J K Rowling Interviews

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

krassin
heres a link to the newest one to my knolege
http://www.msn.co.uk/liveevents/harrypotter/transcript/

unibrow
the only new revelation was the thestrals thingi and the answer was pretty lame (no offense to jk rowling)

krassin
mhm

Joy2dWorld

Joy2dWorld
* has joined #mugglenet

(accio_proph) dumbledore for MoM
there's an interesting idea.. Dumbledore for Minister of Magic

Rumour has it that Voldemort is initially planning European domination

Does anyone know the story of the Prince and the Pauper?

Who were the first Princes of Rome?

it is but the essence that fails...

why did Dumbledore have a look of triumph when Harry told him Voldemort used his blood to overcome the barrier he had of touching Harry? Do I smell a conspiracy??????

(parvatipatil) Do you think anyone from Gryffindor will join the Dark Side?
they already have
how about Ron turning evil?

JKR reckons that harry will get upto some more kissing in the next book, who's it going to be?
methinks Ginny
Ginny resembles Lily
Harry resembles James...

there's several things that need resolving regarding harry and voldemort
1) what is their REAL link?
2) What the heck does the scar ACTUALLY signify?
3) Do both have to die or have we read the Prophecy wrong?
4) Now that Voldemort can touch Harry, what is JKR going to use that to show us?
and finally..
5) what is so special about Harry's eyes?

do you guys find that most of JKR's names for new things she introduces make inexplicable sense? like you've known it all along?
(emily) what do you mean ?
like pensieve for example
it's a word that doesnt exist
but it make so much sense

(Kallee) : did you notice that she uses the reference of the peniseve to explain the 'time' room in the DoM
realy?
(Kallee) hmmm
(Kallee) give me a few seconds and I'll have the quotes for you
ok thanks Kallee
hmmmn
(Kallee) : "Then he remembered: It was a little like the lights he had seen in his dream last night, the lights in the second room he had walked through on his journey through the Department of Mysteries. He turned around. The light was coming form the Pensieve sitting on Snape's desk."
(padfoot17) me too
wow
thanx
(Kallee) np
(Verdome) room full of memories
(Verdome) from the modification of memories perchance?
hmmmn
memories
but what sort of memories?
(Kallee) well, Verdome, it was the Time room, so the pensieve would have more to do with time

is there a room where people talk about stuff related to HP and not gibber endlessly like a pack of monkeys?

Lupin is Halfblood

if any point DD dies, it'll probably be in the 7th book

she said on her site she and Madam Trelawney had chosen the wording for the Prophecy very carefully
which more than likely means there's a meaning to it which we haven't worked out
and it makes it obvious to us that either has to die

but what do you think will happen regarding snape?
is she trying to make us think that he's a good guy when he's actually evil?

(SpongeBob) ur a moron

the one thing that has bugged me so much
since OOTP
is why would she kill sirius off, after spending the whole of Azkaban writing about him??

ok, JK said in a recent chat that it's not the SHAPE of Harry's scar that is important, but something else is important.... What could it be????????
is that the only thing that makes his scar important?
she said this AFTER OOTP came out btw
which makes me think there might be something else about the scar

one more thing, what is DD talking about when he tells VOldemort "There are many things worse than death Tom"
(Korpiklaani) soul sucked out by dementor maybe?
yeah that ought to be one
or is what harry is going to experience worse than death?
(Korpiklaani) and i think also forced intercourse with grawp is worse than death

(Veneficus) I want to know where you read that she said "He's dead and he won't come back"
he probably will communicate with harry
i'll try and find it veneficus
but
I distinctly remember it in the news
a year before OOTP came out
while she was writing it

is it possible JK's tricked everyone into thinking harry and/or voldemort HAS to die?
after all she did say that she and Madame Trelawney had worded the Prophecy very carefully

you know how Ron's random Predictions sometimes end up coming true...
well, in GoF he says "someone harry considers a friend will betray him"

did bellatrix actually kill sirius though???

i'm willing to bet that JK visited this place at least once or twice after she announced the title of book 6

JK would never admit she was JK on here
and she's probably show a surprising amount of knowledge on whatever the random topic is being discussed
even if it IS spongebob squarepants

Joy2dWorld
* has joined #mugglenet
** At least ten lines of random chat **
Good Day people
** At least twelve more lines of random chat **
gets ignored completely again...

