Is Kwon Boa really playing Cho Chang?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly Clover
I'm just curious really. I'm a big fan of her music and her acting, and was slightly surprised to hear on this forum that she would be playing Cho. Is this true or just a rumour?

starlitegrl
i think its true...because i went to this french website and they had a list of the actors who r gonna play in the 4rth movie and her name was there.

Firefly Clover
Ooh, cool. But *urgh* Boa kissing Daniel (if he's still in it)... totally WRONG!

krassin
i disagree,cuz boa is pretty d@mn hot

miss*dreamer
@starlitgrl

can i get the addy from the french website pls?wink

krassin
u speak french?

silver_tears
i was actually at this site with the list for goblet of fire and it doesnt list them confused

krassin
cuz i think they are just planning for that movie,seeing hp3 hasnt come out yet

ElmStreetFan01
It's A RUMOR. Emilie Daudin plays Cho Chang

Fallin Angel
hey firefly clover , is that a pic of ayumi , i love her music , also utadas hehe and i hope kwon plays as cho

krassin
what duz Emilie Daudin look like?

its_magic
does it matter at the moment who plays her cause ur not going to see her or cedric diggory thats a fact and i think it sucks

krassin
ya u will in GoF

its_magic
yeah in that movie but not in azkaban thats because they have bigger parts in the goblet of fire

krassin
yeah,cuz they arent as major charechters in azkaban

its_magic
yeah harry only c's them on the quid pitch and around school

krassin
maybi

BOPRecruit 16
can kwon speak english?

krassin
lol

mg16
i think she can...

uber123
she can speak some like one of her songs...or maybe they can use voice-overs

krassin
haha,like those old samurai movies,where the dude moves his lips but different words come out

Firefly Clover
Course she speaks english! And that is her real voice - she speaks korean (her native language), chinese, japanese and english *wishes she was multi-lingual too*

Danistar
Can you post a picture of her?

dan'sgrl*
bunny

krassin
just type her name in google images,dont be gay

Fallin Angel
heres one

krassin
shes hot

Fallin Angel
here's another

Fallin Angel
and another big grin

krassin
i gota dl some of her muzic

Fallin Angel
yea me too

Fallin Angel
i just downloaded one of her songs in english and she speaks english pretty well

krassin
yeah me 2, its english,listen 2 my heart

Fallin Angel
i have a different one in english , NO. 1

Fallin Angel
but anyway , she does look like she would make a good cho chang

krassin
yeah she duz

crazy_c
jah

rishi
so what is in it

Fallin Angel
what u mean

rishi
anyone have any hot pics

Fallin Angel
ohh lol

krassin
whatcha talking about, rishi

Fallin Angel
he's talking about that he wants some hot pics of her

krassin
wiered...

Fallin Angel
yea

krassin
any-doodly-way...

Fallin Angel
here's a hot pic

Fallin Angel
and another

krassin
she looks kinda flat,no b00bs

Fallin Angel
lol, well she is still young , i think she is only 15 or something like that

krassin
yeah,plus shes asian,they never go very big...

Fallin Angel
lol

Fallin Angel
but she looks cute though

krassin
yeah

sakura_lite
I luv BOA!!!!!!!!!! she sings sooooooo good!!!!! n i hope that she plays cho... really hpin so... i love Daniel

b-ball_chick
heyy guyz did u not dat kwon boa did so many surgeries 2 her face, cuz b4 she waznt pretty o as pretty, a friedn of mine told me cuz she noe all bout her n even ave all her songs, do u guyz support surgery?

sakura_lite
really? i dunt think she did... but i dunt support surgerys....

crazy_c
i support it if u realy need it

Fallin Angel
well , i don't really care if people do that , i'm more into natural look but if they want to do that then thats fine with me

Belle
no offence, but that is a little racist. you dont say things like that. it's rude. and maybe she just isn't developed yet. sometimes girls don't develope fast.

Fallin Angel
thats true

sakura_lite
u... so rit Belle!!!!!!!! SO RIT ^^ I still dunt think she did it.... its her nature look! mad me mad if u say that she didnt ve surgery!

Firefly Clover
that's such a cute pic sakura

sakura_lite
thanx! i got more... rit now im usin school computer so i cant post a pic until i get home ^^

sakura_lite
^&^

rishi
oh

sakura_lite
^^ well im back home so happy!!!!!

sakura_lite
more pic of her!!!!!!

sakura_lite
another one

sakura_lite
can u guys post more pic of her??? i need big pics n i cant seen to find any... i tryed google so small!!!!!

