EW article...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Verity
Hey guys!!!! An article came out on Entertainment Weekly about ROTK. There's a nice pic of Legolas, in case anyone wants to buy it! For all of u who haven't read it, and r interested, here goes...wink

--FINALLY, THE FILM THAT ANSWERS THIS QUESTION: can Jackson, after two of the most critically hailed (19 combined Oscar nominations), moneymaking ($1.8 billion worldwide gross) films in history, crown his victory with the third and final--and most dramatic? He's got plenty of conflict to work with. As Frodo hobbles toward Mount Doom to destroy the One Ring, Sam scuffles with that killer arachnid (a tussle originally intended for "Two Towers" that was bootd to "King" to up the tension). Meanwhile, the forces of good fight for the future of Middle-earth in the massive Battle of the Pelennor Fields (remember "Tower's" blood-spraying melee? That was just a warm-up). Most important, Frodo struggles for his soul against the corrupting powers of the Ring. "It gets darker and darker--the descent is complete and final," says Wood. "I saw some of it recently, and it's scary to watch--Frodo and Sam look so completely gone; Frodo is barely Frodo anymore. It's harrowing ."
As with "Towers", the cast reconvened in New Zealand this past spring for three weeks of additional shooting. Wood, Astin, and Andy Serkis--who lends his voice and body movements to the CG character Gollum--continued toying with the love-hate triangle of their characters. "The changes weren't as strong as with "The Two Towers," says Wood. " there were a few scenes where we increased the bond with Frodo and Gollum, so when Gollum finally deceives Frodo, it has more impact."
Still, considering that principal photography on the trilogy was completed in 2000, the players were feeling a bit frayed. "The best work I've done in my entire lifeis in the third film, and I did it years ago," says Astin. "Then you go back and it's 'Put the feet on now,' and you're like, 'Oh my God. I don't know if I can do this!'" If Jackson's cast is feeling a bit weak in it's collective furry knees, one might think the writer-director-producer himself is downright wiped out. One would be wrong. " was always his favorite," says Wood. "It completes the story and it has some of his favorite sequences, so there's a certain swagger to him at the moment." WHAT'S AT STAKE That Oscar. If "King" doesn't stick the landing, Jackson's difficult and dazzling feat of film-making won't get the reward it's fans have been hoping for.--

The end....hope u liked it, and it was somewhat entertaining!!!!! smile

nemo
she's right , alot is at stake.
i hope the ROTK will win the oscar this time.

night_fire999
wot did the piccy look like?
my mate has one that cuts off just below his waist, and he hass nothing on!!!!

Verity
laughing out loud It's a very beautiful face pic! Sorry!! But his elvish eyes look very nice!!!! wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.