Diet tips.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
my wife and i are on a diet...any tips on how to lose weight?

Celsius
Eat more meat and less carbohydrates. (Less breads and more meat. (This doesn mean that you should stop eating bread and pasta all together) Chop the fat off your meat. Do not eat fried foods. (Probably nothing that you havent heard before) stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
the problem is that i am too lazy to exercise.

keokiswahine
SHUT YOUR MOUTH. Don't eat for a few days, fast as in no eating. Drink lots of fluids to flush your body out. Now, really, you'll lose a ton of weight (me, too) if we would all go on a vegetarian diet, as in non-red meat, but please include eggs and dairy, and you can keep fish and chicken, too. not fatty chicken, nor fried as in deep fried. Saute in 1 tablespoon of olive or safflower oil is ok. Walk or stretching exercises to keep your muscles intact. Lost of weight also means loss of muscle tone, so that's why you must do something to keep your muscles intact.

ChinaNiki
drink herbal teas instead of soda

and if you want to sweeten it use turbinado sugar instaed of white sugar cuz it's stronger flavor so you need less

buffymitch
i drink lots of water all day long. sure i go urinate a lot but it helps. i also cut my food in half or sometimes less. this helped me lose 20 kilograms ( i don't know how much that is for americans) i wish you good luck.

BellaButterfly
Eat slowly and Chew more , the food will digest faster! Also don't eat after six that is the time when your metabolism works slower and most importantly don't think of this as a diet but a step to a healthier life ! you will enjoy it more!

Ushgarak
I see Celsius is an Atkins fan...

Tired Hiker
Eat your dietary fiber! It'll keep you regular.

Dexx
oh crap....it's not a big deal..you just have to have a strong will.
Just don't eat any crap (definitely no fast foods) lay off the pizza while you're at it too (i know it's hardstick out tongue)
mobilise yourself to exercise. Go to a gym or something.
Or buy a book...there are whole recepies in there stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
I want a diet where I can eat as much pizza as I want and still lose weight.

narcil
best way to lose weight is to exercise. dieting ultimately slows your metabolism down, ne?

incidentally, i read somewhere that walking was actually the best form of exercise. ^^

ragesRemorse
eat nothing but fruits and drink tons and tons of water for three days to flush your system of unaturals. Its hard but it gives your metabolism a spark. After that excercise atleast ounce a day, but if you cant force yourself to that walk atleast a couple miles a day and watch what you eat, stop eating junk and drink plenty of water and eat fruits and after bout a month the weight will just about melt away. You will feel ten times better than you did. When going trough school i was fat and thats what i did and i lost so much weight. I never liked excercising i was so damn lazy but after i started i loved it i got so much enrgy

Dexx
i have a better chance of winning the lottery, while you're at it

BabyT
I'm currently on the atkins diet!!! big grin It's a good diet!!!

BellaButterfly
ADVERTISMENT

CHECK OUT THE "WHO'S BORED" THREAD

Dexx
oh c'mon...don't post it EVERYWHERE...even ONE time was too much

Rogue Jedi
dexx, i checked out the thread. i dont see an ad. whats up?

Dexx
what ad? blink

mechmoggy
Dieting isn't the only answer I'm afraid, your body has a tendancy to slow down its metabalism to meet its new intake.

There is no miracle diet out there, its all down to a basic theory: -

The best sure fire way to lose weight is to increase your energy used above your energy intake. This can be achieved by a little light excercise AND healthy eating. wink

Ushgarak
The Atkin's diet DOES work, so long as you can live with it and are aware it is not a healthy lifestyle long term.

mechmoggy
It does work, I agree.

It can also make you grumpy and lethargic too. Plus, unlike healthy eating and exercise, it does not help you reduce cholesteral.

skule
eat lots of greeny vegetables, drink water, cut down your meats and potatoes in half of what you used to eat, and walk 15 mins on a threadmill. You will see results in a week. Ok a week for me it depends how overweight etc a person is.

ragesRemorse
yeah if you like a healthy heart and dont like excersise the atkins diet isnt for you

BOPRecruit 16
i've been drinking juice and smoothies all summer vacation, and i lost about 4-6 pounds.

ragesRemorse
i gain weight when i drink smoothies but there the store bought kind

~fuoco~
Eat 6 meals a day! 3, regular meals, and 3 snack, like an apple, nuts or eggs, it speeds up your metabloisim. Also, like someone said, don't eat after 6pm.

finti
diet tip: stay away from junk food

Celsius
Who is Atkins?

I'm simply saying this cuz it worked for me. I lost 7 kilos in two and a half weeks.

Baylin
The Atkins diet is the new fashionable diet. Basically you live on protein only i.e. all meats and no carbohydrates such as bread/pasta.
I believe a 16 year old girl has recently died from it in the States so I wouldn't try it.
The problem with things like the Atkins diet is that you can lose your essential fats such as the one that coats and protects the brain!
You have to be very strict about when you eat otherwise you may suffer violent mood swings due to chemical imbalances within your body and you also suffer from terrible bad breath!

The other problem with these get slim quick diets is that as soon as you lose the weight if you start eating normally again you will probably put the weight back on.
The best diet is a balanced one mixed with regular, not too strenuous exercise!!!

Celsius
The wise one has spoken! All bow down!!! *bows*

finti
I havent said anything yet

ragesRemorse
well vigerous scheduled excersise is just as fine as not to strenuous excersise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.