Historical dinner.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
if you could pick 3 people throughout history, alive or dead, and sit down to have dinner with them, who would you choose?

DemonicGambit
Hm, I would have to say:

Jessica Alba
Aaliyah and...
I dunno Left Eye

Rogue Jedi
bruce lee, george lucas and lee harvey oswald. did you really do it alone, lee harvey?

ChinaNiki
very prolific with the threads tonight Roguebig grin

i would saySojourner Truth, Nefertite(sp), and Golda Meier

wicker_man
Sir Christopher Lee
Winston Churchill
Alan Robson

mechmoggy
John Lennon, Eric Morecame and Charles Dickens.

The Omega
Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking and John Cleese!

Dexx
Myiamoto Musashi
Morihei Ueshiba
Jigoro Kano

Captain REX
Hitler (so I could kill him)
Saddam Hussein (so I could kill him)
Osama Bin Laden (so I could kill him)

Well, that leaves me with room for three more... big grin

George Washington (So, what do you think of you being the first president?)
Sir Ian McKellan (Well Gandalf...er...Magneto...er...Ian...)
Benjamin Franklin (How are those electricity burns coming along?)

Tex
What did Saddam ever do to you?wink

1)Liberacezorro
2)Marilyn Monroe
3)Elvis

Dexx
i think they'd have a chance of hacking you back also stick out tongue evil face

badkittykitty
1. nostradamus
2. Napoleon Bonaparte
3. jesus christ

diegocala
Jimi Hendrix
Bon Scott
Janis Joplan

I would make sure we had plenty of time before Dinner!

Dexx
that nostradamus is a hoax...didn't they tell ya? stick out tongue

badkittykitty
well I'll let jesus disprove him over dinner and the french dude can be the comic relief

KidRock
hmm who to have dinner with..

pamela anderson ( nude )

jenna jameson ( nude )

Kes (...) jk jk lol

Rogue Jedi
judas, billy the kid and wyatt earp.

The Omega
Dexx> I know about Ueshiba-sensei . But who are the two other Japanese-sounding people?

ChinaNiki
Martha Allen Carrier, Artemesia Gentileschi, and Mary Magdelan

Rogue Jedi
me, myself and i.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
1. Anthony Hopkins
2. Al PAcino
3. Wayne Gretzky

lol odd 3 the smart one, the mobster and the hockey player lol

Rogue Jedi
julius caesar, napoleon and robert e lee.

ChinaNiki
Anne Bonney, Bodicea (sp), Catherine de Medici

finti
Olav Haraldson aka St Olav, Olav The Holy, the king who tried to Christen Norway by using force).
Harald Halfdanson aka, Harald Hairfair, the king who allegedly united Norway to one kingdome.
Jesus at the last supper to end the hoax

Rogue Jedi
mila jovovich, angelina jolie and michelle rodriguez.....i am a sinner......... evil face laughing out loud smokin'

ChinaNiki
you sure J to the P will let Michelle go to your dinner?

VampirePrincess
hmmmm....

Rozz Williams
C.S. Lewis
Johny Depp

h0ck3yh0rr0r
besides my last post other 3 historical people
1. Alexandre Dumas
2. Jules Verne
3. Andreas Vesalius

Rogue Jedi
i dont have to ask him. she called and begged me to pick her up.

dont hate me because i am beautiful... stick out tongue big grin cool laughing out loud

ChinaNiki
are you advertising for Pantene now?

Rogue Jedi
yes i am....jealous? cool

badkittykitty
I love milla jovovich! can I come please! I'll sit in the corner.

ChinaNiki
used to be a pantene girl
but now i use garnier
pantene ways down the hair
but if you like that feelingwink

ChinaNiki
that's weighs down

Rogue Jedi
mila is all mine!!!! dont touch!!! not that she would let you...she loves me..... love

ChinaNiki
oh...i'm sure she does no

badkittykitty
come on you got the other two..

Rogue Jedi
ok, kitty...you can have angelina.....and a slice of huckleberry pie....niki ate all the blueberry pie.....dont touch the whipped cream....michelle and mila are saving it for later!!!!! evil face evil face smokin' smokin'

badkittykitty
oh dang! sad
now I really am going to stalk you wink

Rogue Jedi
you cant stalk a jedi. we can sense when we are being stalked.

BellaButterfly
ADVERTISMENT:

CHECK OUT THE "WHO'S BORED" THREAD

badkittykitty
oh dang it!

ChinaNiki
even jedi let their guards down at THAT moment

get him then kitty

badkittykitty
purrfect! I'll get pics of our rogue then too,would you like to see them wink
I'll share.