LUPIN IS THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE saga, back when noone realized could be/is JKR

Percy jumps into the lake and pulls Ron out, looking very pale, when Harry brings him back
seems like he really cares
but in OOTP, he couldnt give a damn
Imperius Curse anyone?

yeah, I wonder what name JK would come online under next...

WHY KILL SIRIUS AFTER WRITING a whole book about him??????
(i.e. PoA)
she said Sirius wont come back from the dead
that once the character is gone, he's gone
but to base a whole book on Sirius
to make out he's actually really important
and may be heavily involved in the outcome of the series
and then to go and kill him off
there has to be a pretty good reason..
?

JKR has said in an interview clearly, that once her character was killed off, there was no way he/she was coming back
this was in the run up to OOTP's release

WHY DOES DUMBLEDORE TRUST SNAPE??

(Phlox) petter pettigrew is going to die saving harry
pettigrew's new silver hand is AWFUL STRONG

draco's going to be murderous because his father's been put into azkaban

and why did Lily "needn't have died"????
Voldemort says "she needn't have died"
why does he say that?
(LadyBlack) yeah why does he say that??!?!?!
(LadyBlack) he had some meeeercy.....
(LadyBlack) oooodddd
yeah
or is there another mysterious reason LB?

Ron and Hermione = Head Boy and Head Girl in book 7?

I reckon Harry might go the Ginny way
purely based on that one glint fron Ron at the end of OOTP
but he probably wont last too long with it

(sirius) ron and HErmione will GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND MORE
Q: Is it just me, or was something going on between Ron and Hermione during the last half of Goblet of Fire?
A: "Yes, something's "going on," but Ron doesn't realize it yet. Typical boy." From a BarnesandNoble.com chat with JK Rowling

READ THIS
Couric: "Any snogging with Hermione?"
"Harry and Hermione are very platonic friends. But I won't answer for anyone else. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink." From a National Press Club Luncheon chat with JK Rowling, October 1999)

(SiriusBlackJr) bellitrix is the queen in the 1 book chess game the one that got ron as knight so it is foreshadowing to rons death by bellitrix the queen of the deatheaters
yeah siriusblackjr
that could be it
but ron got injured in book 1 by the queen
then did harry go on to win the chess game?
Harry took the victory for their side in the overall scheme of things

harry's strength it bravery
and sacrifice
(Mag) I I have a feeling that the love thing is to lead us off of what the real power Harry holds to finnally kill Voldy
he'd sacrifice a fair bit to save his friends
( hopefully you're right Mag
( I'm really counting on JKR to give us an ending that noone expects
and that is actually better than just harry dying, or voldemort dying
or everyone dying
or both dying

if you read that chat, JKR gives full answers to all the questions she gets
apart from the ONE question where they ask her what Lupin is
all she replies to that is "Half Blood"
and goes straight onto the next question

JKR said clearly in her most recent chat Lupin IS HALF BLOOD
she didnt say anymore on that at all
that was before she released the title
someone asked her on world book day chat

http://www.theleakycauldron.org/JKRWorldBookDay2004.html
did you get this site?
the full chat is on that site
and it has some interesting stuff
it happened in MArch of this year
so it's definitely worth reading through
BOYS AND GIRLS
here we hav eit
Siriusstar: Is Remus a pureblood?
JKR > Half Blood.

check this
http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrwbd.shtml
Josh from Cottenham Village College: Right at the beginning, when Voldermort tried to kill Harry, how did Voldermort and Harry both survive?
JK Rowling replies > That is the crucial and central question and if I answered it there would be hardly any point writing books six and seven... so I won't!

she says the shape of the scar is not the most important thing about it, but something else is.... WHAT IS IT?

