Did somebody say NEW lightsaber colors?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jameous Woodshire
At the Comic-Con 2001. Here is the latest word from Steve Sandsweet during a question and answer session after what sounds like a killer video presentation:

Q: Is Sam Jackson's saber purple in the film
A:- YES!! He asked Lucas for a Purple Blade, and Lucas thought about it and obliged after Sam's amazing performace.

theres lots more great stuff at the other SW news site. Go there for the whole story.

smokin'

keokiswahine
ok, thanks, Jameous. Sounds great that Sam got a purple sabre. Looking forward to that outstanding performance of his. big grin

Jameous Woodshire
Me too. I cant wait! 10 more months to go!!

Bragg2012
the front cover of SW insider #55 bears a pic of mace and his purple saber. Theres more info about the articles in #55 here

http://starwars.com/community/news/2001/07/img/insider55_bg.jpg

darth fester
remember a while a go i said he had a purple one .............. oooh that sounds rude

yerssot
I always said, maybe not here but CERTAINLY on aldera.net that there were purple lightsabres AND that there also be yellow ones.
They didn't want to believe me, but I guess I showed them!!

Ushgarak
It's about bloody time they came to a decision on this...

ratcat
Giess that kills the three colour theory - Oops, that will be the sound on canon changing then. laughing out loud

As you say Ush, it IS about time.

The big question now does that mean there are 4 colours or more?

yerssot
Why not any color??

Jameous Woodshire
Thats what I've said all along. Why not any color?

I took 6 years for us to see any color other than Blue and Red, so why not all the colors after 25 years (total) of waiting?

darth fester
i would like to see a twin blade like darth mauls with 2 colours that would be cool

yerssot
Those guys at TheForce.net really got it! I was right al along!!!!!
A double blade lightsabre was used for Jeditraining, guess Sidious didn't had enough many to buy a serious lightsabre

Ushgarak
Well, we have no evidence that the double sabre is used for training. Silly weapon to train with, really. Actually a silly weapons all around, but never mind that...

Well, that knocks out the colour=Force philosophy idea, doesn't it? Along with the other justifcations for only three sabre colours.

Mind you, we still have no idea what the deal is here. One way or another, once we get some footage of all the Jedi in the film sabred up we will know a lot more...

queeq
Does anyone know what bodypart Anakin gets chopped off?

sand person no. 10
maybe only jedi council members can have different colours, perhaps if yoda does have a yellow sabre, (although I hope he doesn't) it signifies that he's the head of the council and that all of the other members have purple sabres.

queeq
All purple? Now that would be odd.

Here's hoping for the blacklight lightsabre.

R.C
Nah, I think the JC will have a mix of colours.

queeq
Yup, me too.

yerssot
I think that black sabres will never be made.

queeq
Probably not. But here's me hoping. wink

Dim
Why do you want a black lightsaber?

queeq
Because I think that it would look soooo cool. That's why

finti
as long as they dont go for pink or indigo lightsaber, then we have a sissy fight on our hand.

queeq
And what's wrong with a sissy fight? I can see OB1 whipping Anakin over the volcano's edge with a handbag.

phinney6
I could see ob1 using mace

sand person no. 10
mace windu?
mace spray?
mace on a chain?

phinney6
the spray

Ushgarak
No! Mace Windu! Hit him with Mace Windu!

Enough to scare anybody...

queeq
Quite the merchandise for episode II: Official Can of Mace Windu.

Jameous Woodshire
Their sales pitch could be

"It cleans glass with Ani ease applied"

rolling on floor laughing

queeq
laughing out loud

yerssot
hmmm ... read the first post again; guess he was wrong then

Ushgarak
Err, no., I will say AGAIN: We have no proof that they have changed their minds about the purple sabre.

yerssot
ow sad

perhaps they want it as a surprise in the movies?

Ushgarak
Err, maybe. But bearing in mind that most of the public aren't as ravenous for SW info as us people, then I think that more people will be surprised if the sabre IS purple.

yerssot
Hey! I'm not obsessed by Star Wars!
ok, maybe a little...
ok, I'm a SW freak! Happy now?

And that's just what I said; if it is purple it will also be a surprise for us!
(heck, he will probable use his sabre ones in AOTC)

Ushgarak
Sorry, I thought you meant he was wrong about it being purple, and so therefore you were implying that it would surprise us if it wasn't purple after he had said it was.

yerssot
no problem smile

nobody gets me anyway wink

I really hope it's a purple one... perhaps only the JC members know the secret of making sabres with different colors

Ushgarak
I doubt it is a 'secret'.

I have this quaint idea that Windu gets a special sabre because he is the Jedi Order's sabremaster, as it were. A mark of status.

yerssot
It is said that he is a good swordsman, we still have to see it!

And ok; the purple sabre got a lot of attention, that's perhaps the main reason why they said it wouldn't be in the movie

bigsef2
YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR!!! (Ed McMan voice)

yerssot
as always
smokin'

bigsef2
Ok, just about every website out there is touting these as the new, official lightsaber colors:

Anakin Skywalker: Blue. At a later point Green. Later wields both Blue and Green simultaneously.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Blue. At a later point Green.

Mace Windu: Purple.

Yoda: Green.

Luminara Unduli: Green.

Barriss Offee: Blue.

Shaak-Ti: Blue.

Kit Fisto: Green.

Count Dooku: Red. At a later point wields Red and Blue simultaneously.

yerssot
ha! and suddenly Yoda HAS a lightsaber and suddenly it's a GREEN one?
give me the yellow one! (then I was correct all the time smile )

bigsef2
Well, we already KNEW he had one. Theres a scene in AOTC where he instructs young Jedi on the use of the lightsaber. The mystery was to the color. I was thinking that if Mace has purple, yoda would also have a new color, yellow, but it doesnt look that way. Mace's having purple and every one else having either blue or green would seem to indicate he IS the head of the council, not yoda. Maybe the purple saber is a special weapon, handed down from generation to generation of council leaders.

yerssot
Ok, I admit, I wasn't a fan of Yoda having a sabre and certainly not him having a green one!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.