul. It all depends how effective Dooku will be at the beggining of the fight. I doubt that Maul will be as protective as Anakin was for Obi-Wan. He may die early, which will leave Maul alone. And since I consider Dooku as Maul's superior, I doubt that Maul will be able to win.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by McP
Well, he actually could. I dont believe, that it was only due to the Force. I can't imagine that Dooku would be able to ragdoll Kenobi only with his Force powers. But with Force powers combined with saber skills? Why not.

In a one on one? Sure. But I don't believe it would happen every time Dooku is facing a second opponent. Especially not one as strong as Maul.

And yes I know Anakin was stronger. But let's not forget Anakin was getting drop kicked when Dooku ragdolled Kenobi. He wasn't drop kicked like that in their previous fights, so yeah I do think that was a one off.

Trocity
Most people say Dooku or either way, but the poll has Maul/Kenobi in the lead.

Interesting developments.

McP
In a one on one? Sure. But I don't believe it would happen every time Dooku is facing a second opponent. Especially not one as strong as Maul.

And yes I know Anakin was stronger. But let's not forget Anakin was getting drop kicked when Dooku ragdolled Kenobi. He wasn't drop kicked like that in their previous fights, so yeah I do think that was a one off.

But it already happened. Every single time Kenobi faced Dooku, he was somehow humiliated. Two times he was supported by Maul's superior. And he also had better synergy with that guy. And that had care of him. Kenobi would not survive this fight.

Anakin was also kicked, because Dooku catched him off guard. And that happened only because he overhelmed them in saber lock and thrown them off-balance in my opinion. Anyway, either of them got kicked by Dooku at least once in last two meetings. And Dooku's kick were extremely effective. That rather proves, that Dooku actually could do that again.

And one last thing: Dooku's performances from last two fights are much superior to those ealier ones. I would rather assume, that Dooku try hard to not hurt Anakin. In that first fight on Naboo he had to catch Anakin alive to trade him for Grievous. In another one, Palpatine was watching them, I doubt that he would be pleased if Dooku would kill Anakin.

juggernaut74
It's been said that Palpatine told Dooku to hold back against Anakin in the novelization.

But I've never read it.

UCanShootMyNova
His job was to push Anakin over the edge into the Darkside. That backfired and Dooku tried to save his ass but by then it was too late.

McP
Yeah, that's why Dooku taunted Anakin to use the dark side. Vader did the same against Luke in ROTJ.

relentless1
Especially not one as strong as Maul.

for you claim to be valid you'd have to prove that Maul > Anakin and thats not possible. Dooku wins.

Kurk
Maul solos

carthage
And dies in the attempt

Rebel95
Team should win, but Dooku is really good at fighting multiple opponents and he's proven many times that he can take Kenobi out pretty easily, so it could go either way.

carthage
Dooku wins

Maul isn't competent enough to beat him in a duel and Kenobi gets ragdolled.

EmperorSidious2
I think Dooku can win. But I'd give large majority to the team personally.

ares834
Dooku. He has fared well against a more powerful team.

Originally posted by Trocity
Most people say Dooku or either way, but the poll has Maul/Kenobi in the lead.

Interesting developments.

The silent majority strikes again.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Kenobi has never been a challenge to Tyranus. In visual mediums, Kenobi usually gets tooled, yeah.

But in the novels, he always presses Dooku at least a bit, including in the AOTC Novel.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by relentless1
for you claim to be valid you'd have to prove that Maul > Anakin and thats not possible. Dooku wins.

I already said Anakin was stronger in the same damn post. Try reading my whole argument before responding next time.

|King Joker|
Why give a shit about how well Kenobi did against Dooku in the novel when it's directly retconned by the movie, i.e. the source that actually matters?

SunRazer
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Why give a shit about how well Kenobi did against Dooku in the novel when it's directly retconned by the movie, i.e. the source that actually matters?

Directly contradicted by the comic, too. Per the majority of sources, Obi-Wan isn't able to properly stand up to Dooku.

Darth Thor
Not on his own. And if this was Kenobi and Ventress then I'd say Dooku wins 10/10. But it's not.

Nephthys
Maul fails.

/thread

juggernaut74
Not on his own. And if this was Kenobi and Ventress then I'd say Dooku wins 10/10. But it's not. I'm not even sure Maul could beat Ventress.

carthage
He'd beat Ventress because he can do one finger push-ups, has HUGE INNATE force potential, and can ragdoll a guy who every TCW Darkside force user has made their *****. Maul can lose to multiple Padawans and still be taken seriously

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I'm not even sure Maul could beat Ventress.

She lost to Opress, so is solidly below Maul.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage
He'd beat Ventress because he can do one finger push-ups, has HUGE INNATE force potential, and can ragdoll a guy who every TCW Darkside force user has made their *****. Maul can lose to multiple Padawans and still be taken seriously

Name these "multiple" Padawans Troll.

McP
She lost to Opress, so is solidly below Maul.
That kind of ABC logic shouldn't be used. Ventress lost to Opress in S4, while his feats were still exaggerated. Opress is terribly wroten character. He's stated to be stronger per each season, but his showings proves otherwise. Ventress is a victim of that as well as Dooku. But let's try:
Opress stalemated Anakin and Obi-Wan twice, overhelmed Dooku at some point, and Ventress lost to him while having just one saber.
Maul stomped Opress, that should put him well above Kenobi / Skywalker duo, Dooku or Ventress. But then, Maul and Opress were defeated by Obi-Wan. Using ABC logic, basing on TCW/Rebels is terrible idea, seriously.

quanchi112
Maul solos.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by McP
That kind of ABC logic shouldn't be used. Ventress lost to Opress in S4, while his feats were still exaggerated. Opress is terribly wroten character. He's stated to be stronger per each season, but his showings proves otherwise. Ventress is a victim of that as well as Dooku.

Nah, Opress has fought Ventress Twice. Once in S3 and once in S4, and was beating on her both times.

I don't recall any exaggerated feats in S4. In fact the very episode where both Maul and Kenobi stomp him, he actually defeated a Jedi Council member pretty soundly.

If we go by Legends, he also defeated Plo Koon in between S4 and S5. And even though it was Legends Filoni and Katie Lucas contributed to that comic.

Originally posted by McP
But let's try:
Opress stalemated Anakin and Obi-Wan twice,

Not really. The first time they were just on top of platforms clearly holding back since they deactivated their weapons and jumped on his back.

The second time he got one of his horns chopped off by them and he ran away.

Originally posted by McP
overhelmed Dooku at some point,

Overwhelming at one or 2 points isn't the same as defeating.

Originally posted by McP
and Ventress lost to him while having just one saber.

Silly excuse. Dark Disciple proved that's not an issue for her.

Originally posted by McP
Maul stomped Opress, that should put him well above Kenobi / Skywalker duo, Dooku or Ventress. But then, Maul and Opress were defeated by Obi-Wan. Using ABC logic, basing on TCW/Rebels is terrible idea, seriously.

Already addressed.

juggernaut74
Opress didn't really overwhelm Dooku, he just caught him by surprise when he was fighting Ventress.

Dooku>>>Opress.

gideongarner01
Lol and then I go on reddit and people say maul alone could stomp Dooku. Now I know this is the site to come to for the actual facts. Dooku wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.