Rogue Jedi
*hums mc hammer in his head* "cant touch this!!!!"

badkittykitty
I just can't win

Rogue Jedi
its all good, kitty.....we all love you here.

badkittykitty
awh shucks,right back at ya sweetie!

ChinaNiki
don't have to touch for pics rogue

Rogue Jedi
niki!!! you so tricky!!!!!!

ChinaNiki
ain't i thoughwink

Rogue Jedi
new batman villianess....the trickster!!!! played by chinaniki, kmc forum guru!!!!!

badkittykitty
I want to be her side kick!

ChinaNiki
anyone with stitch in their sig is cool with me

badkittykitty
alright! maybe I can be mrs stitchless in the nude pic thread lol

ChinaNiki
laughing out loud

finti
maybe

bigbadbike2
Dude, I can arrange that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ragesRemorse
1. BRUCE LEE
2. JESUS CHRIST
3. SAM KINISON

finti
"wanna have dinner with Gershwin" -Donna Summer

Capt_Fantastic
Napoleon, Hitler and Alexander the Great

finti
so you wanna dine with short people

Korri
talking about historic food my dads friend has a huge bit of cheese in his house and he has had it for almost 50 years sick

finti
maybe they should look for bio chemical weapons at his house then

badkittykitty
whats he saving it for?

mechmoggy
Doesn't cheese begin at 40?

No wait, that's life.

mah
Heh

Phoenix
The Bronte sisters

ragesRemorse
i want, hitler, martin luthar king, and jeffery dohmer

finti
now that would make an interesting dinner party, two people with a dream and a guy who probably dine the rest of the party

ragesRemorse
yeah itd be one for the history books

finti
hmm would be only one left to tell the tale then, Dohmer. .........................he ate all the pie`s

bstarr
1) Willliam Shakespeare love
2) orlando bloom (NAKED) love pirate
3) Christopher Merlot

yerssot
we're having dinner???

Storm
this is a tuff one
Julius Caesar, Nostradamus and Einstein

ragesRemorse
i'd have bruce lee, steven segal, jean claude van damme, and jackie chan,, just so i could watch bruce lee beat there as*es beyond submission

Rogue Jedi
jenna jameson, vanessa del rio and samanatha strong.

Kaleanae
Einstein, Archimedes and Cervantes

Rogue Jedi
adam, eve and that damn serpent.

KidRock
1. Ramses II
2. julius caesar
3. jesus

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
Hariet Tubman
Edgar Allen Poe and
Orlando Bloom

Rogue Jedi
angelina jolie, for an appetizer...
michelle rodriguez, for the entree...
and for dessert? mila jovovich!!!

DemonicGambit-2
Hm. I would eat with Brandon Lee, Julius Ceaser, and Kurt Cobain

VallejoKid707
Aaliyah
Selena
and...
Cassie Steele

Rogue Jedi
billy the kid
jesse james
wild bill hickock

Fire
Gandhi, Hume and GHengis Kahn

Rogue Jedi
your momma
yo daddy
and your sister

pottermad
well
marily monroe (naked lol)
albert hitler (2 kill him)
Achilles

Darkseed
Vlad Tepes.
Jessica Alba.
Elisha Cuthbert.

DigiMark007
So you can have a nice long lunch (basically a chance to talk) with anyone in human history. Who do you share it with?

And for the sake of the thread, assume that language barriers wouldn't be a problem.

I considered the OTF, but thought this was serious enough to warrant GDF instead.

Blax_Hydralisk
You. embarrasment

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
You. embarrasment

Aww.

hug

McLovin
He's gay.. and Mexican.

Careful Digi, he'll steal a kiss and then your wallet.

Röland
Stephen King.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by McLovin
He's gay.. and Mexican.

Careful Digi, he'll steal a kiss and then your wallet.

You better shut that purty mouth o' yers fore I do it for ya, n1igger.

spadoinkle
Can they be a dead person? Or do they have to be alive today? If it was anyone they I would want to have lunch with Robert E. Lee.

Naz
Thomas Jefferson, he's pretty much the coolest dude ever.

Rogue Jedi
I made this thread in the OTF, but I couldnt find it...

Devil King
Originally posted by Naz
Thomas Jefferson, he's pretty much the coolest dude ever.

He's a pretty ****ing cool guy. He, as well as Washington, grew Hemp. I'm not saying he was a stoner (as the resulting product is different) but he knew enough not to make it illegal; unlike the politicians of the 1920s. (or any that has followed then in teh last 90 years)

Basially: smoke and grow pot.

Rogue Jedi
Jesus, D.B. Cooper, Lee Harvey Oswald.

