Mandalorian connections

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
As you could tell from the old board, I like posting about the Mandalorian Warriors though most of my info was based on EU. I heard that Jango Fett's (as well as Ambu Fett) name will be taken out of Episode 2 script. I'm still hoping Jodo Kast will be in Episode 2.

Ushgarak
Jodo Kast?! You'll be lucky. IS Jango Fett going for a burton? Heck, I never even heard the rumour saying he was in, I just sort of picked it up from you guys.

Dim
Why would Jango Fett's name be taken out?..how's that supposed to make things better?

Darth Ninja
Most of my info on the Mandalorian Warriors is EU. What have you found out that is official on the Mandalorian Warriors, Jango Fett, Ambu Fett, and Boba Fett in Episode 2?

DarhJin
I just read somewhere that Lucas has deleted the name Mandalorian from EP II. They will now be called SHOCKTROOPERS. Why, who knows. As for the Fetts, they will be in but Jango will no longer be known as wearing mandalorian armor, it's shocktrooper armor now. What taking mandalorian out of the script is doing for the story is yet to be explained.

If you go to the official site, starwars.com and read Boba Fetts bio, there is no mention of Mandalorians anywhere. Shocktrooper has been transplanted into it's place. confused

Ushgarak
This may be GL trying to distance himself from the EU.

Darth Pants
Shocktrooper sounds a lot meaner, like sort of fast acting infiltrator sort of people.If Mandalore isn't brought up in the two remaining films, people would just ask questions.On the subject of shocktroopers/super commandos etc, what did the Republic have in the way of a police force at Episode 1 sort of time? Jedi seem to few to have been stationed on every planet in the Republic.

Ushgarak
It IS a Republic of SOVEREIGN systems, remember, so each planet is responsbile for its own security. Republican forces would be like a form of FBI, but they couldn't be everywhere.

Darth Pants
Hadn't thought of that. Wonder where shocktroopers came from? Will it matter, or are we just going to be told that Jango left them to pursue a more profitable career as a bounty hunter, whilst keeping the equipment he was trained to use? I think he'll be a great character, just hope he's not going to be as dialogue shy as Darth Maul, and we'll find out more about his morals and history. Until now, SW bounty hunters have just been anonymous figures in wierd suits (except for Greedo, who we found out a little about).

Ushgarak
The whole shocktroopers thing is a total mystery to me. Mind you, I'm very sceptical about many of these rumours.

Darth Ninja
What's the story on GL getting rid of the Mandalorian Warriors? Is he now not including them in Episode 2? What's up with Jango Fett's name? Is that going to be changed also. I just wanted to point out that in BOTH the movie storylines AND in EU: It was never established wether Boba Fett was a Mandalorian Warrior, only that he wears a Mandalorian battlesuit.

Ushgarak
Heck, NOTHING was established about him in the original films... but it IS looking incresingly likely that 'Mandalorian' is remaining a non-film term.

INCIDENTALLY- and people should be aware of this...

When Boba Fett first appeared in the Holiday SPecial and ESB, Bantha Tracks, the official Star Wars fan club magazine, did an article about him, saying he was wearing the uniform of a shocktrooper, the predecessors to the stormtroopers, defeated by the Jedi during the Clone Wars.

Not canon, but VERY interesting and aparently VERY close to what we are getting now. No mention of 'Mandalorian' was ever made, nor would be for a while after.

Darth Ninja
Anything new news about Boba Fett, Jango Fett, and the "shocktroopers"?

queeq
There was of course the title of the first book (EU) in the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy: The Mandalorian Armour, approved by LFL of course.

But EU... not canon.

Dim
I don't know..it's looking extremely doubtful that threre's going to be any Mandalorian reference..at least in EP2.

DJ Velocity
I'm not sure about all of this. It has been widely accepted by all that Fett wears Mandalorian armour. To change it now...I really don't know. GL must have something planned.

The name shocktrooper is interesting. A shocktroop tends to be a lightly armoured, highly trained soldier with state-of-the-art weaponry at their disposal. They also have a short life expectancy too. A modern day example of this would be the USA's Delta Force.

Ushgarak
Delta Force is special ops, not Shocktroops... Shcoktroops are sizeable fighting units.

Anyhow, remember that the Mandalorian thing has ONLY ever been accepted in EU, which doesn't count... as my reference to 'Bantha Tracks' shows, it was never GL's intention to bring that name in.

queeq
Fine with me. But why did he approve it for the EU, is beyond me then. But hey, it's his show.

Ushgarak
GL only gives casual approval to EU works; many are beginning to think he should have taken far more of an interest that might have stopped this sort of thing.

ratcat
Remember what Steve Sandsweet said about Fett in the Jedi Council question on this subject.

Also, the EU background of Fett IS on the Official site under his BIO. Like most characters, there are three sections; The main Movie Background, The EU Background and the behind the scenes background.

Mandalore is in there, as is Journeyman Protector.

Ushgarak
And so many people seem to think this is some great crime... you have to understand how these things work... never mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.