Just got done watching Freddy v/s Jason ENTIRE POST IS A SPOILER!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
Do not read any further if you do not want to read any spoilers.......I'm not going to use the spoiler tag to hide the whole post so....if you don't want to know what happens, read no further.

Who won? Tie......both died, both came back at the end..........Freddy kicked Jason's ass the entire movie......he kicked his ass in the dream world then he kicked his ass in the real world..........Jason was his punching bag up untill the end when the fight began to even out as Freddy began losing limbs.

How does Freddy contact Jason?

As the film opens......Freddy is in his dream world. He tells how he has searched the bowels of hell to find the person to instill fear in the children of Springwood which will allow Freddy to come back as he lives off their fear.........that person is Jason.

But we never see Jason dreaming, how does Freddy reach him? Jason is dead....in hell. This is wear Freddy contacts him disguised as Pamela Voorhies........he sends Jason back.

How do they fight in the dream world?

The movie contains this cheap knock off of Jason Mewes stoner type character.........Freddy takes over his body while he is stoned/asleep and injects Jason with an assload of tranquilizers........this ofcourse sends Jason to la-la land.

How do they fight in the real world?

The teens in the film quickly figure out what is going on (too quickly if you ask me) and decide their only hope is to get Jason to stop Freddy.......while Jason is still tranquilized, the protagonist of the film (some blonde chick) takes some tranquilizer herself and pulls Freddy out of her dream.

This movie was very entertaining.........I liked it alot......some bad points though:

1. Before the title sequence we get a 5-10 minute recap of Freddy Krueger's life told to us by the man himself. What is the purpose? I'm sorry but if you don't know the history of the Freddy Krueger character, what the hell are you doing watching the 8th installment of the series if you havn't seen the other 7?

2. That Jason Mewes (Jay of Jay and Silent Bob fame) knock off stoner character...........christ, they probably could have just bought Jay Mewes some heroin and he would have played the part himself.

3. Freddy kills NOBODY in this damn movie..........NOBODY. He almost does.......but Jason kills her first right as Freddy is about to deliver the death blow, this is what starts the feud.

To be honest with everybody..........you might aswell consider this as NOES 8..........it is basically a Freddy movie........the story centers around him, not Jason.........Jason is merely a tool used by Freddy and his rival later on.......he isn't the bad guy. He actually comes out looking like a good guy.............he is just one more nemesis Freddy has encountered (like Nancy, Kristen, Alice).

I give it a big thumbs up for entertainment value........everything fits in with the story line of both series. The thing I loved most about this movie that most people I'm sure didn't even catch.......When inside Jason's mind, we see him drown as a boy.......the kids are teasing him and throw a burlap sack to him and try to put it on his head.......he goes into the lake and drowns. The first time we see Jason in Friday 2 guess what he's wearing over his face? Yup.......the burlap sack he was holding when he "drowned" that the kids were trying to put over his head. I like continuity in movie series'.

Any questions......feel free to ask.

DeNiro
very cool i cant wait to see it now i knew freddy was going to **** with jason the whole time cause freddy da man but yeah i got a question who jumps out of the lake like 20 feet in the air is that freddy???

Evil Dead
That is indeed Freddy..............

Freddy had Jason trapped in the dream world (tranquilized) and was holding him under water drowning him...............that blonde girl (main character excluding Freddy and Jason ofcourse) goes in to try to bring Freddy into the real world.......mean time Jason wakes up and disappears from the dream world while Freddy is drowning him.......Freddy is none to pleased about this.....He shoots out of the water and onto the dock.

Funniest death scene...........Kelly Rowland from Destiny's Child.........just letting you know, watch for that one.....it's funny.

DeNiro
****in cool as hell i cant wait to see this bro lol i know im like a lil girl with this movie lol

l1n3x
all i can say is thanks, you saved my ass 10$

DeNiro
10 bucks where the hell do u go to see a movie or do u have to pay for ur gf or sumthying cause a movie around here is only 5 50 $

Evil Dead
Movies here are $7.50....................$10.00 is just outragous........