Alpha Centauri
Provided he existed, Jesus.

Shiro Ishii or one of the more involved scientists from Unit 731, just to find out what exactly goes on in the mind of someone like that.

Lee Harvey Oswald, obvious reasons.

Stephen Hawking, would be a bit awkward, though.

On a less significant level: Frank Zappa, Mike Patton, Prince.

Shiro Ishii or one of his crew would probably be my first choice, though. I am too fascinated by what they did. Horrified, but fascinated.

-AC

BackFire
AC, have you seen Men Behind the Sun? A Chinese film about the Unit 731 atrocities. If not, watch it. It's amazing, horrible but quite good.

Anyways, I'd probably go with Kubrick.

Alpha Centauri
Some of the stuff they did is almost literally too disturbing to think about.

Yet, it's not out of possible realms of imagining it. It's just like when a child pulls the wings off a fly just to see what would happen. Except this was doctors impregnating women only to perform vivisections and remove the foetus.

-AC

BackFire
Yeah. The stuff was quite awful.

Also a new film coming out in a few months about it called Philosophy of a Knife.

Bardock42
I don't get it. This shit thread (no offense, RJ and Digi) is in the General Discussion Forum, but the genius state your opinion one is bound to die in the stupidity of the OTF. WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't get it. This shit thread (no offense, RJ and Digi) is in the General Discussion Forum, but the genius state your opinion one is bound to die in the stupidity of the OTF. WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? I could have sworn I started this thread in the OTF. confused

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I could have sworn I started this thread in the OTF. confused

Yeah, I know, I just thought you find the "shit thread" insulting. It's certainly very suitable for the OTF. Actually, it also fits the GDF very well...just not as well as that awesome thread...I want it back weep

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, I know, I just thought you find the "shit thread" insulting. It's certainly very suitable for the OTF. Actually, it also fits the GDF very well...just not as well as that awesome thread...I want it back weep You can insult better than that, come on, I know you can. wink

Jovan
perhaps interesting to get Jinnah back with Gandhi and Nehru?

chithappens
HAHA nice lobbying

MightyEInherjar
If language wasn't a barrier, then:

Saxo Grammaticus
Egil Skallagrimsson
Ewart Oakeshott

DigiMark007
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
If language wasn't a barrier, then:

Saxo Grammaticus
Egil Skallagrimsson
Ewart Oakeshott

haha wut?

For me:

- Marc Antony (historical figure)
- Joseph Campbell (author; mythologist)
- Mario Lemieux (athlete)
- Lao Tsu (sic?) (alleged author of the Tao te Ching)
- Kenneth Branaugh (actor; director)

ScarletSpeed
bruce lee, george lucas and lee harvey oswald. did you really do it alone, lee harvey?

No I had the help of Chuck Norris and William Wallace

My dinner would have, William Wallace, Jesus and Aphrodite smile

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
No I had the help of Chuck Norris and William Wallace

My dinner would have, William Wallace, Jesus and Aphrodite smile laughing Braveheart!!!

red g jacks
snoop dogg
jay-z
and of course hitler

ScarletSpeed
laughing Braveheart!!!

One of the only things I like about Scotlandsmilelaughing out loud

ragesRemorse
Hitler and martin luther king jr

Adam_PoE
Anne Frank

Mary Magdalene

Marilyn Monroe

Quiero Mota
FDR, Gen. MacArthur, and Henry Ford.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by DigiMark007
haha wut?

Saxo Grammaticus - Famous 9th Century Danish Historian.
Egil Skallagrimsson - Possibly the most badass man to ever live.
Ewart Oakeshott - Historian/Author, creator of the "Oakeshott Typology" used to classify medieval weaponry.

Strangelove
Were I to pick three people that are dead:

Thomas Jefferson
Machiavelli
and Miles Davis

3 people that are alive:

Paul Giamatti
Jack White
and Hillary Clinton

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Strangelove

and Hillary Clinton

Are you serious??

