What is the worst job you have ever had?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
your worst job? when and where.....

ChinaNiki
trimming tires at Michelin back in may-june '99

not the best job for someone with back problems since you have to throw the tires onto a conveyor belt

plus it's loud, the trimming knives make the nerves in your hands tingle all the time, the shifts are twelve hours long that are sometimes morning and sometimes afternoon all within the same week, the trimmed rubber gets into everything, you have to wear protective eyewear and gloves and it smells.

mechmoggy
I worked at a battery egg chicken farm when I was at school: -

It smelled really bad. The chickens were like 4/5 to a tiny cage. I had to remove dead chickens from cages. I had to sweep up huge piles of dead flies on a daily basis. sick

Tex
Ewwww
I've been lucky, no bad jobs for mestick out tongue

ragesRemorse
every fast food restaurant ive worked at, GOD FAST FOOD BLOWS

diegocala
Digging holds for the gas company...man did that suck!

badkittykitty
I use to work the grave yard shift at a resturant that was down the street from a bunch of bars,when the bars closed they all came in and it wasnt pretty,most people were so drunk that the food made them sick and they would often pass ot at the table or throw stuff around,i even seen two tables get into a fight and they were throwing forks and knives at each other.the cops were called every weekend. I got my own stalker and every thing.it was a nightmare.

diegocala
Get this! My friend has a job picking up dog crap. Sounds like the worst job ever huh?

But not! He makes all his rounds in the morning, he is usually home by 1 or 2pm and he makes $1000 U.S. a week! A WEEK! geeze!!

Sheepz
Hmmm, can babysitting jobs count? I have some real horror stories there -_-

When parents tell you not to give the kids too much sugar, DON'T GIVE THEM ANY! I'll never forget dear Kevin. He had 2 cookies and went beserk. I had to chase this insane child all around his house. During the process an expensive lamp broke. Thank god I wasn't made to pay for it. Needless to say, I never watched that brat again.

ChinaNiki
I found that kids of parents who subscribe to the "discuss it" school of discipline are the worst possible kids to baby-sit. They don't ever really get punished: no groundings, no time-outs, no removal of privelidges, no reaseon to behave.

Tex
Yeah, those people make me sick, my parents used to beat the crap out of me when I misbehaved, I turned out all rightbig grin

badkittykitty
my best friend cleans port-a-pottys and he gets great money too!
..shit happens.

Rogue Jedi
selling meat door to door.

mechmoggy
Pfft! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
knocks on door...." hi, wanna buy my meat?" blink huh messed

ChinaNiki
laughing out loud

Phoenix

julibug
my worst job ever was doing food prep. awful. i quit after the second day. the problem was that during the lunch rush, i also had to fill soup orders, and the manager was always right in my face yelling the whole time. awful. and very hot in there too. and did i mention it was awful? i've mostly had office or retail jobs - much nicer than food related work. btw, phoenix, i've just started volunteering (not even gettin paid!) at a tiger sanctuary. there will be some interesting cleaning there. probably not as much "hands on" with the tigers as you had with the cats and dogs, though.

Vision-of-Death
i used to be a male prostitute !

Gundark
Modding these forums. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
One time I took this job at an edit post for some Discovery Channel bureau next to the Aquarium in Monterey Bay. They bought an old cannery right next to Doc Rickett's real labrotory that Steinbeck writes about in 'Cannery Row.' Beautiful place to work but the job sucked rhino. I had to scrape one hundred year old fish scales off of the walls so they could move edit bays into that giant cement walled room where the souls of many dead fish still dwell. It was creepy, smelly, old fish gut dust going into my lungs... I'd use water to loosen up the crusty guts and it would turn into a dead fish paste. They kept telling me that I was paying my dues and that they'd never forget my efforts when they needed a new camera man. They never called me back, those fu*ks, and I still think of all those lost dead fish souls.

Mujaffa
like tounge scraping....

ChinaNiki
anything that requires slapping mayonaise on something sick

Mujaffa
haha

GroundedAgain
i have to scoop horse sh*t all morin long into a huge pile u think ya like horse until ya scoop their sh*t all mornin

mechmoggy
Wait a minute, I'm doing it for free! confused

Gundark
You mean actually SIGNED that contract Raz gave you ????

Fool. reading

mechmoggy
Dammit! He said it was just a formality and to put my X at the bottom.

sad

Gundark
You are in BIG trouble, my friend.....you are now trapped in Raz's eternal hell of scrubbing his thone with a toothbrush.

mechmoggy
Thats not too bad, I'll use his toothbrush. evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.