Do you all know why JKR was in here?
I reckon she wanted to see if anyone had been clever enough to figure out her overall plot
she was asking about Book 7 theories when she came in
but people ignored it

were you guys here when I posted that bit of JKR's chat that intrigued me?
a few hours ago
hope noone will mind if I paste it on here one more time..
astes it again]
she reads forums now and then
(parvatipatil) yea she does
and probably comes on here when people aren't swearing
(parvatipatil) well ....she probably just put in an unguessable twist
hmm
I reckon there's probably enough in the 1st 5 books to make a very good educated guess as to the overall outcome

this was a year ago
and now we have OOTP

(parvatipatil) i mean, i've seen so many people's theories, and some of them are really good, quite genius if i must say
indeed

if i was writing, and had some free time, I'd want to know what the general public thought if they had managed to figure out my storyline or if I still had them bamboozled
so JKR's probably had a good sift through popular forums
on theories
(Narcissa_M) hehe
apparently when she came on this chat, she was interested in talking about HP theories?

but i'm glad that noone's apparently worked it out yet

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore now THAT is a HUGE anagram waiting to be solved..... any takers???

(Visitor) are there any rumors about when book 6 will be released?
visitor, methinks next summer

JKR quotes: JKR (Lupin is) half blood.... JKR I absolutely love Professor Lupin
(LadyBlack_TDM) er
(parvatipatil) really?
(parvatipatil) thats interesting
yeah
indeed it is...
- - - oo0oo - - -
That's it! Happy analyzing... or should I say "over-analyzing" (again!) big grin

ArrghPirateGirl
LOL Um...Lets c blink

dragonflame
Remember in Harrys Second year when Dobby came to the Dursleys. He asked him if it was Voldy plotting, and Dobby shakes his head. It turned out to be Tom Riddle he's a half blood mabye its him

ArrghPirateGirl
No.She said It wasn't on her site

dragonflame
oh

dragonflame
who else is half blood?

angelsflame265
this chat confuses me. . .
and dragon, we've been trying to figure out that ourselves on the 6th book thread

dragonflame
oh sorry about that

~Air Angel~
that chat confuses me too

ArrghPirateGirl
Same here blink

Ass Goblin
I gathered that Harry and Ginny shippers will be happy for a while after that.

I also gathered
Lupin is the HBP
Percy is under Imperious
Dumbledor's name has a hidden meaning.
Book 6 next summer
Sirius will contact Harry
Ron + Hermonie
^ also Head boy and girl
Someone will betray Harry
Harry and Ginny won't last long.

ArrghPirateGirl
Really? blink

Ass Goblin
Yep, I just read it slow and it was all clear.

ArrghPirateGirl
I have no brains so that will b impossible for me

angelsflame265
Originally posted by Ass Goblin
I gathered that Harry and Ginny shippers will be happy for a while after that.

Percy is under Imperious

she said that he isn't on her website. . .

The Alpha
What about the authenticity of this chat log? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Joy2dWorld
Ahh! I'm so glad someone was patient enuf to read it, my effort was not all in vain afterall big grin

Joy2dWorld
That's right... I suppose Ass Goblin only assumed that bcoz JKR asked "Imperius Curse anyone?" just right after mentioning about Percy's attitude in GoF.

I personally think that she just wants to show us how one character (like Percy) can be so good & kind in book 4, BUT turn evil immediately in the next book (book 5) -- that fast! Probably thru the "imperius curse" indeed, but not necessarily referring to Percy.

angelsflame265
even in book 4 you could see how much of a butt kisser percy, I wasn't really surprised at what he did. Just a bit ticked off

Joy2dWorld
I think this transcript is authentic bcoz the source also posted a transcript of the PMs between the mugglenet forums administrator & JKR-- the mugglenet admin PMd the supposed JKR to keep her online and check that she is not an imposter-- I wanted to post it here to but I cant find it right now... I will later on, when I find it.

