Best "Classic" Horror Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darkkkk
besides just being true and scary
what horror movie do you think is the best for all out fun
for example it has the best cheap thrills, cheasiest lines, and most nudity .
its hard to say for me... im trying to think
what do you think it is

ragesRemorse
nosferatu was good as classic but cheesy you ever see those movies silent night deadly night? god those were bad

BackFire349
evil dead, dead alive, bad taste, dog soldiers and killer klowns from outer space are all the funnest horror movies ive seen.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
evil dead, killer klowns from outer space and leprechaun hmmm maybe leprechaun isn't considered a classic

Khloris
Scream was kinda cheesy... but an all time favorite classic would have to be Dameon.... I know it wasn't very scary I just thought it was kinda cool.

darkkkk
anybody see friday the 13th:final chapter?
cause there's supposed 2 b some girls with huge **** in it
lol
i wanted 2 know if thats true

Darth_Byterious
For me it was the Exorsist(?spelling).I saw it when I was a kid and it scared the crap out of me.I know it's tame compared to todays movies but I still find it gives me a shiver down my spine.But hey,maybe I'm just a big wuss lol.

justinday15
My favorite is the texas chainsaw massacre.

Vision-of-Death
Way back in 1928 : The very first movie of astounding shock value in history was Un Chien Andalou, filmed by Dali and Luis Bunuel which featured images of a slicing of a woman's eyeball and a man dragging a piano with priests and a dead donkey on top of it.

Now that is a scary movie !!

BackFire349
TCM is also my favorite horror movie, but i thought this thread was about the funnest silliest horror movies, that you could just kick back and watch with some buddies and laugh at and stuff. TCM doesnt really fall in the catagory for most people.

wicker_man
My favourite classic horror movies:
Psycho
Jaws
The Romero Zombie Trilogy (Night/Dawn & Day of the Dead)
Texas Chainsaw Massacare
The Birds
Nosferatu
The Amytiville Horror
& The Wicker Man

ragesRemorse
whats the wicker man about?

wicker_man
The Wicker Man is a psychological horror about a Scottish Police Officer sent to a small Scottish Island to investigate the disappearance of a young girl, however once on the island he discovers that the locals are unaware of the young girls disappearance and are hiding something more sinister,all relating back to the sinister Lord Summerslie who has a sinister hold on the island and its resident, the ending stays with you even after the credits have rolled.

ragesRemorse
sounds like my kind of movie can you still buy it?

Evil Dead
Not cheesy, funny, or silly in any way but I'm going to have to say that my favorite classic horror movies are The Omen and The Omen 2 ...........

DeNiro
i saw dog soilders it was pretty good alot of humor also and i like night of the living dead the reamke and then creep show, and tales from the crypt demond night

wicker_man
Yep you can still buy it on Special Edition Directors Cut DVD or Video.

Mrs.Sparrow
I thought umm..........no not the ring not freddy not jason umm....not chuckie not leprechaun.......not dracula((so sick))not umm they not the others((definetly not hilarious))not from hell not 28 days later((or something))Ok I am serious these are practically new besides a couple ok it *drum roll and taking out an evelope and opening it*remember this is the best not the scariest and the winner is for laughs and horror ROBERT ENGLUND FOR FREDDY KRUEGER!!!!!

l1n3x
Here are mine

Poltergeist
The Shining (the original)
Exorcist
The People Under the Stairs (eh it was ok)
Psycho
It
Silence of the Lambs
Halloween

IMHO the scariest of those and all time would have to be The Shining

(PS: Anyone ever stay in the Hotel in Colorado where it was filmed? Its NUTS!)

DeNiro
i cant belive i forgot "IT" now that was a good movie

Dagons Blade
Well being that I saw Night of The Living Dead in a drive in at age 10 in 1973, I'll go with that as my main fave.

Others include:
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie aka
Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue

Tombs Of The Blind Dead

Zombie

House By The Cemetery

The Beyond (also known as 7 Doors Of Death in it's cut form.)

Invisible Invaders ( a true 50's atomic age classic.)

and right now I need to think of more but that's a start.

BackFire349
dagons, lots of lucio fulci movies named there. good man. zombie and the beyond are a couple of classic gore epics. that scene in zombie with the splinter in the eye is one of the best horror deaths ever. have you seen any of his other movies?

mechmoggy
If we're talking "classic" horror, I'd have to say any Italian Zombie flick.

They're cheesey, funny and scary all at once.

ragesRemorse
if you want cheesy pick up re-animator or dead alive, aww man what good classic horror cheese

TMWATA
If you want a chessy ass movie that sucks the giant one id have to say the second wishmaster when that guy fu##s himself in the ass now thats crap!!!!!!!!!!!!

ragesRemorse
naw man i have to disagree that was some of the most ground breaking
film work in recent history, it will be studied for years to come amongst spielbergs works. Atleast thats the case if it were being compared as shit but i still think its funny seeing that dudes face who plays wish master while the guy bangs himself and the fakness oh man its greatsmile you have a good eye for cheese

swordmaster
id have to say CHUD, my god that was cheesy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.