Fallin Angel
i could get u some big pics

Fort-Mccubble
lol krassin i suppose ur right some girls in my school have some huge knockers and others have little ones ^_^ personally im not a fan of big boobs i like a medium size haha. err... ahem, she would make a could cho chang but i dont see that girl getting all overly dramatic like the 5th book -.-

nini
I think Kwan Boa really suits bcuz Cho Chang is half chinese and american so i think she really suits bcuz she has it!

sakura_lite
thanx!!! ya... but isnt chang a chinese last name?

rishi
yes but in the book they never mention from where she esxactly is

Fallin Angel
boa

Fallin Angel
another one

boA
kwon boa cant speak english but for her songs she learns bits of english. maybe she could do the same thing for the movie? smile

EMILIE DAUDIN IS NOT PLAYING CHO CHANG. IF THERE IS A 4TH MOVIE THEN SHE MIGHT PLAY FLEUR DELACOUR.

some sites say that the director cut out the part of cho chang in the 3rd movie cos they couldnt find any1 wich really suX. mad

yerssot
if she's in it, HP got suddenly more fun wink

sakura_lite
well... i kinda wish they chose a chinese person to play it but BoA is fine!!!!

sakura_lite
OMG!!! i saw a pic of her wen she was young (and without makeup), she putter her hair in a bun n she looks ugly.....

CheryL_33
Eh...sorry to tell u all this but warners bros did not pick Kwon Boa anymore...I heard of the CBC news...they say that there won't be any love action til the goblet of fire

mimi
is that now really sure that boa is playin cho chang or is there still a chance that anotherone can play cho?

crazy_c
I heard she got loads of platic surgery before she became a popstar

CHEEZZYSELLA
loveHappy DanceI LUV BoA i think she is HOTTHappy Dancelove

CHEEZZYSELLA
how do you add pics? i gotta loada them

CheryL_33
it's not true anymore I heard that she's not going to play cho chang because her english is not good and shes a bit too tall, harry is a head taller then cho chang

CheryL_33
theres a chance that anyone can play cho chang

CheryL_33
just mail to the casting office I forgot the address

CheryL_33
omg omg omg omg omg omg sorry just can't belive it! I heard that there's this girl name Amanda Tran she's 11 is going to get the cho chang part, I heard she really pretty I can't find her pic anywhere though...

crazy_c
11 is tooo young shes supposed 2 be a year older than harry!

WooMasta
first of all...boa didn't get that many plastic surgery, a well known one is her getting her face a bit longer.
and her english is not that good, i heard her singing in english.
and ...how short is this daniel guy? Boa is only 160cm!

tigereyes456
i don't care as long as she is good!

Erka
OMG! She's too young. Only 11? Gosh! 100% BoA is better than that girl!

IBTonks
just caus she's 11, don't mean that she dosen't look older than she is.

crazy_c
i suppose people said i looked about 15 when i was 11

starlitegrl
i agree...some people look older than their age.
Happy Dance Happy Dance

Smart Hermione
look they are only just planning whos playing who...i do know that Dan rupert emma and tom are coming back..tey said they were releasing the characters list in January 2004..so just relax bout whos playing bloody cho chang

WooMasta
i don't want Boa to play Cho Chang. It just seems wrong that she has to kiss Daniel..of course that's my opinion

mimi
can u please give me the adress of the casting cheryl 33?

mimi
I can't find any pix of this amanda tran!

haylin01
to tell u the truth...... i don't lyk Kwon Boa.....
her surname sure stinks!!!!!!
i will never ever be shocked if she will be the one who will play the Basilisk!!!!!!!!

but i guess im not lucky b'coz there's no such role lyk that........

and to Cuaron.......
if ur looking for a real Cho Chang identity there's a lot here in the Philippines particularly Mindanao, Cotabato...
The school is Cotabato City State Polytechnic College-Laboratory High School......III-Faith near the back door.....

u won't want 2 miss the true Cho Chang.......

Hurry b4 our school gets abolished.........
and besides the movie is on june 4....

besides this Cho Chang im telling u about is not only beautiful, but is a leader by nature..... a gifted child.... and is INTELLIGENT AND WISE.... she is also a martial artist u know? well she rocks!!!!!!!!

the best cho chang u cud ask 4......

im just giving u a chance of a lifetime........... mad

starprincess366
hmm that gave me an idea, michele kwan(the ice sk8er) playing cho chang? hmmm, interesting

Kitana-192
Weel in the book remember they don't show it....well tell it untill harry is in the common room talking to Hermione and Ron about it remember?

