Darth Maul to appear in episode 2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jabba
I read on TFN that some old StarWars actors will make a return in Ep2..albiet in cameo guise ie dressed up so you wont recognise 'em

Any guesses who may make an impromptu appearence?

I vote for Ray Park!

Dim
Nah...I think Carrie Fisher would be better.

JediOasis
Or Mark Hamil, he needs the work smile I would love to see Harrison Ford make a cameo, but he's probably to pricy for a walk through.

jabba
Yeah..i thought Carrie or Mark..they seem the only actors who are still close to Starwars...Carrie has links with Lucas and has written stuff for him (Young Indiana Jones chronicles) and was rumored to be writing the ep2 script at one stage!

ratcat
How does Mark Hamill need the work? He's producing stuff, he's working on Batman, he's on stage.

Dim
He might have needed it a few years back but it seem like he's got his hands full now.

ratcat
Exactly, same a Carrie Fisher. They had a big lull post OT but have worked hard to forge their careers into the kind of things thy want to do.

I seem to remember Carie Fisher saying she wouldn't want to do a cameo in the PT (On Graham Norton???) in an interview last year but I may be mistaken.

Vicky
Hi, new here, but I gotta agree with Boshuda. I read in Empire mag about a year ago that Ray Park would be in Ep.2 but in a cameo role. Though it'd be great if it could be Carrie or Mark.

Darth Pants
Nick Gillard said he wasn't working with him, so he probably won't be doing any stunts. I thought they'd get him back to help choreograph the rumoured hand to hand fighting on Kamino.

ratcat
Hi Rhea, I think that rumour in Empire was based on something Lucas said about Park coming back. However, snce the day he said it there has been no further indication that it would actually happen.

I contacted Ray Parks management some time ago and they told me there were no deals for Ray to be in Episode II or III.

Vicky
Like I said, it was a year ago, and to be honest, you never seem to be able to trust anything you read these days anyway. The number of false rumours goin' round are immense. Thanks for clearing it up though.

ratcat
My Pleasure. I do wonder what Lucas was thinking when he made that statement though. Just proves you can't believe everything the man says as a press conference or interview. wink

Ushgarak
As I remember, GL's statement was that he couldn't pssobily comment about RP's return. This immediately cuased rumours that RP was returning.

ratcat
OK, I'm dooming myself to having to go find this now but as I saw it reported the dtory went like this.

Lucas was collecting some award or something and made a comment about having enjoyed working with Ray Park and looking forward to working with him again on Episode-II.

Everybody thought it was strange at the time.

Dim
Yeah, I seem to remember something along that line..

ChelsiJediKnight
I don't think that Ray Park will be returning to EPII. I just read off a Star Wars site that Darth Maul was not to return.
This was said by Nick Gillard. The stunt coordinator for EPII.

Ushgarak
I don't think anyone thought DM was coming back. Just Ray Park.

finti
yeah to help coordinate some fight scenes.

krautrocker
i thought mark hamill was doingthe voice for one of the CGI aliens in episode 2. As for 'special guests' is it not possible george said what he did about ray park knowing the rumours that where going on at that time about maul's return to throw us lot off the scent? I suppose he cold return as a hologram or something ? Or maybe a flashback in a dream anakin has of him killing his old friend qui gonn , something that could build up the anger inside of him.

Dim
It's possible..but I think we would have heard SOMETHING about it if Park had been involved in anything up to this point..maybe I'm wrong.

Gundark
I agree with Dim. There would be a lot more rumour around about Maul. He's dead and gone. Time to move on to the next sith.

toochilled
Ray Park IS involved with EpII.

He choreographed some of the action sequences (mainly the Geonosis battle).

I asume he will have a cameo - but he will be a Jedi this time - doubt you'll catch him.
- Unless they get him to play Eeth Koth in the final battle !

ratcat
Woahhhh! Hang on, would you care to back that up? Whilst I like the info, I'd love to know what you base it on. confused

ytwoaone
No he won't be returning. George Lucas never planned on him returning, that's why Maul was cut in half so he couldn't return.
I found this out on a website(can't remember the name of the site).

Possibly he may feature in a flashback or a dream/nightmare. There was no mention of this so we'll have to wait for further developments. rolling on floor laughing

kdawg
hey, i think you are thinking about the wrong thing ytwoaone

Ushgarak
Yes, the name of the thread was a deliberate amusement. The discussion is about RAY PARK (or another previously seen actor) returning, NOT Darth Maul.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.