X-Men 2 book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snlovergirl
i have a paperback book thats an adaptation of x2. i was wondering if anyone has read it? i have started reading it and its really interesting, it gives a little more info and insight, even for some of the minor characters in the movie like colossus.

badkittykitty
do you mean the screen play? I read that it was very good a little different from the book

snlovergirl
well the book is written by chris claremont

xx35
I read the book and i actually think it is better then the movie. smile

Kes
I cant find the damn book anywhere! mad

snlovergirl
heres what it looks like. i got mine at either barnes and noble or borders but, that was right before the movie came out. theres some scenes in the book where its like i wish they had put that in movie.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0345461967/qid=1061578795/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-4992012-7234303?v=glance&s=books

Paola
can't you scan it and share it with us???? big grin

snlovergirl
lol, thats a lot of scanning. i just finished it and i really recommend it. when xavier is targetting the mutants w/ cerebo there is more detail about the different mutants around the world (i.e. beast, gambit, psylocke) i dont want to give too much away but the ending was even different.

Paola
wooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww!!
I want it!!!
But I guess it will be had for me to find it here in Mexico sad
Can't you tell me what they say about psylocke????
pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase big grin

snlovergirl
ok, there was a part about Betsy Braddock when xavier started to target the mutants and the story jumps around to different parts of the world (i.e. the presidents office) and then it mentions the pope giving a speech in rome. it kind of gives a description of the sight betsy is seeing and how just a few minutes ago she was experiencing the same thing with the attack on the mutants. she uses her telepathic abilities and senses that its occuring in other places as well. thats basically how it wentsmile

Paola
thank you thank you thank you!!

snlovergirl
ur welcome ur welcome ur welcome!

Paola
laughing out loud

Kes
I went looking in stores that have international magazines and books but it was sold out. They had order more and the women said maybe next week they would have it. A week means 2/3month!

Paola
I only looked for it in internet and its a downloadable version.....

Kes
Nah I want the really thing in my hands big grin

CyclopS-Club
It sounds cool.I think can get it from amazon.co.uk
Cause I usually buy a lot of things from there.
But does it really worth it?
Or I should get "The Art of X2" book?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/184023749X/qid=1061892814/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/026-2850313-3035620http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/184023749X/qid=1061892814/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/026-2850313-3035620

snlovergirl
i want both! well i already have one. but the art book looks cool!

xx35
I think the book is Worth it but then again am sort of a bookworm. if you liked the movie though you will like the book.Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

BOPRecruit 16
got the book, but only read until first chapter and skimmed some. i'll read it after book 5 of harry potter.

LanceWindu
I read the book a while ago, before I watched X2.

It has a different ending than the movie.

In the book Jean Grey is with the X-Men at the end in the White House and she's blind.

Paola
WOW!!!

X-WOMen
That's a little strange......

snlovergirl
at the end, it also goes back to yuriko and says that she is still alive as th place is being run down with all the water.

Paola
who's still alive?? Jean???

Kes
No Deathstrike

snlovergirl
another interesting thing i remember from the book is wolverine being suspicious of nightcrawler when they were camping with magneto and mystique. he said something like, "how often do u find two mutants that are blue?"

Paola
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!! eek!

That sounds like after all, they brought the Mystique/Nightcrawler issue!! big grin
Happy to hear that.... any insinuation about Mystique/Rogue???

snlovergirl: you always make my day better with this great info!!! smile big grin

snlovergirl
i dont recall anything with mystique and rogue in the book. there may have been a little more to the scene with mystique and nightcrawler at the campsite, the one where nightcrawler is asking her about her abilities. cant remember any details but it seems like wolverine was integrated somewhere in that scene as well. another interesting thing in hte book was the presidents security guard. there was one that they mentioned throughout the book starting with the attack at the beginning and she was in the room when the x-men payed the president a visit. the book mentioned her as one of the people that was suffering when xavier was attacking the mutants. her name was Alicia Vargas but i dont know if thats a random name or if shes some kind of character in the comic books or something. if anyon know please tell me?\

paola: glad to make your day better!smile

Kes
Well in the movie Mystique is, while talking to Nighty, watching the entire exchange between Wolvie and Jean.

CaptainInsano
I liked the part with Sabretooth even though I don't like sabretooth that much, it was a nice change of pace for the two that normally HATE each other. But I also love it when they hate each other. santa

Paola
Alicia Vargas???

snlovergirl
yep

D-Chan
I read an episode of X-treme X-Men where there was a man called Vargas, maybe a hint, who knows ?

D-Chan

Paola
Yeah Vargas killed Psylocke.....

snlovergirl
who is vargas though?

Paola
He appeared in X-Treme X-Men

snlovergirl
cool little comic book pic, it was a nice little something to read

Paola
he killed Psylocke sad

xx35
ok alicia vagres is part of the FBI or what ever i think you my have her mixed up with some evil dude.see seemed more intent on saving the president.

snlovergirl
i was just wondering if shes a mutant then what r her powers or abilities, the book didnt really mention anything like that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.