Freddy Krueger Prequel !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Nightmare on Elm Street: The First Murders is the name of the script that's been going around New Line. It's a prequel to Nightmare on Elm Street and show's the crimes that made the people want to burn Freddy Krueger, here's what Robert Englund said to the Chicago Sun:

"It takes a look at the crimes that caused the townspeople to burn Freddy alive in the first place. It intrigues me because I'm fascinated by the lives and motivations of serial killers," he tells the paper.

"Plus, I'd get to do the Freddy movie without the makeup," adds Englund.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i think it would be interesting but maybe its just a waste

VenomVA
Wouldn't be a waste, I'd go see in opening night!

Keith_Ollies
I think it'd be good, but how would Robert Englund play him when he was young??? how old was freddy when he died?

TedO
Make up could always make him look young enough I'm sure. He was older, as he did have a child who was... damn... maybe 3-5 (shown in Freddys Dead). This could have potential, but it would be totally different from all the other Nightmare movies whereas he wouldn't have his supernatural powers. I'd go see it, because I like those serial killer style movies where there is no supernatural pressance alot (though I like the supernatural better). So yes, I think it could be a big hit. Yet, alot of prequels will often ruin the later movies.

altronswinkee
i would go see it opening night too but it really wouldn't be a freddy movie with out the dreams and stuff. it would be more of a thriller then a horror flick.

BellaButterfly
ADVERTISMENT

CHECK OUT THE "WHO'S BORED" THREAD

DeNiro
ok i have a very good question i think ok in one of the freddy movies they show the demonds of the dream world asking freddy if he wants them to giv him there powers and at the time he is about say 20 years old not alot older so he says yes and at the time the town people r already burning him in the boiler room but he isnt burnt yet then he gets the powers then burns and dies well then how in freddy's dead does he have a lil girl and he like 30 or 40 without burns and shit cause i was wonderin about that kinda werid huh

TedO
He was alot older than 20 when he was burned. He wouldn't be working a job if he was only 20, he'd still be in school and the such.

ElmStreetFan01
He was ****ing 30.

ragesRemorse
freddy movies have always been over the top horror flicks, why do a u turn and try and be a serious movie. What works...Works. if this happend it wouldnt be a freddy movie i mean shit he wouldnt even be freddy yet. He;d just be another serial killer with a good idea

Evil Dead
#1. This would be a great flick.........they touched on this already in the "Freddy's Nightmares" tv series.......showed a few crimes, his trial the case being dismissed, and his subsequent burning ............this is not a new concept so it wouldn't be a competely different direction for the movie series...........

#2. We never learn how old Freddy is exactly.............we learn in one of the movies that Freddy was born in the forties......well actually that Amanda Krueger was a nun accidentally locked inside the asylum in the forties and when she was found she had been raped hundreds of times and was with child (I'm wanting to say '47 but I don't think that's right)......

No date is given for NOES 1 (even though it was made in 1984) so he could technically be any age...........

In Freddy's dead we see Fred with his wife and daughter.......he was already getting up there in years before he killed his wife and his daughter was taken from him.......and this was before he was even captured and stood trial.

I'd say a good guess would be early forties............I think with the dye job they did on Englunds hair in Freddy v/s Jason he could concievably play a man ten years younger than he is today...........you have wrinkles when you're 43, you have wrinkles when you're 53.......not a big difference...........

whoever said twenties..........you are just insane.......if you look at Robert Englund in "Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare" and see a man who looks to be in his twenties, you are out of your mind....................

ElmStreetFan01
I found out who the cast is. My cousin is Heather Langenkamp.

ragesRemorse
i dont think it would work out unless you changed the whole appeal of freddy, i guess if done right it could be good

Darth Vicious
Well i think the beggining of Freddy-vs-Jason did a good job settying up a Freddy prequel, me personally would like to see what drived him to kill all those kids, how he killed them and most importantly how he got his powers!

pablo007
ElmStreetFan01 you're bluffing, don't know about the Heather Lagenkamp part, but this movie is just an idea. It hasn't even been confirmed yet, there hasn't even been any castings. And I don't think Nancy will even appear here.

Evil Dead
"Well i think the beggining of Freddy-vs-Jason did a good job settying up a Freddy prequel, me personally would like to see what drived him to kill all those kids, how he killed them and most importantly how he got his powers!"

Did you watch Freddy's Dead the Final Nightmare? It covers all of that........

- Why he killed all those kids...................he was mentally instable all his life.........killed small animals as a child......was beaten by foster parents.......an all around nut case.........

- How he killed them................he used gloves much like the one he always wears now.........he had many different versions......some with razors, some with claws, some with jagged corkscrew type claws...........you can see them hanging in his "secret room" inside his basement when Katherine finds it and walks in..........

- How he got his powers...........as he was being burned alive, the dream demons came to him and asked him if he wanted to be eternal.......the demons then entered his body and poof.........he had the power to enter and alter dreams..........

All that is covered in part 6..........

pablo007
Well yeah but Freddy's Dead sucked, it was without a doubt one of the worst Nightmare on Elm Street movies ever. And those moments you described were very brief. And I haven't seen Freddy Vs. Jason because Mexico will probably never show it so I will buy the DVD in the states with out seeing it. It would be interting to see Freddy's life you know ? Well atleast that's what I think.

Evil Dead
You need to see Freddy V/S Jason...........in the scheme of Nightmare movies I'd rank it as follows:

A Nightmare on Elm St.
A Nightmare on Elm St. 3
Freddy V/S Jason
A Nightmare on Elm St. 2
New Nightmare
Freddy's Dead
A Nightmare on Elm St. 4
A Nightmare on Elm St. 5

Wendigo
I think it would totally suck I mean really think about it.............

Adam_PoE
I consider Freddy's Dead and Wes Craven's New Nightmare to be self contained stories and not part of the continuity of the A Nightmare On Elm Street series.

Wes Craven's New Nightmare negates all the previous films by indicating that they are, in fact, just films.

Freddy's Dead takes place "30 years from the present day" and changes the entire continuity of the series. Why would Lt. Thompson move into Freddy Krueger's house? If there was enough evidence to remove his daughter from his custody and put her in foster care, why was there not enough evidence to convict him of the murder of his wife? Not to mention that it was explained satisfactorily in the previous films how he got his powers, "He was a child murderer before he died, and after, he became something worse." Come on, ancient Greek dream demons? Stupid. The whole movie is shit.

Wendigo
I agree with u on New nightmare,but freddy's Dead is part of the noes series

niknak62
i think Freddy vs. Jason was cool and very funny they should redoo the Freddy Krueger and Jason movies again that would make it so cool Happy Dance alien

Wendigo
Originally posted by niknak62
i think Freddy vs. Jason was cool and very funny they should redoo the Freddy Krueger and Jason movies again that would make it so cool Happy Dance alien

confused No it wouldn't and you dont know anything about horror roll eyes (sarcastic) How would Robert Englund do 8 movies all over again!Some people are ridiculous!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.