A quick Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Socrates
I was thinking about the matrix, of course, and it don on me, if neo isn't plugged into the matrix anymore, how does the oracle now what is going to happen to him? I mean like in part 2 when she offers him candy, he says "you already know what I am going to do", how does she know if she is apart of the matrix, how does she know his choice? If he's not even plugged in, I mean he IS jacked in, now that I think about it hehe, but still he's not apart of the matrix anymore.

The Omega

Sifer
Well if you want to think about it in depth then here is the explanation which all evidence thus far points to.

The Matrix is based upon "a harmony of mathematical precision" and equations. Therefore anything that you do in the Matrix has an effect, so from what it seems the equations and the chain reaction that follows is caused from choices in the brain before they even enter the Matrix.

Now if this is true (it is highly likely), then any equation which is started is predictable, right? This is so as any equation can be worked out and is ultimately predictable. Therefore the Oracle is seemingly programmed to automatically inherit the end result of any equation which has been started within the Matrix.

Now this explanation also explains as to why Neo now has the "Sight" as he knows the Matrix isn't real and as does his mind due to the Anomaly and his complete open-mindedness. Therefore any equation that he begins or anyone else for that matter, he should be able to predict etc.

That last paragraph basically says what Omega just said. Hope it helps a bit. I would type more but I am knackered.

Socrates
Yeah but unlike equations in math, that do have one answer, wouldn't you say in life, there are many choices that can be made from one action and it's many possible reactions? So how does she know which one he'll choose? e.g I start my day, I leave the house, how does she know I'll choose to go to work, or skip work, or just go beat up someone? The possiblities are almost endless, but if she said she already knows the choice made, how?

The Omega

Socrates
Ok then, so there is no such thing as choice then, even though he and morpheus believe it so.

Sifer
Choice is just an illusion smile Many people believe what The Merovingian say's is false. Is it? Hrmmm....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.