How many of you believe the scriptment?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
TFN's in-depth overview of the script has been here:
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/storyline/Episode_II_Scriptment.shtml

for a while.

Go check it out if you want; though don't if you are paranoid about spoilers.

Of course, they have never claimed it is a direct re-construction of the script, but they DO seem pretty sure of a lot of what they are saying, albeit with gaps. it has in many ways become the central source of much of what people believe to be true about the new film.

So, question is, how much do YOU believe it? I am very sceptical indeed, for a variety of reasons, but I'd like to hear some other thoughts first.

Darth Pants
I think a lot of it will be true, the basic plot outline anyway. I'm not much of a writer or film critic, so please excuse the awkwardness of my criticisms, but just looking at the storyline, it seems like too basic a plot, as though there's no sense of urgency about anything.Except of course to get Padme away from her would be assasins. Why is Padme such a target for assasination anyway? I was originally under the impression it was to prevent her voting regarding the clones, but you'd expect the bounty hunters to give up after she survives the first explosion and proceeds directly to the Senate chamber to vote anyway. Why would Jango want any affiliation with Dooku after he'd traded his DNA for a son? I think we're missing a lot of the picture.

Ushgarak
Of course, this could be genuine inconsistent writing... but I would have thought that Palpatine would be the LAST person to fall for the decoy Queen trick...

JediOasis
While I read all the spoilers and think some may be true, I really think that Lucas is going to pull a fast one on everybody. I do not believe at all in the storyboards, I think it was all a scam pulled by Lucas just to get some of the spies of his back.

Ushgarak
I would so much like for the planets Kamino and Genonosis mot to even exist... still it can't be ALL wrong.

JediOasis
How funny would it be if Kamino was the rock planet and Genosis was the water planet?......okay, it wouldn't be that funny, but it would be ironic big grin

Ushgarak
It WOULD be chucklesome...

RedWill
I just read it and I think that would be a cool story and I enjoyed it but how ever and this is a big but, this is all subject to change.

There a big possibily that the film will be completely differnt. The do how ever sound very sure and the plot is a good one.

I am extremly mice minded but the plot did calm my mind.

Cheers

Ushgarak
Im also understand Windu has a bigger part than suggested there

JediOasis
Lucas has said that Mace Windu is a developing character, which I guess means he'll have a much larger role in EPIII.

Ushgarak
Fair enough.

How come then that so much is known about all the fights and so forth and very little about the far more imporant romance plot?

Darth Pants
Well I think that's dependant on the choice by the person who allegedly leaked the storyboards. Everything that everyone thinks they know stems from there.

JediOasis
I find it kinda ironic that the story boards "leaked" are of two of the most important fights in the movie. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
It's by no menas certain, but now I hear that the Kyber Dart is Obi-Wan's ship, not a weapon at all.

IF this is true, it seriously undermines the credibility of this piece.

Dim
What do most people think the Kyber Dart is now?..(just wondering, remember that I don't know anything about the storyboards)

Ushgarak
I could see it being a ship, but not necessarily THAT ship...

razman
I still think its the weapon used to kill Zam Wessal. Seems more likely.

Ushgarak
A lot of people think that doesn't ring true... thought it's credible, I guess.

krautrocker
i remember on the old forums being concerned as to the extent of a dissinformation campaign by lucasfilm. It makes sense to me. I said so then. Security is so tight , that i doubt we know much at all. As for lucasfilm, they will be 'releasing' info through spies to throw us all off the scent. For example the storyboards. by threatning sites with legal action we all believe they must be true, but nothing was ever done about it , and i've see nthem somewhere recently on the web anyway.

krautrocker
i remember on the old forums being concerned as to the extent of a dissinformation campaign by lucasfilm. It makes sense to me. I said so then. Security is so tight , that i doubt we know much at all. As for lucasfilm, they will be 'releasing' info through spies to throw us all off the scent. For example the storyboards. by threatning sites with legal action we all believe they must be true, but nothing was ever done about it , and i've see nthem somewhere recently on the web anyway.

Dim
Okay, that's...wierd. Why would there be an imperial signia on his ship?

DJ Velocity
I'm not sure but I'm guessing the roots of the empire are deep even in the old republic. That signia may be the Jedi symbol so to let people know who the craft belongs to (like police cars). And the reason why the empire uses it is because it is a slap in the face to the Jedi. Who knows.

Ushgarak
Well, the rumour is that it looks like a plan view of the Jedi Council Chamber.

I don't see why the Republic would have a different insignia to the Empire, anyway. Not necessarily, that is.

DJ Velocity
Did anyone notice the "imperial insignia" on the rear of Obi's ship? I didn't see all of the clip so it might have been mentioned towards the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.