Episode 2 Trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DJ Velocity
Does anyone know the release date for the trailer? It can't be long now. confused

razman
Should be sometime in the summer. Its rumored to be attached with the POTA movie.

Ushgarak
The Ep. I trailers were bloody great, of course (sadly meaning the film was all the more disappointing to some... not me, though...)

Do we think the one(s) for this one will be as good?

Gundark
I think this trailer will be excellent. There's so much going on in the next episode.

Ushgarak
So long as it blows out the scriptment...

JediOasis
Yeah, it would be cool if the trailor totally proved the "script" wrong and all the "spies" were scrampling to come up with something new. laughing out loud

Dim
And then TrailerB should be out in November..I think.

Darth Pants
Mind you, if the early release of screenplays,novels,picture books,soundtrack blunder is made again, we will know the story a good while before the release of the film. Did that have anything to do with the different worldwide release dates? Maybe that won't be an issue this time.
I'd like to know the angle on the Ep2 trailers, I'm betting the teaser will be more action packed, and trailer B will be more associated with the love story. Or, a good blend of both would be better still.

Ushgarak
God yes, that was a terrible cock-up.

For the benefit of our American friends, the books etc. were releaed here at the same time as for you, yet the actual movie was two months delayed...

DJ Velocity
I'm starting to come around to Ush's POV. I hope the story is different from the scriptment because instead of watching the film going "WOW" it will be "Oh, this should happen now". At first I thought the story sounded brilliant, and it still does, but what is the point in seeing it if you have a mental picture of the movie. Has anyone read an excellent book, then watched a really poor movie adaptation? Clive Barker is excellent at doing this.

krautrocker
i think it would be cool if we walked into the cinema seeing expecting to see one thing we think is going to happen and then being blown away by a better completely diff story. That would work better for us. Saying as I'm in the UK though I find it hard to believe i'll be able to avoid the story once it opens in the states.

krautrocker
p.s what is the 'POTA' movie ?

DJ Velocity
Planet of the Apes

krautrocker
thing is though is that we'll still be able yo get them over here when they come out in the states. Shops will just import the books from the states so we'll have thesame problem just not on the same scale.

Ushgarak
Not if there's a general simulataneous worldwide release.

Dim
I still doubt that would happen..

Ushgarak
We will MAKE it happen...

razman
Didn't TFN say it was going to occur?

Thats why the campaign has ended.

Darth Pants
I could cope with having the ability to order from the States, that way the blame lies with the person who makes the order for spoiling it for themselves.
As for the worldwide release, it doesn't really bother me. Just hope no one who's had the privelage of seeing it posts a "MUST READ" message, which, when opened, outlines the key elements of the plot.

Ushgarak
The two month wait last time was horrifying.

Darth Pants
What do you mean? It was great! Knowing that the movie was out there, and it would only be a matter of time until you saw it. Mind you, I was finishing off exams at the time, and so I appreciated the gap between their end and the release of the film. I had time to plan a proper trip out to see it, too. 1st day of opening, about 11:00 at the Trafford Centre. Marvellous 'til I drank all that Sprite.

razman
I saw it there aswell!

Although I prefer the Filmworks now.

Ushgarak
What? It was NOT great. Two motnhs of people on TV and the net having seen the film and giving every detail away. I had to shut myself off from, nearly EVERYTHING!

Darth Pants
I see your point. I wasn't really that net conscious at the time, so anything I heard was in the form of magazines. It wasn't as bad knowing from the start that the wait would be that long, if GL said something like "umm, sorry. we've lost a lot of FX work. The film will be delayed 2 months", I'd have gone nuts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.