Timeline (Micheal Crichton)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crash_Overload
Yo!
I am a big Crichton fan (I have almost all of his books!) and my favorit book, is Timeline. Now with the Movie coming out soon (go see www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/timeline.html for the trailer) I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get Pics or Video's from the set (or the movie) Espeacially from the lab. (They filmed the Lab scenes in the Hangers in St - Hubert (Near Montreal) that is where I attend the meetings of the Royal Air Cadets) I am really exited about the movie coming out, so please if you have any Info about it, POST IT HERE!

I heard everyone dies

fini
yeah they do , well in the book anyway

Crash_Overload
Did you even READ the book? Not all of them die. One even stays voluntarily. (Merek)

Everyone also turns gay

Holcomb
I think this movie looks pretty good from what I've seen.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
I only have one book by Michael Crichton "Five Patients" good book but my all time favourite author is Alexandre Dumas...his books are best Three Musketeers, The Count of Monte Cristo all great books

media_slayer
From looking at the trailer I can already see this is going to be another Jurassic Park and Lost World tragedies. They take Michael Crichtens great pieces of work and they tear it apart.

Tell me...since when did they have only 6 hours to get out. In the book they had 36 hours to escape. Also i didn't ever remember the professer being a father to any of the students.

I guess i could be wrong. Still there is probably alot more wrong with it then they got right

media_slayer
Um... can anyone tell me how i can get a picture below my name

Holcomb
I've seen the trailer for Timeline and IMO looks good. The special effects look great.

Ive been checking out a lot trailers lately. Some that stand out to me are Underworld, Matchstick Men and the Order. I can't wait for Labor Day to pass so that some good movies finally come out.

all of those look like horrible movies, go die

jp

Kes
Be nice 113. Not everyone likes the same things.

yerssot
the book was ok-ish, didn't agree with some parts of it (hey, I'm a little bugger!)

sargoth7
book-to-film adaptions have never been hollywood's strong point
(steven king comes to mind)

Holcomb
Hey jp, no thanks. are there any movies that you are looking forward to or are you just going to sit in your parents basement and play with yourself? stay terrible.

Holcomb
youre right about that in terms of Stephen King. but some of Crichton's books have turned into good movies, Jurassic Park was a good movie and the Lost World was entertaining too. I have some hope for this one.

Kes
I hated lost world.
2 great book adaptation in my opinion are Wuthering heights by emily bronte (sp) and the hours (cant remember who wrote it).

my name isn't "jp" that stands for "just playing."
ANd yes there are tons of movies i'm lookign forward to, some mroe than others. I'm looking forward to Revolutions, Spiderman2, The Punisher, Seriously Dude, Where's my car?, Master and Commander, Return of the King. That's all i can think of off the top of my head

edwinian
in the book..which i love, the kids definately finds a message from his father while doing an archeaoligical dig- the message is very old and dated- which allows them to know that his father is stuck back in a certain date- its why they go back!

yerssot
Michael Cunningham

Kes
Ah thanks yerss big grin

yerssot
I'm here to help wink

JediOasis
Yeah Timeline is one of my favorite all time books and I was pumped when I heard they were making a movie out of it. Too bad it has Paul Walker in it, but other than that it looks great.

Baylin
Ive read most of Critchens books and to be honest I think all of the film adaptations of them have left a lot to be desired. Dont get me wrong Jurassic Park was a good film I just dont think it was comparable to the book!

happy kine
timeline was a good book and just like all chritons books they have future technology which is kinda neat. andromada strain was great... i thought prey would be his next movie book... and jurassic park and lost world were GREAT books... the movies didn't go too deep into ian malcom's character or chaos theory which was too bad. but for a good fluff read chriton is a good read... especially for the technology aspects.

Holcomb
I think I am going to try to read Timeline before the movie comes out. The movie looks good and from what people are saying here, it sounds like the book will be good as well.

Isabelle
I am so going to see Timeline. It looks really good and Paul is FINE! Who ever thinks this movie will suck because of Paul needs help. I seen the trailer and it looks good, I can't wait till it comes out in Nov.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.