^BoA^Lover
I don't want her to play in HP movie. Because i don't like to see her with European boys. evil face

^BoA^Lover
i don't want to see her with european boy as her boyfriend evil face but if i become cedric i hope she play as Cho stick out tongue

chic_sxydiva
i can't believe this. they can't find any asian in london who can speak fluent english w/ accent? i mean duh... surely they're not looking enough! i personally know loads of asian people who's born and raise (100% asian) in UK who can pull off the ******* language. they don't have to get someone from overseas to play the part who can't even speak straight english. as jkr says only brits kids can be in the HP. stick to it!!!

WooMasta
I agree...

xx_kudie_xx
haylin01,

that's insulting. show some respect, will you? i don't care if you hate BoA, but making comments about her name? what, you don't think there's any korean people around here to read your comments? not to mention people with the same surname as her, and i have friends and family members who do.
i'm sure you're proud of your country and you have pride, but we have pride too. but you don't see us going around making fun of other people's names, now do you?
you wouldn't be laughing if someone posted a rude comment about YOU.
it doesn't seem like a big deal, but i want to make my point clear. and hey, you're the one who started posting up unnecessary comments, right?

WooMasta
are u talking to me? i never said anythign about her name

xx_kudie_xx
nope not you, Woo Masta. my message was towards "haylin01"

[Ms_dEaTh]
Yeah I was just thinking that the way haylin01 talked about herself (obviously) was just pure conceited. Sure, you may think you're the best Cho-to-be out there but please,you're going too far out.

"besides this Cho Chang im telling u about is not only beautiful, but is a leader by nature..... a gifted child.... and is INTELLIGENT AND WISE.... she is also a martial artist u know? well she rocks!!!!!!!!"----> she's sooo talking about herself. I mean, how conceited can you get?

And chic_sxydiva, I think they can't find a Cho either because the perfect Cho doesn't want to be Cho or they can't seem to find one that looks exactly what they had envisioned.
Or maybe they haven't even started looking yet.

bunny

longyuan
Oh hi dude! I wish Kwon BoA don play in hp! To be on the truth side, i love her.............

chic_sxydiva
i guess ur ryt ms_death about them haven't started looking for actors to play cho chang. but it would be really impossible if they can't find her in UK. i mean BoA's cute and all but i don't see her as cho chang.

hotsauce6548
who is kwan? i never even herd of her before?

Schizo_n_me
me either... blink blink

chic_sxydiva
i think she's that korean popstar wannabe britney spears. i haven't really seen her perform so i can't tell if she's good or not or just plain jologs stick out tongue
again NO OFFENSE to her fans
shees they're really loyal and a bit of a geek kidding big grin

[Ms_dEaTh]
Yeah in one website that I can't remember I saw them compare Boa to Britney and the way they dress and all is so alike.

Hell I've got nothing against Britney but I don't like Boa for some reason.

Even before she was a rumoured Cho.

No offense to Boa fans out there 'course.

Miss Unknown
I only found out about her when the rumors started.....but for some reason I don't like her....no idea why....maybe cause some people said she's really horrible and stuff...I don't know.

chic_sxydiva
same. i didn't know she exist before the rumours. and they says CHANG is korean surnames, others says it's CHINISE, VIETNAMESE. WHICH IS IT? aaarrgggg *pullin my hair* *pullin schizo'z hair* lol ur were pullin ur hair b4 so i decided to pull urs instead of mine coz it hurts laughing

WooMasta
okok. you were wriet...Boa is a Korean popstar...one of the top today. She's like...17 now..since today November 5, is her birthday If you go to yahoo.com and typed in Kwon Boa you can find her

Schizo_n_me
lol chic_sxydiva
laughing

boalover
there was no proof that she had plastic surgery, i have some links to her song on my xanga, some of them are live performances but youll need wmp to play them

Uchuujin
For all you people out there, I suggest you look into the mirror before making any comments. Britney? Better than BoA? Dream on, not in a million years!!! Just look at how many albums they each have, BoA beats Britney hands down.

.!.

[Ms_dEaTh]
everyone has different opinions and debating about it is not going to solve anything. BOA and Britney both have different styles in music since their from different backgrounds you cant compare them really.
both of them should be respected. fullstop.