I only had to pay $5 to see Freddy v/s Jason because the very first showing of it was at 2 pm today.........just so happens that falls into the "matinee" category wink ........lucky me

h0ck3yh0rr0r
very well done evil dead i watched it today and it was great i give it a 9.8 out of 10

BackFire349
saw it, pretty unsatisfying ending. as you said, it was a copout for all the ignorant fanboys who couldnt take their favorite over rated horror villian losing to the other over rated horror villian. the first hour was a pretty boring and tired story generic to the universe of nightmare on elmstreet. however, the movie picked up (of course) when the 2 begin to battle. great battle scenes and very fun to watch if you are a horror fan. although i found it rather silly that freddy seemed to know karate all of a sudden, but thats knitpicking. it also had some good inside jokes as evil dead said, (burlap sack). in the end, it is a pretty entertaining action movie, but you will leave feeling unsatisfied with the copout of an ending. worth watching though.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
actually backfire, the theatre i went to, a news crew came and they said 10 out of 12 people really liked it soo i guess not to many people felt unsatisfyed.

Klear Eyez
I was very pleased with the burlap sac........ not to mention Freddy gettin some ass at Crystal Lake.... very ****in pimp

KidRock
i can get into see it! damn rated R shiet. oh well me and my friends will find SOME WAY into it wink

mknight666
Thankyou much for the spoiler news...

VenomVA
I saw Freddy vs. Jason last night (Friday night). It was OFF THE HOOK!!! First off when the New Line logo showed and they played Freddy's music and then the Jason noise (kill maaaaaa, isn't that what's said?). Anyways the whole theater was clapping and yelling in JOY!

As far as the movie goes, I was expecting a good movie and I got a GREAT MOVIE instead (IMO)!!!!! The story was good, and it was nice seeing Freddy after such a long time. He hasn't lost his touch--lol.

The theater was PACKED!!! We fell out when he turned to Kelly (from Destiny's Child) and said "hmmmmmmm, Dark Meat" (didn't offend any of us black folks in there cause it was Freddy saying it.

All in all I enjoyed it and I called my brother and told him to go see this instead of S.W.A.T. (which he hasn't seen yet)...this is far better!

P.S. I found myself yelling "Kick his A$$ Fred" more times than I can remember.

The movie was the SHYT! I give it 9.9 out of 10 A MUST SEE...well worth my $7 (saw it after 6pm)
big grin wink

BackFire349
i didnt say i didnt like, i did. but it just didnt feel satisfying to me. i wanted all the damn stupid teens to die. but they didnt, i wanted there to be one clear winner, there wasnt, i wanted the movie to develop the rivalry between freddy and jason better then it did. it was fun, it was entertaining, but it had its faults.

BABOON
im not sure how you can say nobody won...in my opinion the winner was the last man standing(dont wanna give it away to those of you who havent seen it yet) and was in no way unsatisfying. the subplots in this movie with the annoying kids were pretty boring though and they were all horrible actors.freddy only got one kill which was a little sad but if he were the one killing all the kids the fight never would have happened in the first place. jason had some nice kills including the rave scene which if you find "ravers" as annoying as i do then this scene was extra satisfying. eek! the actual fight was awesome and i was extremely pleased that they didnt put any matrix style moves in like every other action movie in the world.one of my personal favorite moments in this movie is when freddy realizes hes not in the dream world anymore and he sees jason and looks sooooo freakin scared laughing out loud anyways...good movie...go see it!

DemonicGambit
There's gonna be a sequel where the winner is decided or somethin'. At least Robert Englund said there was

Anarion

Anarion
Cool. cool

Evil Dead
"im not sure how you can say nobody won...in my opinion the winner was the last man standing(dont wanna give it away to those of you who havent seen it yet) and was in no way unsatisfying."

This entire post is a spoiler so it's okay to let the cat out of the bag......people wouldn't be reading this unless they wanted to know what happened. There was no last man standing........both Freddy and Jason died or so we thought..........then at the end Jason comes up out of the water carrying Freddy's head....Freddy looks at the camera and winks to tell us that he's not gone......as if he is in control of Jason again........therefore no winner. Both survived.......and it most plausable that Freddy would be the winner if we had to decide one because the end leaves us with the impression that he is controlling Jason again.

