Yo Ho Ho SONG!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.

We extort and pilfer, we filch and sack.
Maraud and embezzle and even highjack.

We kindle and char and in flame and ignite.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright.

We're rascals and scoundrels, we're villians and knaves.
We're devils and black sheep, we're really bad eggs.

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads,
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,

Phoenix
teehee...

Ushgarak
Don;t they rape?

KidRock
LoL ush!

Tired Hiker
That's what I thought too. I guess Disney seemed to have forgotten about that part. Could you imagine what a different movie that would have been. Oh, man. confused

diegocala
They sure do, and pillage, burn and all that other neat stuff...

Phoenix
I got it off a disney website - I doubt disney want to disturb childrens minds any more than they already have...

LindsIsTightK
hmmm ok

ragesRemorse
i think every one in history is known for rapping except for the indians

LindsIsTightK
Rage I think they meant raping wink

ragesRemorse
oh REALLY! oh man thats horrible

LindsIsTightK
yeah i think so too

ragesRemorse
now why couldnt they just rap there problems out like civilized gangsta's

Dagons Blade
Being an American Indian of Eastern Woodland descent, I'll clarify that for you:

Many of the Eastern Woodland Algonquin tribes of the NE seaboard of America and Canada did not rape, because it wasn't permitted by the elders. However, the influence of an elder could be overridden at the expense of punishment to the offending warrior. When the elders spoke it was law, and they knew the consequences if it was defied.

Torture, not rape, was the forte' of the Eastern Woodland people: and if the captive cried or showed his or her pain, the treatment became worse, but if the prisoner showed no fear or pain, the treatment became less and less until it eventually stopped. Those who survived were either released or absorbed into the capturing tribe and given equal amounts of the work, a sign that they were accepted.

But this did not mean that prisoners such as French or British soldiers weren't ordered killed sometimes, esp. during the French and Indian war. After all it was a war.

Women and children however were treated differently.

Despite historical rantings by such early American sensationalists like James Fenimore Cooper and his BS Last Of The Mohicans and Drums Along the Mohawk,

The fact is that white or Indian women, when captured, would not want to go back to their societies inmost cases. European women were nothing but slaves in their societies, while in the Indian culture, everything was different:Women were given the highest status in Indian culture because they were givers of life, and equal with the men.
In all of the Eastern Woodland tribes, women owned the land, did the work, and even picked the chiefs and political leaders, and when a man married a woman, he moved in with HER family, not the other way around. Everything was matrlineal. And unlike European society at the time, women also had the right to say "NO."

This was true democracy and equality in one of it's earliest forms.

ragesRemorse
yeah that proves my pointsmile lol indians ROCK. thanks for the speil it was well enjoyed on this end

Dagons Blade
You're welcome! Glad I could help. These are the stories I was handed down as a young boy from my relatives. Now while I can't speak for the Plains tribes, I can speak for my own Algonquin brethren.

This isn't to say that rape or murder didn't happen, but in the Lenni Lenape tribes of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, if a woman was murdered or injured, the restitution to her family was double or triple that than if a man or a child was killed.

Also, traditional dancers were bound by honor to accept a woman's invitation in the festive dance-if a male refused a female a dance, he paid with money, or had to give up one of the sacred items associated with himself or his clothing. A woman could be refusd, but at a price. Unlike many other cultures, women were held in high regard. And STILL are.

wanishi for listening. smile

Ushgarak
Except that he thought we meant rap...

ragesRemorse
yeah i actually meant that i thought the pirates were kickin flows to one another while there cabin boy was rocking mad beats.

@ngel
yo hooo hoohooo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.