Jovan
of course! if she gives 4 million dollars out of her pocket to her lost cause, why not give 1 million to the host of the dinner? big grin

GCG
Ghandi
Leonardo Da Vinci
Pablo Escobar

Fallen
i actually had a conversation about this with someone the other day. let's see...

henry VIII- my own personal fascination with a deeply conflicted man. he had 6 wives, beheaded two of them. he also ended up beheading so many people he once considered friends and loyal subjects. he broke england away from the roman catholic church, for goodness sakes. a heretic (according to some) and a radical! he did what he wanted, and got what he wanted. what an ego-driven, arrogant (rightfully so), intelligent, well-cultured, charismatic individual. during his prime, i don't think i could have resist him.

elizabeth I- i just greatly admire her. its amazing how she was once cast aside as an illegitimate heir, then ended up becoming one of england's most beloved rulers.

leonardo di vinci- he did it all. the man's a genius.

jesus- who wouldn't want to walk beside the most famous and infamous figure in history? of all time?! was he just the average man or was he really the son of god?

adolf hitler- mass genocide! eek! not exactly something to be excited about, but its fascinating how someone could just order the death's of 6 million people without feeling an ounce of guilt or remorse. or maybe he did...

jeffrey dahmer- okay, an odd choice, but one that would prove be entertainingly creepy. seriel killer and cannibal!

abraham lincoln- a sentimental favorite in US history.

there's more i'm sure... hmm

Devil King
Originally posted by Fallen
henry VIII- my own personal fascination with a deeply conflicted man. he had 6 wives, beheaded two of them. he also ended up beheading so many people he once considered friends and loyal subjects. he broke england away from the roman catholic church, for goodness sakes. a heretic (according to some) and a radical! he did what he wanted, and got what he wanted. what an ego-driven, arrogant (rightfully so), intelligent, well-cultured, charismatic individual. during his prime, i don't think i could have resist him.

and Jonathan Rhys Myers is ****ing HOT!

=Tired Hiker=
George Washington Carver
Benjamen Franklin
Thomas Jefferson

lil bitchiness
Prince Siddhartha
Jesus
Aristotle

Robtard
B,

You should have really picked Moses in lieu of Aristotle, it would have rounded things out a bit.

Besides, what's really more interesting, talking to the sea-splitter about burning bushes, or some Greek and how he likes taking young boys camping on the weekends?

lil bitchiness
Do you really imagine Moses to be more different than typical 87 year old uncle? I don't think so.

Jesus is the hippy Jew - look at his hair and beard. Moses would not be pleased.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Do you really imagine Moses to be more different than typical 87 year old uncle? I don't think so.

Jesus is the hippy Jew - look at his hair and beard. Moses would not be pleased. Wouldn't that make for a fun convo?

Devil King
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Jesus is the hippy Jew - look at his hair and beard. Moses would not be pleased.

Uh, YEAH! My 87 year old relatives can't talk to GOD.

edit- not that you haven't solved that problem by inviting God Jr.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Are you serious?? Have you seen the sig I had a while back? ermm

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/42Strangelove/Profile%20stuff/Hillarysig.jpg

Robtard
What would you people ask these people?

Or would this be one of those dinners that a couple married of 20+ years has, where it's just one long uncomfortable silence, complimented by massive alcohol intake.

Strangelove
If we're lucky, a happy medium

Rogue Jedi
Attila the Hun
Napoleon
Vlad the Impaler

Impediment
Sigmund Freud

C.S. Lewis

Bill Hicks

Rogue Jedi
Denis Leary
George Carlin
Jim Bruer

Ban Mido

inimalist
William James - one of the fathers of experimental psychology, one of the original people to try and bring the study of human behaviour into the lab. Said lots of things about action and perception that was at least a century ahead of its time. I would be interested in learning the motivational context for his work, where he was comming from and his philosophy on things like consciousness and materialism/reductionism. I'd love to hear his perspective on new movements like cognitive neuroscience, social cognition and evolutionary psych.

Marquis de Sade - Author and sexual deviant, possibly one of the highest exemplars of freedom in history. Not necessarily a good person, but one who was willing to satisfy all of his desires. His criticisms of the state, church, and most other institutional or authoritative structures makes him an anarchist and an atheist in a time when such philosophies were essentially unheard of (or at least not in the way they are today). I'd be most interested in his stories, his rationalizations for his, lets face it, evil actions (I believe he raped and kidnapped a couple of individuals, also assaulted some hookers), but also, I would love to hear the ideas of a cynic, locked up for sodomy, who lived during a time of massive political revolution and violence.

"Otzi" the Iceman - Found frozen in Europe, Otzi is a mummified remain of a human from over 5000 years ago. Rather than just ramble about how incredible he is, as a scientific find, I will link the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96tzi_the_Iceman. Unlike the previous 2, who as individuals are important to my beliefs, Otzi represents more of a culture that I am very curious of. Even just to watch the natural behaviours of man from 5000 years ago would be magnificent. Ignoring the obvious communication problems, just to learn how life was for man at that point, from one who lived it, would be monumentous.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
George Washington Carver
Benjamen Franklin
Thomas Jefferson Originally posted by Robtard
What would you people ask these people?

Or would this be one of those dinners that a couple married of 20+ years has, where it's just one long uncomfortable silence, complimented by massive alcohol intake.

