Judgement Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
Tomorrow is Judgement Day, the day when my (and everyone elses) GCSE Exam results are released. The day that will set up the rest of my (and everyone elses) lives. The day where I either end up partying or crying in a corner.

Damn I've scared myself out of getting my results.

mechmoggy
Good luck!

And don't forget, if they are bad its not the end of the world. Mine were below average but I went back to college and now I'm in the last year of a degree. wink

Baylin
Its tough I know! It's like 12 years ago when I did mine and I can remember being quite pleased with them, showed them to my dad and he was furious said I should have done much better. Kind of blew my confidence right out the window, but I've done well with them so far so it showed him!

bigbadbike2
Is this the exam that you take that determines what kind of college you get into?

GABRIEL05
I'm not british, could someone explain to me what in the name of tarnations is the GSCE?

SpikeSpiegel
Its not the exam its the results for the exam.

SpikeSpiegel
I passed 9 passes. Even RE, never passed an RE exam in my life and I get a B. Yay, time to party, time to party dododododododo dododododo

wicker_man
Well done. Happy Dance

Ushgarak
For you foreigners...

GCSE is a (currently controversial due to grade inflation) exam taken at 16 introduced some 15 years ago. It is NOT what is used to enter what the Americans call college and we only call university (unelss referring to specific parts of Oxbridge. That is a term combining Oxford and Cambridge, btw). What we tend to call college is an institution for getting your A-Levels (which ARE used to enter university) between the ages of 16 and 18. Some schools offer their own Colleges built in, some (like my old one) simply have two years at the school after the GCSE year, or you can go to a seperate college to study something specific for A-Level (like Lara has). Your GCSEs CAN be used as an entry requirement for such colleges.

GCSEs are also the basic qualification that employers of entry level jobs tend to look for.

Anyway, well done, Spike!

bigbadbike2
Thanks Ush now I understand why he is nervous.

mechmoggy
Yeah, well done.

I heard some clown on the radio say his results could be re-arranged to spell the word "FUDGE" laughing out loud

SpikeSpiegel
Thanks everyone, i'm really proud of myself. Of course now I hate the German language (stupid D)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.