hugo weaving as elrond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Seraph
i think hugo does a great job. his acting is very powerfull and strong...
but i think he just doesnt look....elflike?!!
what do u guys think of it??

fini
welll he does have the seriousness of someone over 7000 years old. And for someone who has seen sooooooo much crap in the world, it would tend to harden you, even if u are an elf.
lol i loved the part when pippin and merry ran into the Council of Elrond, his look was precious !!!!!
laughing out loud
the only gripe i had bout the elves were their voices............in the book elves were described as having musical voices where there words flowed into each other..........ONLy three elves in the whole movie had that, HAldir, Celebron and galadriel to a bit.
Arwen had her moments too . Legolas voice was the worst, it was to abrupt and heavy. confused

turin
I think he played the part pretty well, and in the battle of the last alliance he looked the part, but in rivendale he didnt look right to me.

mah
Fini is onto something with the voices there, but I'm generally happy with alle the elves.

Verity
I think he pulled it off!!!!....As far as his looks go, the book does mention he has an aged quality to him, but yet looks somewhat young.....I think Hugo has that quality, and enough severity in his voice......About Legolas' voice being wrong?....I don't think so! He was a warrior, and spoke like one, yet had sweetness in him when it was the moment! Listen to Orlando's voice when he speaks of the "Lament for Gandalf".....U can't expect an elf to sound sweet and musical when kicking an Urukhai's arse!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

chica16
turin where is that pic from your sig from??

fini
wow Mah talks .................lol i liked the elves, but their complete characters did not fit with the book's description

And Elrond looked like he kicked seruois ass in the prologue battle against Sauron

fini
seruois??..........i think i need a coke.caffeine levels low

apple_daisy09
I think the pictures in turin's sig is from the extended version of TTT.

Seraph
this picture is from the normal FOTR version, when aragorn is in bree, smoking.

mah
Um, how about no.

turin
my old one was of aragorn in bree, but the one i got going now is on the ext two towers. it is going to be a faramir flashback of him and boromir retaking osgiliath just before boromir left for the council of elrond. i found it on theonering.net, great site!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.