MCU Super Skrull vs. Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Gravik has Carol Danver's DNA/all of the other DNA he previously absorbed
Namor isnt dehydrated/has his spear

riv6672
Bane dies.

Thinkerer
Dont know what SS can do tbh.

TheVaultDweller
On paper, Gravik should easily stomp Namor, being massively more powerful. However, he sucks at using his powers and got absolutely clowned by G'iah. I could legit see Namor outmaneuvering him and skewering him through the heart, which is still a vulnerable spot despite Extremis regeneration.

tkitna
Skrull should win easily but probably wouldnt.

TheVaultDweller
Gravik was a huge disappointment. Other than a brief use of Ebony Maw's TK, he pretty much just fought like a brick, despite having a plethora of abilities at his disposal. And what makes it worse is he gained the upper hand against G'iah when using TK but then just stopped.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Thinkerer
Dont know what SS can do tbh.

Theoretically, the Super Skrulls have the power of every character who fought during the final battle in Endgame. Now, whether their actual power level with those abilities are on the same level as the original characters it came from is a completely different story.

But the powers displayed between Gravik and G'iah during their fight included the following:
Extremis healing and heat generation.
Various forms of super strength and durability (they mimicked Hulk, Drax, Abomination etc.)
Groot's abilities
Captain Marvel's flight and photon powers
Ghost's intangibility
Frost Giant ice weapon generation
Mantis' psionic abilities

There are probably more that I missed or forgot about, but these are the most notable ones I can remember off the top of my head.

TheVaultDweller
Whoops. Forgot to add Ebony Maw's TK to the list above.

NemeBro
Bums me out that a C-list character I like like Super Skrull got wasted on this shit. Feels bad man.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by NemeBro
Bums me out that a C-list character I like like Super Skrull got wasted on this shit. Feels bad man.

What's worse is they could easily have done the show without any kind of bargain bin Super Skrull shenanigans, putting more emphasis on the espionage element, and then waited to do Super Skrull properly after the F4 got introduced. But they just couldn't resist having their usual big CGI battle in the last episode. The MCU writers just can't help themselves.

Instead, we're now in a situation where they can't do a comic-accurate version, and the Super Skrull we're left with is friggin' Daenerys Targaryen, who is going to have to job hard in every future appearance she makes in order to not instantly stomp whoever she's facing, because the MCU literally decided to give her virtually every superpower they could.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.