orcs and their family

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nemo
do u think orcs have family?
brother or sister?
i kind of think they do , but the tie wouldn't be very close.evil face

and have u ever seen a female orc?
how do think they would look like? huh

Ambarturion
I don`t see any reason why they shouldn`t. Tolkien was pretty vague on the subject (on female dwarves as well).

As for how they look. Well, considering what the men look like, I wouldnt get my hopes up.

Danistar
They look indeed ugly.......hehehe

fini
welll i saw that they were getting into orc history in the histiry of middle earth but i haven't reached that book yet

but i seeeeeee no reason why they dont have orc families

orcs may live somewhere else in tribes or something and thats probably where the females are........well unless orcs are asexual or soemthing

FreeMason
Tolkein was vague on the subject except in one way.

He explained that what most thought of Mordor as a very dead place, were wrong, that it had life, but that life had been twisted by such an Evil presence.

Among this life included Orc towns around the lake in Mordor...and they were his slaves...so obviously the orcs had families...or they'd have no reason to be controlled (as they'd exist just to serve sauron).

But when the party crosses into Mordor they see that all the fortifications are to keep people in...

Exa
In the history there are four different suggestions where the orcs may have come from...
1. made of stone by morgoth
2. elves caught by morgoth (but then why arent they immortal? and why is being an orc inherited?)
3. kinda animals...
4. MEN.
nr 4 is my fav... kinda says the same as 2 as tolkien suggests that men might be elves that werent faithful to their kind...

I think they had a family (except perhaps sarumans halforcs big grin ) but that didnt matter and they just lived in big hoards.

Lord_Andres
havint read the books but whare did Sauron get all his orcs?

FreeMason
Mainly from the sea of nurnen and I think ruhn, but definately nurnen, as he especially in the RotK is marching all his armies from there to staging areas near barad-dur.

nemo
i thought he breed them in mordor.

Exa

Lord_Andres
are there only men in Gondor and rohan? what about the othre places more east then mordor?

Exa

aniron
orcs did have families when they were elves but then they were made by other orcs from the tress so only some did have.

GABRIEL05
orcs have family. hold on I'll get the link

http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/default.htm?http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/h/hobbits.html

nemo
great site, gabriel.

must_kill_Santa
i thought they were elves once as it says in the film does that mean that elves arent still corrupted and that orcs are just born orcs or do elves still get corrupted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.