Hellraiser

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
well since we have been talking about hellraiser in the freddy vs jason thread i though why not just have a thread about the it. Hellraiser is probly without a doubt one of the best horror flicks ever made and pinhead is the baddest ass muther ****er u could ever encounter so this movise deserves its own thread what u guys think

ragesRemorse
yeah deffaintly, hellraiser is a very creative storyline with a horror character that rivals all, i just dont know how the movie series took such a sudden turn after the second one 3 was pretty bad but some nice cynobite editions and great deaths, but bloodlines was a bad idea, though i liked the one after bloodlines i cant rememebr the name, and im yet to see hellseeker, but ol pinhead is deffaintly one of those horror movie baddies that exists in a plain all its own. the story is just a great one

DeNiro
i like in bloodline when he is like nailed himself to the wall or he nailed sumone to the wall and he said "Jeasus Wapped" that was bad ass

Dagons Blade
I remember seeing this in the theatre and really seeing some genuinely scared reactions from some of the people. I thought Pinhead was so cool, and the other Cenobites just made it that much more neater. A very unique vision of hell and how to some people pain is pleasure and vice versa.

The 2nd one was nasty too,with that gigantic thing that Dr. Channard turned into, it wasted all the Cenobites in like 5 seconds flat. I have neer seen beyond the fourth one, but at least Doug Bradley has returned each time to be Pinhead, and not having him do it would be like getting someone other than Robert Englund to be Freddy. Unthinkable! mad

Oh BTW-being a semi professional model builder, I made 2 very nice Pinhead models from different films, and I also have the other models as well. In the 80's and some of the 90's Screamin vinyl kits had all of the Hellraiser characters and I bought em' up, (and yes they were a pretty penny to be sure.)

DeNiro
thats ****in cool have u made ne type of models that we could have seen like in a movie or sumthing and yeah deffintly without the same dude playing pinhead is just ****in stupid they should make a movie without him or it would be ****in god awful

Dagons Blade
No I haven't done any movie models, DeNiro, just collecting. I build moels for fun and for my own personal collection.

These are museum quality pieces that are made from PC vinyl, and they will last forever as long as they aren't subject to extreme temperatures, like heat or cold, becaue vinyl either softens or hardens depending on temperature.

You may have seen ads in Fangoria for Screamin and Horizon model kits of Freddy and Jason and all those guys way back when, and some of those advertised kits are the ones that I also have in my collection.

I also do a lot of Godzilla models too. He's my fave, the big G.

Evil Dead
I love Hellraiser...........1 and 2 are the best in my opinion........I didn't think part 3 was that bad. I thought it was pretty good considering they had to find a way to bring Pinhead back after he was killed in part 2........I think they did an okay job.

Part 4 ....Bloodline.........I loved this movie........I thought it was great to give a little back story on the Lament Configuration instead of just focusing on Pinhead..............the Hellraiser movies aren't about one character, they are about the gateway to hell being opened and the demons (cenobites) that come to claim those who open it...........didn't really bother me too much that Pinhead was barely in it because it told a good story.........................We found out the origins of the Lament Configuration and we learn how the saga started..........

DeNiro
do they have the hellraiser seris on dvd in one package cause that would be aewsome

Evil Dead
I don't believe so..........I have never seen one.........I do however have all 6 on dvd .....you can buy all but Hellseeker for $15 (it still costs like $22) so you probably wouldn't be saving much money if they were to release a box set..........

hell..........if memory serves correctly I bought Bloodlines and Inferno packaged together at Walmart for like $15 ...........can't get much cheaper than that.....

DeNiro
hmm ill have to check that out but i know myself to well when i get mony in my hand im going straight to Abercrombie lol but i will probly go look first at the hellraiser movies before ne thing thanks bro

ragesRemorse
is hell seeker any good?

DeNiro
i havent seen it but i would think so i have to go rent it

ragesRemorse
yeah i was tempted a few times but i heard it wasnt really very good but these arent the best people to confer with when wanting to rent a movie

DeNiro
this is the best place to check what is good i have rented 700 movies from my local block buster i aint a geek and watch movies all day but i watch em at like 12 am

jimbo25
DeNiro, great idea starting this Hellraiser thread. I was also toying with the idea after reading so much hellraiser in the Freddy vs Jason thread.
I can't believe so much of it was negative!!! confused

Anyway, the Hellraiser plot is just an awesome concept. I think all of the movies through Bloodlines were great. Unfortunately, I think Inferno and Hellseeker were as bad as the others were good. Just not enough action or cenobite appearance. sad

Those cenobite models that Dagon's Blade has sound cool. Many comic/card stores also have posable 8'' collector figures of the cenobites.
evil face
Very cool!!

DeNiro
yeah i think who ever made this movie up was reall ****ed up cause who would ever think of the cenbites i mean how ****in cool. u know what other movie is very messed up is house of a thousand corpses but we all know who made that movie the great rob zombie so we knew why it was so crazy and yeah u r right jimbo this movei deffintly deserves its own thread

ragesRemorse
man if you liked the movie hellraiser pick up the book that the movie came from. clive barker is the master of horror, if you htink the cenobites are fuc*ked up pick up his books the books of blood, read a couple of those stories and youll see how twisted this man really is. he's the guy who gave the conceptional art for the toys, the tortured souls which there making into a movie now, have you seen those toys, the second set arent as good but the first series are just disturbing to look at . toys R us refused to carry them LOL

DeNiro
oo man ai got to read lol no i will check it out for sure now sine u said it was cool

ragesRemorse
yeah get the fisrt volume

jimbo25
I agree that Clive Barker is an awesome writer. I've read The Hellbound Heart ( as well as others) on which Hellraiser was based.
Stephen King's short story collections are also excellent. But if you want truly frightening, you have to read H.P. Lovecraft.

Striel
Hellraiser is AWESOME. Pinhead is one of the creepiest villians of all time.

DeNiro
u registered today and i like u alot already cause u think pinhead is number one horror guy wich i will agree he is one bad ass mother fu*cker

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i think leatherface is one bad ass mother fu*ker. well a freaky bad ass mother fu*ker.

BackFire349
hockey took the words right out of my mouth, although pinhead does kick serious ass.

ragesRemorse
no one can deny the original evilness that is pinhead

BackFire349
actualy, i never really considered pinhead evil, he only kills those who deserve, he seems to be the voice of reason in his movies, killing bad people only.

ragesRemorse
yeah your right i may have been to hasty throwing around that word "evil" but he's still evil'ish

BackFire349
definately

DeNiro
BF is so right he does only punish the bad guys but in the first one the one girl was not bad but he got things mix up but ne way i dont think pinhead would have a problem not askin why u did the bad thing u did i think all he would do is **** u up really bad and really slowly and say if ur here u ****ed up lol but yeah leatehr face is freaky hate to encounter him *Shivers*

ragesRemorse
id hate to encounter anyone wearing a human face as a mask

Tex
Ugh!
Hellraiser it totally not scary!
He looks like Billy Corgan with nails in his head!
*yawn* stick out tongue

DeNiro
your such a tease tex stick out tongue

weiknd
I love hellraiser for the simple fact thet all the other bad guys in horror movies suck. Pinhead was the first villain that actually gave me the shivers as a kid and I still rent the movies now and then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.