"the subplots in this movie with the annoying kids were pretty boring though and they were all horrible actors"

Agreed.........I was disappointed to see two people survive the movie.....they all should have died.

"freddy only got one kill which was a little sad but if he were the one killing all the kids the fight never would have happened in the first place. "

Agreed.......Jason had some sweet kills........but Freddy had one kill? Who?........I don't recall seeing Freddy kill ANYBODY in the movie. All I recall is the flashback scene that shows Freddy leaning over the blonde girl's dead mother letting us know that Freddy had killed her and not her father.............that and the little girl at the beginning Freddy has captured (in the Freddy life story recap at the beginning)............but it doesn't actually show him killing either.........and they are flash backs. Who did he kill in the movie?

BABOON
freddy killed one of the kids who escaped from the mental hospital...the one who he burnt freddy's back onto at least i think he killed him...maybe i remember wrong.i still say jason won...he was carrying freddy's head in the end. i think freddy winking was simply thrown in there as a way to please freddy fans and basically hint at the possibility of a sequel more than anything.although im sure everybody already knew they would make sequels based on freddy and jason's pasts. Happy Dance

Evil Dead
AHA! yes! Freddy did kill one of the guys who escaped from the mental hospital!!! Freddy killed him while his friend and the blonde chick watched through the window.........thank you for reminding me good man.

EPIC
whats up didnt Freddy get a kill with the dude that escaped the mental ward "Freddy's Back"

EPIC
i have been waiting 10 years for the movie and finally got to see it. i was afraid it was going to be a cheap rip off like jason goes to Manhatten but i think the producers knew they had to make a good movie considering how many people were anticpating this movie. i was impressed

top21cat
Well i went to go see freddy vs jason, as i am a fan of both movies i was quite dissapointed at the end, i heard more people laugh than anything, the teenage actors got on my nerves,( iv'e seen more terror in a babys droped there milk) the fighting scenes were cool all that blood and stuff but come on, what happened to freddys teeth!

Socrates
Come on now, freddy has been known martial arts, noe part 4 the dreammaster at the end, he dueled it out with alice and beat her with martial arts, till she owned him.

Bagtatta
I saw Freddy vs. Jason Saturday, and I was suprized by it's greatness, and action. It was entertaining and so-forth. I really enjoyed the movie, and they made the horror parts good, I actually jumped once or twice..I liked the movie, will buy it. 'Nuff said. Jason owned the whole movie.

ragesRemorse
i just saw FvJ and i was really kind of dissapointed, I diddnt care about the indecision at the end because freddy beat jasons ass through the whole movie or well the whole time they were in the movie and thats all i wanted to see. everything else these movies were known for such as original stories to the franchise, clever ways in killing people and creative deaths for the villians. All of these little details which seperated these slasher films from others were no where in the movie the only thing that was left over from the previous films appeal was the horribly bad acting and cheap dialogue. Im not saying anything bad about that because these movies never taken themselves seriously which is what this movie had going for it. Though when freddy and jason finally did start fighting it was entertaining well entertaining enough. Theres one thing in this movie that made me start thinking, when freddy cut jasons fingers off i realized why diddnt any one think of that before i mean you cut off his fingers he cant do jack shit but look big and mean. I dont know it was ok i guess it was good to see the bad guys back on the big screen but most people ive spoken with diddnt like it or were still trying to decide. best part of the movie was when there driving in the van after jason killed the kids at the party and the stoner goes "dude that golie is seriously pissed about somthin" that was great

cfh072
I think jason emerging with freddy's head could be indicative of a real collaboration between the two for another movie. I mean, lets face it, jason's best attribute is his overall size and strength, and freddy's best attribute is his brains.

NeonRainbows
I REALLY do hate to say this, but I think Jason won. I mean at the end of the movie, its just Freddy's head. He's not in the dream world and he doesn't the rest of his damn body, so he's powerless. They both lived ya, but Jason came out whole while Freddy's body still in the lake somewhere. The worst damage Freddy can do now is bite somebody.

I really wish it was the other way around, with Freddy holding Jason's head. But knowing Freddy, he'd probably be playing soccer with it rather than carrying out the was Jace did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.