But from her answers in the PM transcript, it really sounds like JKR. the web admin even tried to trick/scare JKR by asking her how good she is at computers, instructing JKR how to see her own IP address, and telling JKR that she is a "hacker". The admin also told JKR that her computer is not safe & she has to change her settings to strengthen her firewall, even told her how to (contact your ISP and tell him to check this, do this, that). The web admin then told JKR that her location indeed looks "real" bcoz not too many people "in that part of the UK" enters the mugglenet chatroom.

Joy2dWorld
Sorry for this double-post, but from that transcript, I began forming my own theory... however, I havent considered her clues about "The Prince and The Pauper" when I formed the theory coz i couldnt remember that story.

But after reviewing the "Prince & Pauper" story, my theory was shattered again. I'm not too familiar with the whole story coz I didnt have time to read it thoroughly, but if any of you are, could you help me with it? Please post your thoughts about it in this thread.

JKR keeps hinting at it.. and the first princes of Rome-- the only reference I could get on that is Romulus & Remus, the twins.

If JKR is saying that Remus Lupin is the HBP, where is his twin (Romulus)? And isnt Romulus supposed to kill Remus? Is Remus' twin working for Voldemort then?

What if the HBP is Remus' twin? He didnt need to take polyjuice potion bcoz he looks exactly like him, being his twin brother (again a reference to The Prince and The Pauper).

How about Remus Lupin alive but only under the Imperius Curse?

If this is so, then Ron's random prediction would be true -- "someone whom Harry thought was his friend would betray him" -- Harry thinks Remus is his friend right?

What are your thoughts about this?

~Air Angel~
That is pretty good hunting there J2D

angelsflame265
I think she answered this on her website. .. but i thought that for a while 2 J2D

ada
Im not actually a Harry and Ginny shipper but JK has said there is romance for harry in The Half Blood Prince, so if Harr and Cho dont get back together then what was said about harry and Ginny not lasting long makes sense xx

PotterGurl
Rowling tells fans:

* Aberforth Dumbledore is the barman in the Hog's Head
* Dumbledore's patronus is a phoenix
* Grawp will be more controllable in the sixth book
* We will see a bit more of Rita Skeeter mad
* There will be a new character called McLagan
* Harry does NOT have a godmother

Rowling also states that fans should be concentrating on answering two questions:

1. Why didn't Voldemort die when he tried to kill Harry?
2. Why didn't Dumbledore try to kill Voldemort in that scene at the end of book five?

she also said;
Harry would "survive to book seven" but refused to confirm whether he would grow up to be a wizard mad

AlSO--- confused
Harry and Voldemort might have some connection due to the fact of Harry's lightening bolt shaped scar on his forehead. So maybe Voldemort can only die when Harry does? :sad:

I FRIGGEN HOPE NOT! but you notice how Harry's scar always hurts when Voldemort comes to power or is somewhere close by?
so maybe they really do have some connection.

"I'm going to be very unpopular for saying this but I think Harry is going to die because with all that's been happening in Harry's life....he's bound to die soon" (said by Daniel Radcliffe himself.)

but I just hope that the 7th book has a HAPPY ENDING
if Harry dies....I'll be a changed person and I will probably go kill myself or something

PotterGurl
also of course Aberforth Dumbledore is Dumbledore's brother.
lol just letting you guys know. rolling on floor laughing

shanie623
Read that couple days ago at CBBC newsround. Kinda figured that Aberforth was the barman at Hogshead before. Sticking to what I think: Aberforth will be the DADA teacher in the 6th book, and also may be the half-blood prince... But yeah, that's just me.. ehheeh

DanZeke25
This is my theory of the two questions Rowling said to focus on.

I think the Voldemort didnt die when the spell rebounded because if he did it would have been him that killled himself, not harry, and the prophecy says either must die in the hands of the other. So Voldemort can't die unless Harry kills him, and Harry can't die unless Voldemort kills him. And that is also the answer to the second question. Dumbledore couldn't kill Voldemort because of the Prophecy. Harr has to kill Voldemort or Voldemort has to kill Harry.

But thats just my theory.

And i dont think that they both have to die, although it is very possible.

