Talib Qweli, OAR, Roots, NERD tour

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GABRIEL05
I just saw it and it was dope. But I'm not going to do a write up about it. So instead here's what I thought in a nut shell. Hmmm lets see

Talib - If you like Qweli, then this show was for you, if you aren't really familiar with his work, and couldn't understand a word he was trying to spit into the mic, then it was kinda disapointing. Talib word of advice: You'de rock the house more if we could understand you, turn the DJ down and you won't have to put the mic halfway down your throat just to be heard.

OAR - If you like this band good, if you don't probably better. They were tight and they had a dope sax, but they just weren't bringing the energy.

Roots - Rocked the house as expected. Everything was good except for the Cody Chestnut cover, a blatant shameless effort to get the young suburbanites out of their seats. But excellent overall musicianship. They even had some shout outs to some obscure jazz artists. GO ROOTS!

NERD - STAAAAAAAAR TREEEEEEEEEEK! STAAAAAAAAAAR TREEEEEEEEEEK! They met my expectations perfectly, only where's Chad? Yo Chad get off your ass put the chicken adobo down pick up a guitar and get rockin' you silly bint!

bunnies = omens
Sounds like a cool Tour, I would have loved to have gone sad

metal face
sounds dope

the neptunes is basicly chad

but.....

QWELI!!!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i like Talib alot but isn't it Kweli? or Qweli? i might be wrong.

total metalhead
sounds good. i love NERD.

GABRIEL05
whoah who dug THIS up?

Castor
Talib Kweli is nice. He has some good, meaningful lyrics....this topic needs to be opened again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.