Mistakes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Anyone have any mistakes from the HP books?

(and can I just point out now, we are NOT getting at JK, we are NOT nitpicking, I just think its interesting to see what people noticed!)

Phoenix
I have a continuiy mistake...

In Book 5, when Hermione makes the fake Galleons for each member of the DA, someone asks her why she wasnt in Ravenclaw "with brains like yours". She replies that the sorting hat "seriously considered" putting her in Ravenclaw, before choosing Gryffindor. HOWEVER, in Book 1, when the Sorting Ceremony is putting them all in their houses, the book does not mention a wait, the hat shouts gryffindor straight after she puts it on

its_magic
in my 5th book i have a chapter missing chapter 2 isnt there

mg16
WOW! i wonder y... o well maybe u do hav all the chap.s and yr's was just a typo, but ill take yr word if ch. 3 makes no sense, lol

krassin
why dont u return it and get a new 1?

airangel429
Hermy might've juist made that up about Ravenclaw...b/c she's stuck on herself b/c of being a know-it-all as her character is portrayed so i dont think it was a mistake.

its_magic
i dont matter now i tried to take it back but i lost the receit so they would not change it but thats ok i borrowed a mates one and read it so its all good cool

krassin
well at least ur not missing anything then

its_magic
damn straight evil face

krassin
heh

Phoenix
another thing i wondered is that, when hagrid is explaining to harry abt the houses he says something about "theres not a witch or a wizard who went bad that wasnt in slytherin" yet everyone thought that Sirius was bad. If they all thought he was bad, then, as hagrid said, he must have been a slytherin, yet it is commonly assumed that he, along with the rest of the marauders, are in gryffindor

america_boxers
pheonix-hey i said that like 2 weeks ago on anouther thread lol

did ne one notice in book 5 u can apparate in the minesty of magic...y didnt voldermort just apparate right to the prohpecy and dis apperaate? cuz he could have...proof of this is-dumbledore tells fudge the death eaters down in the department od mysterios has a no aparateing jinx on the so they could have apparated or dis aparated there

N.Tonks
in the second book doesn't Dobby disapparate after he visits harry in the hospital wing? I thought you couldn't apparate or disapparate inside hogwarts...

Phoenix
you cant disapparate with WIZARD magic, but Fawkes dissappears several times during book 5, so it sorta stands to reason that other magical creatures ought to be able to do it too. also, elf magic has been named as and "ancient and powerful magic" (in book 2 or 4,, i cant remember), and maybe dobby's magic is older than the charm placed on hogwarts

unibrow
i think its stupid that dobby can disaparate/apparate in hogwars cuz couldnt volde just learn elf magic and do it himself?

america_boxers
elf magic is not the reason he can vanish and all that in hogwarts (and wizard magic is more powerful then elf or the wizards would serve the elfs) dobby can aperate and dis aparate cuz house elf work at hogwarts they need to be alble to do that for all the work they have to do in that huge castle

krassin
yeah,they can just run around with their lil feet carrying stuff twice their wight big grin

Phoenix
maybe cos you have to be an ELF to do elf magic? It can't be learnt - it is ingrained in them at birth!

krassin
yeah,elf dont learn magic,is in their blood

watadrive
here's a mistake. in book 3 Fred and George get there owl's back before the end of term but in book 5 it sez they get them in the summer break wink wink wink wink wink

frootlooplucy
owls??? oh do you mean the exams? or the birds?
what i dont get is that sometimes apparating is described as making a loud crack, at other times as making just a soft popping noise. i know thats not exactly a mistake, but it confuses me, lol.

N.Tonks
that confuses me too

watadrive
I meant the exams. sorry about that stick out tongue stick out tongue rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

krassin
maybe distance=loudness of the crack

Phoenix
bumping

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.