Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediOasis
Now that this character has been confirmed, will the Jedi believe that Dooku is the Sith Master that Yoda and Mace were referring to in TPM? It makes sense, he's old enough and supposidly talented enough to train an apprentice like Darth Maul. Then when he is killed in EP III the Jedi could think the threat is over, then Palpatin could spring the surprise...

darth fester
nah it has to be palpetine
remember there is only 2
but you never know

Dim
Yeah, that's right..I don't think Dooku was in the Sith order when Maul was around.. I'd think Palapatine would stick with the Rule of 2.

DJ Velocity
Could this be the reason why the Jedis fail? The fact that they adhere so much to their codes, they believe the Sith do too. Lets remember the Sith are everything the Jedi aren't. That master/apprentice rule was supposedly created to stop conflicts between the Sith. What if Palpatine ignores this rule and rewrites the Sith code to suit himself. It wouldn't be too much of a surprise for Palpy to pull a trick like that would it?

JediOasis
Yeah, I didn't mean that Dooku was the Master, only that the Jedi would think he was. We are not sure yet when Dooku left the order, so anything is possible. My guess is that after Anakin kills Dooku in EP III, the Jedi will think the Sith are extinct and that perhaps Anakin would have fulfilled his destiny already. Then the big surprise will come when Palpatine reveals himself and Anakin turns to the dark side.

Ushgarak
That's not a bad idea...

Palpatine will not break the two-person rule until his plans are safe. The chance of discovery would be too great.

Darth Pants
I know he's utterly evil and responsible for nearly all of the conflicts seen in the films, but what a dude Palpatine is. To become a formidable Sith Lord and an excellent politician and battle strategist can't be easy. Mind you, with his insight into the thoughts of others, I suppose he'd be at an advantage others wouldn't have. If Dooku left after or around the Death of Qui Gon, he would probably not be suspected of any Sith activity. Anyone remember GL saying he was the "first to turn"? Just remembered that today. That could have some serious implications for future episodes.

Ushgarak
Palpatine DOES look good... which only makes his ROTJ idiocy look more and more bad.

Dim
I don't remember GL saying that Dooku would be the first to turn.. When did she say that?

Darth Pants
It was ages ago, in an interview as I remember, when we had the first ideas that Dooku would be in it. I remember thinking that I wouldn't like to see the Jedi's death come from within, it'd be a very dishonourable death for such a prestigious order.

Ushgarak
We already know that's the way it happens, via DV. Dooku's input is still fuzzy.

Betrayal is simply the ONLY way that I can see for the Order to be defeated.

Dim
I don't think that's necessarily true..I think the order's arrogance could have alot to do with it... but of course that doesn't rule out betrayal.

Ushgarak
If the Order is arrogant, it's only because uit probably COULD take on the Galaxy if need be... SOMETHING radical has to happen for them to be defeated.

Darth Pants
If, as the rumours suggest, the Jedi can be drawn into a massive battle, it would only take a capital ship crashing into the battlefield to wipe them out. I see it being a single natural disaster kind of event rather than them losing a war with clones or whatever.

Ushgarak
Yes, we've often speculated on the big wipe out. However,

1. It would be incredibly stupid for the Jedi to bring themsleves together like that

2. It would be a peculiar failure of their future/danger sense to fall for it.

A personal betrayal seems more practical, especially as the Sith can hide their presence

JediOasis
Maybe when Anakin turns the Jedi do not know it at first. Perhaps he takes off but never declares himself a Sith. Then when he comes back the Jedi think he is one of them and he somehow sabotages them from within. confused

Ushgarak
Yup, entirely credible. When Obi-Wan speaks of betrayal in Ep IV, he is talking in a personal sense, of course. But I DO think that was an extended metaphor; Anakin bretayed far more than himself.

Mind you, betrayal could be defined simply by switching sides rather than sabotage.

No matter how it's cut, taking out the Jedi is an amazing feat.

Dim
Okay..forgive me if I'm alittle behind on this, but do the Jedi know that Dooku has left the order..or is he playing it to look like he's still a Jedi?

Ushgarak
Rumour has it that they know he has left.

JediOasis
Yeah, supposidly he is part of the "Lost 20," the only Jedi ever to leave the order. Plus, once he starts to take over planets you'd think they would get the idea. They probably don't know that he is a Sith, just that he is not a Jedi.

Darth Pants
The early plot ideas have him only revealing himself as a Sith just prior to his fight with Anakin and Obi Wan, but he was known to have left the Jedi many years before. Hope he doesn't wear that blue costume his bust is seen to be wearing whilst he fights. Not exactly Sith, was it? He'll look dead silly with that on and a flaming light scimiter.

Ushgarak
Don't get started on his sabre...

queeq
Why not? I heard the shape referred to the handle only.

Anyway, it seems Dooku being a Sith will be revealed at the end of EpII and every unknowing viewer will be sooo surprised that he is evil. I guess he will be a very charming separatist with valid arguments against the Jedi Council. But when at the end he turns out to be a Sith called Tyranus, this is a big shock to everyone... I read something to this extent in the Insider interview with either McCallum or Lucas.

JediOasis
I hope thats not the big "surprise" that we are all expecting. Not exactly, "I am your father" is it?

Ushgarak
Of course Dooku's blade is straight, unless the select pic is VERY misleading. It's just people don't seem to like that handle AT ALL

Darth Pants
I like the idea of him being a charismatic kind of leader, and I had heard that he has a meeting with a few senators on Geonasis, in an attempt to get them to join his cause. The select pic of that senator at the round table suggests this too. From the rumours gathered already, it seems like there will be a lot of 'masked' evil in this film, which, with the exception of Palpatine, was missing from Ep1. It was like "Oh my God! There's a guy in BLACK with a red face and horns! He must be evil!". The idea of a fully human Sith with only a slightly spooky feel to him would be excellent.
Also, Obi Wan and Jango aren't at eachother's throats from the start, according to recent rumours. They are introduced by the prime minister of Kamino at Jango's appartment, but they would probably already recognise eachother from the (rumoured) Zam Wessel incident. Polite of them to wait until they were outside to kick off, though.

Dim
Good point about Dooku's affect on people. It will be nice to see a manipulative sith.

Ushgarak
How could Christopher Lee be anything else...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.