For me, assuming they were able to hang out for a while and see how the world has changed I would:

George Washington Carver - I would ask George if he ever smoked Marijuana and if he thinks it's ridiculous that it has been made illegal via the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937. I'd ask him if this is the United States he had imagined. Then I'd rent a jet ski and cross the Potomic with him just so I could say I did.

Benjamen Franklin - I'd ask Ben if he insulated himself when he discovered lightening and electricity were related by tying a key to a kite string during a thunderstorm, or was that experiment a myth. Then I'd ask him his feelings on how many consider Alessandro Volta to be the father of electricity. After that, I'd force him to watch National Treasure to find out what he thought of the other myths Hollywood has created about him. Oh, and did he really make George's papers to smoke weed with?

Thomas Jefferson - I'd ask if he smoked weed and for his thoughts on industrial hemp, which is what the Constitution was signed on, being outlawed for growing in the United States without a special Drug Enforcement Administration permit. I'd want to know his thoughts on big business and on the government taxing everything and anything we do that is legal. Is our current state of freedom what he had in mind? Then I'd offer him a bong rip even though I quit smoking almost three years ago. But I'd do it with Tom if he was cool with it.

Wild Shadow
Adolf Hitler- i would ask him what is his overall personal goal not what he has fed the masses.. the real niddy gritty. i would then talk to him about how flawed his aryan race idea is and how the original aryan race were of middle eastern descant and were dark skin with no nordic features. how the real aryans were nothing more then a nomadic tribe that were the 1st to settle and make use of agriculture technology given rise to early mans civilization...

Emmanuel(aka bejebus if he was real)- i would ask jesus what he thinks of hitlers ideas and how accurate is he and my explanation of early man and the aryan race. i would ask him if he were god made flesh ad what does he think of society and how we can change it to fit more into the godly idea of peace and compassion.... what political/ corporate figures or ideas, and projects go against his beliefs .

Albert Einstein- albert eisntien what is his spiritaul beliefs and if sitting here eating with these two figures coincide with his predetermined beliefs? i would talk to him about quantum physics and see how much he understands and what he beliefs is possible.. i would then again ask Emmanuel if either of us is right in our science views and what specifically is inaccurate.

i would then ask that none of us leave until we can all compromise and reach some sort of agreement with one another's point of view.

oh we would also talk about aliens.

Rogue Jedi
Whoa, nice bump, duder thumb up

Autokrat
Assuming no language barriers:

Alexander the Great
Aristotle
Nietzsche

Mindship
Buddha
Stalin
Jack Kirby

Wild Shadow
Whoa, nice bump, duder thumb up

danke schoen my fuhrer!!!

Originally posted by Autokrat
Assuming no language barriers:

Alexander the Great
Aristotle
Nietzsche what would you discuss?

Originally posted by Mindship
Buddha
Stalin
Jack Kirby which Buddha?

Rogue Jedi
Denis Leary
George Carlin
Jim Bruer This, I'd be choking with laughter.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by inimalist
William James - one of the fathers of experimental psychology, one of the original people to try and bring the study of human behaviour into the lab. Said lots of things about action and perception that was at least a century ahead of its time. I would be interested in learning the motivational context for his work, where he was comming from and his philosophy on things like consciousness and materialism/reductionism. I'd love to hear his perspective on new movements like cognitive neuroscience, social cognition and evolutionary psych.

Marquis de Sade - Author and sexual deviant, possibly one of the highest exemplars of freedom in history. Not necessarily a good person, but one who was willing to satisfy all of his desires. His criticisms of the state, church, and most other institutional or authoritative structures makes him an anarchist and an atheist in a time when such philosophies were essentially unheard of (or at least not in the way they are today). I'd be most interested in his stories, his rationalizations for his, lets face it, evil actions (I believe he raped and kidnapped a couple of individuals, also assaulted some hookers), but also, I would love to hear the ideas of a cynic, locked up for sodomy, who lived during a time of massive political revolution and violence.

"Otzi" the Iceman - Found frozen in Europe, Otzi is a mummified remain of a human from over 5000 years ago. Rather than just ramble about how incredible he is, as a scientific find, I will link the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96tzi_the_Iceman. Unlike the previous 2, who as individuals are important to my beliefs, Otzi represents more of a culture that I am very curious of. Even just to watch the natural behaviours of man from 5000 years ago would be magnificent. Ignoring the obvious communication problems, just to learn how life was for man at that point, from one who lived it, would be monumentous. Nice. smile

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
which Buddha? Always gotta be different.

Mindship
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
which Buddha? v.1

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>