Official Elton John Appreciation Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Capt_Fantastic
Like him? Hate him? Love him? Can't stand him?

How do you feel about Sir Elton John and his almost four decades at the top of the industry?

diegocala
I like him

julibug
this poor thread died too soon! i like some of elton john's music. being a pianist myself, i really appreciate his musicianship. i like candle in the wind and crocodile rock the best!

RIO
i like his music very much, especially his piano playing. benny and the jets, tiny dancer, and i guess that's why they call it the blues are some of his best.

julibug
bbbbenny and the jetsssss!

i saw a cool concert on tv once of him and billy joel! it rocked!

loserib
tiny dancer would have to be my favorite elton john song

tiffany's
I have always liked him but my boyfriend has taught me a new appreciation for this very talented artist....He re-recorded two DVD's onto VHS of concerts for me to have at my house....they are cool

lex
elton! so many songs! defintely my favorite british solo artist. singer songwriter and musician. i grew up listening to pretty much all of 70's stuff so most if not all his songs from that era really special to me not just because they are great songs(some of them are considered classics) but because they have tremendous sentimental value to me personally. if i had to group together a small collection of really personal favs they would as follows: philadelphia freedom(nothing brings back 1970's summer days memories like this song does for me) mama can't buy your love(same as philadelphia freedom) your song(timeless classic) daniel, someone saved my life tonight, levon, empty garden, guess thats why they call it the blues. as for more recent songs circle of life, the one, and this train don't here anymore.

Capt_Fantastic
Wow. This thread just came out of no where. I'm an elton super freak. Rocketman is a personal favorite...it's lyrical content means a lot to me, and of course the music. But my next favorite is one that I think is terribly under appreciated. It almost never gets mentioned as a classic. Grey Seal. I have never listened to it with someone who's hearing it for the first time and they've not loved it. The words are nonsensical(unless you've been an elton uber freak since '94 when Made in England came out and you've had time to create a meaning for the words) but the whole song is genius. The keyboards, the bass, all of it. It's just...perfect.

sauron
candle in the wind bennie and the jets your song i guess why they call it the blues this train dont stop here no more candle in the wind 1997 version (for dianna) are all classics i have 3 cd collection, also love queen

in flames
i dont know alot about his music but from what i heard i love his voice!!

plenTpak52
I think he is awesome! Some of my favorites are Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, Crocodile Rock, Your Song, Tiny Dancer, and his version of Pinball Wizard (although it was originally composed by Pete Townshend)

sauron
levon...lucy in the sky with diamonds...

o kiMMii o
CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT!!!!!! i LOVE THAT SONG!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.