Major Spoiler!!Spiderman2!!! concerning the lizard!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

username39120jo
okay, listen up. what i think is sam (director) is telling everybody that the lizzard won't be in s2, because he wants him to be a complete surprise! it makes sence, tell the world that there is no lizzard, and then wham! here he comes!

Don't believe what you here! sam is bluffing! there will be the lizzard in the new movie.

Zephonim
Your theory works on one level but not on another. By not telling anyone about the lizard you don't build excitment for it. People would see the movie to see the lizard and by not telling them you alienate a certain group. Movies are all about money and if people don't see it the first weekend it hurts the movie. It works on the same principle when trailers show one flash of boobs or a hot chick naked. They may not be in the movie much, but that one flash will bring people into the theaters just to make sure she doesn't get but naked.
It's possible the lizard might be in it but they are hiding it (and man do I jope that's true ) but I doubt it. eek!

Morph
SPIDER-MAN 2 WILL HAVE BOOBS?!?!?! Oooooh, man. I am SO there!

Zephonim
Lots of boobs. Didn't you see the first on? Happy Dance

username39120jo
yeah wet mary janesmile

The Swoll
this reminds me of a post that someone put on the SUperhero Hype boards....it was a guy with the usernaem of abcd

Ness
mary jane nude soda's on me boyz

Tired Hiker
If the Lizard were in Spider-Man Two, it should be Bruce Campbell. That would be a cool surprize. And I think it would be good marketing for Sam to lie and say there is no Lizard. This movie will sell out no matter what, and if the lizard is in it, everyone will soon quickly know from word of mouth. Word of mouth is a huge marketing tool.

Zephonim
Dylan Baker was cast to play Curt Conners (pic below), which would mean he would one day have to be the lizard, but there is nothing that says he is the lizard in this movie. Having him be a villan and turn to the lizard does follow the proper superhero movie format of having two bad guys in the second movie. As cool as it would be if he was the lizard, I don't see it happening. There would be some kind of news to get the fans even more psyched than they already are.

username39120jo
how can we be more phsyked than we are now!??!! i mean, we now doc ock is in it, that good enough for me, then when i go and see the movie i get the lizard too. its a double whammie! that would start a chain reaction, from mouth to mouth, that the lizzard is in the movie, which would get even MORE people to see the blockbuster. Also Curt conners IS in it so dosn't that give anybody a little clue? Mark my words in GRANITE, "THE LIZZARD WILL BE IN S2."-aug 19 4:59 PM CT 2003

Tired Hiker
Oh my god im so excited! rock

BOPRecruit 16
that's great news about the lizard, but too bad for the element of surprise. i like the lizard in mtv's spider-man series, hekka cool!

Zephonim
I am not arguing about how cool it would be, it just goes against how all movies work. You want to get as many people as possible in the theater on the first showing and hiding the lizard wouldn't help that. Curt Conners is in the movie, but that doesn't mean the lizard has to be too. Hank McCoy was in X-Men, but Beast wasn't. Eddie Brock was also mentioned, along with Conners in the first movie but no Venom or Lizard. All because Conners is in it doesn't mean Lizard will be too. But that would be wicked cool if he was.

username39120jo
never mind what past movies have done! sam is doing something that has never been done before. of course it goes against all other movies, thats what makes it diferent, and A SURPRISE!!! he's just messin wit yalls heads.

Zephonim
I understand where you are coming from wih that but it doesn't work that way. It would be new and different, but remember, the movie is a seual, and most sequals are made purely to make money. Sam is also on a tight leash. He almost didn't get resigned for the new movie so he isn't going to do anything to piss of the studio. Also, hiding the lizard isn't Sam's decision. The studio would decide to hold back that kind of thing. He doesn't have enough credability to be making those kind of calls and throwing his weight around like that.
Again, it would be badass if he was, but I don't think he will be.

username39120jo
good point, didn't think of that. but...i did hear that sony is giving them as much money as it takes to make this the best movie ever, sony said that, this movie cannot mess up and has to be beter than the fist. ot it would hurt the franchise.

Zephonim
SOny will give as much money as Sam thinks he needs, and can justify using. They want this movie to be bigger than the first in every way, and that includes opening weekend. Word of mouth would not work quick enough when getting people in the theatres in that first 48 hours. In the long run it would work fine, but they need to sell those seats as fast as possible. They will lay all their cards oin the table to make sure the public knows how big the movie will be.

Zephonim
Super Hero Hype.com quote "Lastly, the third movie will be set-up in this film. He said Doctor Connors has a very small role in the film"

username39120jo
thats what THEY WANT YOU TO THINK! Bluffing!

The Swoll
is this pic. actually form the movie?

masterofmatrix
ok A: i didnt get the pic od doc connors
and B: when was eddie brock mentioned is sp1

Zephonim
Robbie Robertson says "We can't get a picture of him. Eddie's been on it all week."

Freddy_vs_Jason
Thanks for making me waste time guest thats reading this roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stormy Day
I read the novel already and the lizard is not in it.Theres not even anywhere to put him in the movie but it does talk about his experiment in the begginning and thats all.It talks about how hes working with lizard regeneration and Otto Octavious asks him if its to grow something back and Connors says maybe

Robo-Chocobo
I doubt the lizard will be in there. If my memory serves, didnt peter mention that he was working or fired from doctor conor's lab at one point in the movie? he might show up later, but since the lizard never appealed to me much as a villian, or a char for that matter, I would much rather have a really cool movie with doc ock than try tossing in everything from here to kansas. I mean come on, I saw links saying the symbiote would be in spiderman 2, or 3 would be all about venom, etc.

Stormy Day
Yeah hes not in the movie wink

I dont get what you saying about Peter working for him tho confused

badsymbiote
Ooh... I forgot about Peter saying that he was late again and Conners fired him...Thanx for jogging my memory. I'm going to see Spidey2 next Saturday, and I forgot about that. Maybe I should go watch it again to prep for next week. In the meantime, kiddies, let's not all forget about the release of Venom vs. Carnage on the 30th as well. This long awaited limited series features a story by Peter Milligan and pencils by Clayton Crain. The art is beautiful, almost too good for comics, as much of it is today. I'll post a cover or two.

badsymbiote
In the interest of keeping this on-topic, I'll post the pics in the Venom vs. Carnage thread

Robo-Chocobo
seee, they mention eddie and connors...it doesnt mean their going to just decide to thrown FIVE VILLIANS IN A MOVIE I MEAN DONT BE DUMB, the MOVIE IS COMING OUT IN A FREAKIN WEEK. ITS ABOUT DOC OCK AND THATS IT. *whew*

i mean honestly i htink its a little late for spoilers if a movie is coming out in a week...

badsymbiote
I'm looking more forward to 3 than 2, if the truth be told. And I have been for about 6 months. But, with S2 coming out in 4 days, I AM starting to get stoked about that one.

carnage#1
i now u all have your favorite villans face the facts lizard will be in the next movie

kiekan
I dunno, hard to say that if you've seen the second movie. I won't say what happens, though.

the assassin
but i think i saw in a pic somewhere that doc connors was in it. is that true?

kiekan
Yeah, for maybe five min tops. I think he says three lines throughout the entire movie.

DementedSamurai
Raimi screws up again! First, the webshooters would have helped illustrate Pete's genius and resourcefulness, but instead, Raimi decides to make them organic. In Spiderman 2, he shows Doc Connors walking around in a coat with an empty sleeve, and then shows him in class with his coat off and TWO ARMS. Really, Raimi...I liked 2 better than 1, but that was just sloppy and lazy!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.