kessel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth fester
wouldnt it be nice to see kessel in episode 2 or 3 id love to know what the spice mines look like

maybe in episode 3 they could send jar jar there for being such a **** the could ask han to get rid of him quick because hes ****ing everyone off
and thats when he does the kessel run

what do you think

smile smile

dj velocity
That Darth Craig David is well funny man!!! laughing out loud

darth fester
ill let you know when we have the comic strip of darth david on the net bo selector evil face

Dim
Okay..now I'm lost..who's Darth Craig David?

darth fester
craig david is a crappy singer who cant stop saying his name

my sig is a picture of him with darth mauls head stuck on top

he is now darth david evil face

Dim
Oooooooooooooooh!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud I'm guessing it's a UK thing.

darth fester
yeah look up craig david on the net and youll see how stupid he looks

and he says bo selector smile smile

Darth Daft
Does anyone know exactly what the Kessel Run is?

Ushgarak
Whatever it is, being measured in P****cs makes it very odd...

Dim
I think it's a certain star route..I seem to remember seeing it on one of the maps of the galaxy.

Ushgarak
You cannot POSSIBLY use a system that censors P-A-R-S-E-C-S... it can't be that sensitive...

DrK
The Kessel run was a famous smugglers route in and out of the Kessel system. It involves skiting up next to the dangerous Maw black whole cluster in order to avoid imperial detection(As kessel and it's valuable spice were understandably under imperial control.) It was in doing the run that Han was picked up by imps and forced to drop his cargo of spice. The spice belonged to Jabba and thats why Han owes the Hutt at the beginning of ANH. I hope this info is beneficial, and I agree that seeing this planet, if only briefly would be really cool. Perhaps we can see why threepio is so terified of being sent there?

Darth Pants
It looks like a huge red space potato. It would be cool to see it, but was it actually used as a spice mine in new trilogy times? I was under the impression that the spice mining started with the Empire. If it wasn't, I doubt it would play an important plot role. On the subject of planets, has anyone played Force Commander? There's a planet called Sarapin, which is entirey volcanic. Anyone think that the Obi Wan vs Anakin battle will happen there?

Ushgarak
The Kessel Run explanation is interesting, thought still EU, of course... any indication why it would be measured in par secs?

I doubt the fight will happen there (that place rna bloody slow on my 'puter, too...). The whole lava/volcano thing still is a bit in the air, and GL will want to build somewhere new.

yerssot
I read on BTM that the negativ powers of the blackhole and the positiv (or was it negativ also?) would cause the ship would 'jump' away in an incredable speed, because a minor steering error came between the powers you were sucked in the blackhole, that would be 'bye-bye' for ever

King Jedi
That's true.

yerssot
How did you know about that?

queeq
Is that the Corellian parsec or the Malastarian parsec, Ush? big grin

Ushgarak
queeq, you fool, why would Han be talking in Malastarian parsecs?

But I think if you look at the gear/shift ratio of the Millenium Falcon then the whole venture seems impossible...

Gosh, I MUST go back to that site again; Bob Brown seems to be re-building it at last.

yerssot
I think there is no difference between a parsec from Malastare and a parsec from another planet.
It's just a parsec. Not like a km and a mile

Ushgarak
Well, I guess it would have been over-hopeful of us to think that anyone else would know what we were talking about eh, queeq?

yerssot
Ofcourse, do you think that we are smart??? big grin

ToMacco
Darth Fester

go go power rangers. I love it. Where'd you find that logo?

queeq
It all comes down to what exactly you're using when you cut the sub-light engines. Do you use different engines for lightspeed or are you just cranking down, like shifting gear.

And it's very important what kind of parsec we're talking about. Yes, Han's from Correllia, but many others are obviously aware of the concept "kessel round". So which parsec's more familiar in the Empire in the time of ANH: the Correlian of the Malastarian parsec?

Ushgarak
Thyat's right, queeq, cut out the whole Nubian market. Typical prejudiced view of the space lanes...

Tye MF clearly has auto-transmission...

queeq
Ah yes, auto transmission on the MF, that'll explain something, but not the different-or-same-engines debate....

Nubian went out of style when Palpy seized power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.