Orlando´s Angel
2. Why didn't Dumbledore try to kill Voldemort in that scene at the end of book five?

Just because he known what the prophecy tells us.........he knows that Harry have to kill Voldemort............even if Dumbledore try to kill Voldemort...........whit all the power he has......he cant because of the prophecy......he maigt hurt him a lot but not to get to kill Voldemort.... smile

DanZeke25
thats wut i said... except in diferent words

Merry Lover
Same here... Especially if Remus dies! I sweare I will never read Harry Potter again if Remus dies!! :sad:

BTW, I kinda knew all along that the bloke in the Hogs Head was Dumbledores brother. smile It was too obvious for JK's standards, I think she wanted the fans to figure it out. big grin

~*~Tassie~*~
There was a thread exactly like this one, yesterday, and I even posted in it.. confused

And Phoe merged it with our official Bk 6 Thread, so please stop making dup threads.. erm

Darth Sauron
But the barman told umbridge did he not?

angelsflame265
Was it? I can't remember

Merry Lover
No it was the bloke in bandages who was sitting at the counter who went to tell Umbridge. wink

row476
^^ yes, the exploding toilet guy i believe

Merry Lover
yes exactly

ladygrim
KEWL

ArrghPirateGirl
I guessed the part about Abraforth (sp) but the rest I didn't no blink

PotterGurl
sad sorry i didn't know there was already a thread like this.... confused

ladygrim
i new none of it till now

el-pirate
didn't peter get a silver hand from voldy.... then i guess he will be the one whoo kills remus, cause silver is the only thing that can kill a werewolf right... (so sad!!)

(and it's so stupid, i didn''t even notice the clues about the aberforth untill i read it of this forum!)

BingaBonga
So you're saying that whichever one dies first, the other is immortal?

daddy'sgurl
yeah, i agree with DanZeke25. it all makes sence that way.maybe J.K. is just trying to confuse the readers, so we will be shocked when we read it and it is what we thought would happen in the first place.
If any of that makes sence.

Aqua
wut she said cool

PotterGurl
Interview with J.K Rowling
--------------------------------
what does it meannnn??

JEREMY PAXMAN: So you know what is going to become of all the major characters over the span of the series?

JK ROWLING: Yeah..yeah.

JEREMY PAXMAN: Why stop when they grow up? Might be interesting to know what becomes of Harry as an adult.

JK ROWLING: How do you know he'll still be alive?
JEREMY PAXMAN: Oh. At the end of book 7

What did she mean by that??? is she planning on killing off Harry at the end of book 7??? GOD NO!!!!! I HOPE NOT !!! NOOO NOO NOOO no no no no no

Elondra
I hope Harry dies.

RoguePw25
Please use one of these links:

the j.k. rowling interview i it here
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10332&highlight=JK+Interview

JKR Chat Transcript (#mugglenet) here!
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=304643&highlight=JK+Interview

Rowling tells the fanS.....
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t305924.html

PotterGurl
YOU....HOPE....HARRY...DIES??
WTF

DONT.....SAY.....THAT....DAMNIT!!!!....... mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

pretty angel
he could die tho it could happen or maybe she just saying that as an excuse because she doesnt want to write about him as an adult!!

DanZeke25
She's saying that beacause you dont no if he is gonna be still alive. It would kinda give it away if she said she was going to write about him as an adult.

A4E
thumb up thumb up thumb up

angelsflame265
she said that because she can't give a good answer about the fate of harry. . .

impatientinky
i agree with angelsflame. she said it like that because she's not gonna give away such a huge part about the ending. she doesn't want us to know what's gonna happen and needs to keep us guessing. and to be honest, i think we would all rather find out if he survives or not by reading the book instead of jk just announcing in an interview that harry's gonna live a long and happy life smile

~*~Tassie~*~
I know you're new but please SEARCH before starting a thread. smile

Threads for Future Books

What I think is gonna happen in the next book
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t291656.html

What do you think is gonna happen in the next book?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t294554.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10332

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t292641.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t17510.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t298792.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t17510.html

Phoenix
merged

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.