Cops in your town: Cool or not cool?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
how are the cops in your town? are they cool or what?

Dexx
oh you don't wanna hear about the cops in romania. Wait..at least ONE thing's for sure..the bribe...who has it bigger.
But the cops in toronto..they're pretty nice. I saw me a couple of 'em when i came home today at a tim horton's, buying donuts. they went behind the car wash to eat the...unbelivable. Hey...if i have the time some day i'll grab the camera and go do a watch on that tim horton's evil face

Rogue Jedi
there are so many here. we have hpd (houston police dpt), sherriffs dpt, and numerous other county agencies. the majority i know are cool.

ChinaNiki
Animal Cops: Houston....very coolbig grin

ChinaNiki
Sidney cops suck cuz they have noting better to do than give you bunches of tickets

Cayce cops are pretty cool most of the time

Kes
well a cop here once, by accident, shot a guy then chopped is head off (not by accident) so no1 would know he did it.
Well he was caught of course and that police (GNR) was shut down so now we have PSP who are nice when your care has a window open, they ring your bell and tell you, but when you need them they are never around.

Ushgarak
I am glad you added the 'not by accident' bit there, Kes, as that looked REALLY weird at first!

Police here are fair enough. We have a lot of cameras around and they slowly patrol the busy streets at night in their cars to maintain a visible presence. Chelmsford isn't paradise but it is far from crime central.

Kes
lol But dont get me wrong, my city isn't violente. Cops just dont do much messed

Dexx
the cops in bucharest (the ones from the section in my neighbourhood,a ctually), were recently helping the thiefs steal gasoline from the pipeline. They were guarding them..immagine that

GABRIEL05
OK and I though Seattle cops were whack. What a fugged up thing to do.

Captain REX
That's just plain screwed up Dexx...

The only thing we have cops around here for is to watch the speed limit of people and make sure bike riders are riding safely. The only other thing they do is arrest the few drug dealers around here. The only drastic thing I've heard of is them arresting a guy for the murder of two children at the daycare down the street from my house. He rammed through the fence in his car and crushed two little children. My neighbor's kid was almost hit as well. sad

Tex
Pigs, bastard pigs around here!mad

drumsgirl13
they're Dutch.
that's all i gotta say.

diegocala
Cops around here are alright, but we go to Mexico about twice a month...gotta watch out for the policia down there! And a Mexican jail is NOT where you want to be!

KidRock
you have cops that are "bobbies" right?

GABRIEL05
Do all you non Americans have the general impression that American cops are fairer than cops in other countries?

Kes
No.

Rogue Jedi
hell no. our cops are jerks. well, not all, but a lot of them are. i have a lot of cop buddies and knowing them has come in really handy.

Ushgarak
Never called a cop a bobby in my life. Nor do we all go around wearing top hats, drinking tea and chasing foxes. I know what you mean, though.

ChinaNiki
depends on where you are

the cops where my cousin lives are like nazis picking and choosing who gets in trouble and who doesn't

the whole court system in his area is run by money not law

diegocala
Here we have one's that are Gregs, Dans, Bills, and even a few Steves if you can believe that eek!

GABRIEL05
Oh gawd. Ok why don't you pull the flapping dicky and honk the hornnose while your at it to Diegocala.

diegocala
Pull my flapping what? I think I might get in trouble for that wink

Tired Hiker
Cops in San Jose are pricks in general.
Cops in Salinas are cool.
Cops in Carmel are bored and should be in Salinas.
Cops in Monterey are on coke.
Cops in Santa Cruz County are the coolest cops I've ever met. I meet a lot of cops since I work in the news and SC cops rule. Good people.

Rogue Jedi
i was stopped by a cop who hangs out at the hotel i work at. he and i are tight. i was going 84 in a 60. he let me go!!!! awesome.

ChinaNiki
my next door neighbor is the police commissioner and he let me go once when i was doing 60 in a 30 and through a hospital zone

course he might of let me go cuz mom reemed him out when he tore up some of our honeysuckle bushes when he put in his poolwink

ChinaNiki
at my old job the girls all went crazy over officer rivera cuz he was a definite hottie and he was cool as well

GroundedAgain
there is one deputy sheriff in my town. he sits in the bar all night and fixes farm machinery for local farmers all day. he has given out about 5 driving under influence tix while he was drunk. the real cop lives in a town half an hour away.

mechmoggy
Police in the Midlands are okay.

I once spent a night in the cells for a crime I didn't commit though. But they woke me up nice and early with sausage and beans, which was nice.

bigbadbike2
Cops. Can they actually ever be cool? The jerks that I have met lie to get you to confess something you didn't do. Take drugs constantly while arresting others that take it and letting the dealers go free because they are afraid of them (or getting supplied by them.) Then speeding. I have never met a cop that did the speed limit, however they seem intent(sp) on stoping me when I do not. My friends and I have a running joke:

There is a bank robbery going down and all the police have been called to it. BBB2 is just driving along minding his own buisness. When 4 cop cars race over the hill going the other directions. The cops then via the radio to each other,
Cop 1: "There's a speeder."
Cop2: "That's that BBB2 A-hole!"
Cop 1: "Lets get his a**"
The cops then radio in to the other police at the robbery that they are after BBB2 the speeder. All the cops leave the scene of the robbery to help with chasing down BBB2. They catch up to him and he calmly slows down and pulls to teh side of the road. The cops then swarm around him in their cars blocking all the road in all directions. Then all the cops run toward BBB2. "Get on the ground you Son of a b***h" the cop says as they begin to pummel(sp) BBB2 with their night sticks and black jacks. The robbers go free.
Cop2: "We got his a**. He won't be speeding anymore. Hell, he may not even walk anymore."

I am sure their are good cops, I just have never met any.

Darth Vicious
Well here in my town they aight, ive never been puleed over and the time i did got pulled over he just le me go but in a couple of towns a few minutes from mine, they a bunch of racist, if u aint white they start pulling u over for no reason.

silver_tears
i live in toronto and its quite big so i cant speak for all of them but some are cool big grin

ragesRemorse
the cops here in pittsburgh are cool and there city cops so there built like oak tree's. I havent seen as many built cops as i have here in pittsburgh but the govener is laying off a hundred cops for budget purposes. Thats really messed up i mean the crime here isnt that bad but thats just because theres so many cops, so instead of laying off meter maids he's laying off cops. So when you do have god cops they usually dont last to long i guess

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.