The Best Soldiers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
hey. Who do you guys think are the best soldiers? elfs,men,hobbits,dwarves

billyboyd4ever
men....elves are pretty good too, and dwarves, hehehe and hobbits arent bad for their size...but men are best i think

undomiel
i think men cuz of guys like Aragorn, Boromir, Isuldor(sp), and Elendil
they were really good fighters
but Elves are good too

turin
well what about gilgalad, fingolfin, feanor, mablung, beleg, fingon, sons of feanor, ecthelion, glorfindel. all where great fighters. for me it comes down to 2 things. first elves are a hardier then any other, the dont get sick, they live forever hence big time experience (unless they are killed), and second thing it depends on what they are fighting. Dwarves are particulary talented against dragons as it says in the silmarillion, but over all elves fair the best against the enemy.

Verity
Yep!! They all have skills worthy of appraisal!!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/notworthy.gif

CaptainInsano
Elf's are perfect archmen but the urik-ai was built for the complete annialation of the race of men. Wow that kicksass and so they have no other purpose besides destroy like the sentinals, storm troopers you name it.

nemo
but that's just skills that come with them when they r born, not earned.
whereas men, though they r born weak, they work hard to become stronger. so they r mentally stronger too.
just look at aragorn, he fair better than most elf, even without the advantages.

Nefertite
I think Elves are the best soldiers but they are not warlike.

chica16
legolas is definetely hot

Verity
Perhaps I need to rephrase that...All meaning, ALL beings of Middle earth...have skills worthy of appraisal??...I was merely supporting what was said about elves and dwarves having different skills for different situations and needs!!..No need to get upset...http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/war.gif

fini
I dont think elves are warlike in nature, but men on the other hand are breed for it................i know elves can last longer in battle but men have the heart for it

GABRIEL05
HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! HOBBITS! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/boxing.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/boxing.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/boxing.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/boxing.gif

nemo
i'm not upset big grin
i was just saying why men r better soldier
sorry u mistook the tone.
but now that i read it again i do sound abit uptight. embarrasment
didn't mean to though big grin

nemo
and u r right, WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER ( except in this story of course )

Danistar
Of course that men!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big grin

FreeMason
Men of course...middle earth is the world of man, and a soldier fights for his home better than anything.

Therefore Men and Hobbits and Dwarves would make the best soldiers, but the latter two have several defeciencies...one is hobbits are small weak and dull-whitted on the average...and Dwarves take a long time to reproduce, they are also a bit sidetracked by gold lol...

And war IS the answer...which is why man evolved to fight it.

The_Inevitable
Men are the best fighters, but the Uruk-Hai are excellent also because they have no fear, They Ruthless, and they use Sauron's weapons against Men and Elves. Dread and Despair.

Lady Ellie
MEN!thumb up

Lord_Andres
I say men, they seam stronger, and they are good archers too and damn good swordsmen

Exa
I think elves... cuz wizards wouldnt give very good soldiers... and elves are imho also better than men, at least until the second age.
the bad thing bout them - they are so few

FreeMason
I think there are plenty of Elves...the problem is they have lost...their time has gone...

I disagree that Uruk-hai are good fighters, fearlessness does not replace spirit.

Obsession
I think men. Because of Aragorn, Boromir, and all of them.

Corlindel
The greates fighters were the Noldor elfs who made the silmarillis and slaught Morgoth and Sauron in the first age. One Noldor could slaught a baulrog or a dragon. As Finrod Felagund slaught Glaurung, the greatest dragon at the doors of Nargothrond.

Dont forget that the last noldor in Middle-Earth is Galadriel. She is the powerful person in LOTR. So powerful as the wizard Gandalf. But don't forget that Gandalf is not human but a Maiar, the second class of Gods after the Valar.

On LOTR, the powerful race is the race of the descendants of Numenor. They are as know as Dunedain and you know perfectly one of then...Aragorn. They come from the first familys of humans.

The others...Don't forget the Ents.....

Exa

Corlindel
Naaaa...It was Finrod Felagund for sure...I you are thinking at the slaught of a baulrog at the fall of Gondolin...

...or maybe i am wrong...when i arrive home i will confirm that..if i am wrong, sorry for my mistake. huh

Corlindel
And dwarves are reaaly great fighters. smile

Exa

GABRIEL05
Baelrogs are the best soldiers.

Hegemon875
Why hasn't anyone supported wizards? They are the most powerful beings in Middle Earth, second only to the Valar. They can crush elves, men, hobbits, and most other creatures with the flick of a wrist. I mean just imagine an army of Istari, they would be unstoppable.

Lord_Andres
ya guess you are right

arwen84
I believe that elves are the best 1 they are awsome archers ex they can take out a whole shit load of people before they get close 2 they are awsome with swords and 3 they arnt afraid to dye trying

altough men are seen through out the movie fighting with elves. esp helms deep they are never really given credit for pracitcaly saving the race of men.

where would they be without elves!!!!!!!!!!! bunny

Lord_Andres
they dint save the race of men, do you think the Rohirim would have lost too those uruks? I don't think so

The_Inevitable
Neh not afraid dying, ok... Nobody else is afraidof dying. Not being afraid of dying does not make them any better than any other race.

ROTK_Rocks
Urak-hi

DUH!!!!!!!

Lord_Andres
the urks suck, they are so stupit, and they ait as strong as they look, men are far better, so are elvs and wizards, and of corse dwarws, and maybe even hobbits lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.