Miss Unknown
Totally agrre smile

FeiFei
BoA can speak english, just because she is Asian doesn't mean she can't speak english. She can sing in english, and when she was younger she was taught Japanese, english, and Chinese. Thats why she sings in all three languages, plus Korean...and I think she would have to understand the language....I honestly hope BoA plays Cho, because BoA has wonderful spirit and I love her and her music. Go Korea!

EOWYN3
I do not think BoA is playing Cho.

yes_today_tml
BoA is a Korean and she can speak Japanese, Korean and English only. Her english is not very good, though. I mean, just listen to her songs. It's all 'broken english'. She cannot speak Chinese. Anyway, not all Asian can't speak English. I'm from Singapore and most of the people here speak english.

min woo
To >> haylin01

BoA is really talented and if she's not, how could she be so popular nowadays?And don't just think that Asians can't speak English!
Why don't you just admit that you are just jealous of her getting Cho Chang's role because she's much more prettier and talented than you?Needless to say , more popular than you?And..erm... ur nickname doesn't sound nice too!`

Miss Unknown
She hasn't got the role because her record company denied the rumours....or something like that.....

azairah21
embarrasment well in my opinion...boa is not really pretty at all!!!! but i think she can handle the role and think about her media exposure!!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin big grin big grin

azairah21
well all we can do now is wait for the movie coz we dont have the power to change pipols minds and besides what if boa doesnt get the role??

WELL FOR ME I THINK I WOULD AGREE TO ANYONE AS LONG AS THEY HAVE THE GUTS BRAIN AND MOST LIKELY TO BE CHO!!!

jambalayan
hey you guys, first of all if any of you are still in denial about the plastic surgery on her face, you have some serious obsessive issues to overcome because it is so friggin obvious if you ever compare her older pictures and newer pictures (and same with music videos). I mean, obviously she's never gonna admit to the public that she got it - who would?! Second of all, how can you even think for a second that she could be cho chang...her ability to speak english is all right, but it's so...engrish. And using voice overs is so lame when you can find another talented girl who could do it full on. So anyway, I just want to say I had a lot of fun laughing at some of the things you guys had to say =) keep up the entertainment! thanks.

Joy2dWorld
aahh, i just love this mayhem.. I'm sittin here eating popcorn & enjoying the show! wink

Some people here are forgetting the essence of book 4:Goblet.. "Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord & enmity is great.." so true.. so true..

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all.. if our aims are identical, and our hearts are open."

i think that's going to be my sig now whistle have a butterbeer guys, cheers! beer
Happy New Year! happy

danis4ever
My god... You are not showing any trait for us Filipinos to be proud of! Shame!
Can i have some popcorn?!

laughing laughing laughing laughing

beer beer

Joy2dWorld
hey you know you're right, Karel Marquez looks perfect! here she is:

http://www.yehey.com/local/entertainment/images/KarelMarquez02-A.JPG

She's got acting background! Infact she's now in a youth-oriented drama show called Berks! She sings & wants to be a composer/musician (she plays the piano, guitar and drums).

And.. no problem with English!!! She might even be able to fake a Brit accent!

..only problem is she turned 17 a few days ago (Dec. 21). but she looks young enuf right?

jambalayan
Another thing about BoA...a lot of you say that she CAN speak English pretty well...Um, sorry, but you're unbelievably wrong. "Listen to my Heart" isn't remotely comprehensible...I mean, just look at the lyrics:

Woe Baby what can you see in your eyes
Across an advanse wind yeah
What imagine at the sky?
What do you do you want? do you need?

Right...and that makes just *so* much sense to me. I think that Karel chick should get the part. she's pretty, and she can actually coherently speak English.

shadow play
I just heard like 10 minutes ago that BoA had surgery and I've been looking for more info on it. Some things I've read so far seem a little over the top. Plastic surgery when youre 11 years old? Even if that's true.. did she have it before her ID: Peace B vid? She just looks YOUNG in her old pictures. Not different. She's only 17 ffs. In fact I'm only about 15 days younger than she is, and looking at my old pictures I'd say my looks have changed about as much as hers have over the past 6-7 years.
LOL @ her English being "so.. engrish" btw.
I agree Jambalayan.. her English version of Every Heart has numerous grammatical mistakes as well. It's like they used that Babelfish translater to write the songs.
I'm not here to diss BoA. She's one of my favorite Asian singers. In fact I like very very little J/Kpop. But she actually has singing and dancing talent.
Anyway.. it would be cool for her to get a part in a movie. She IS kind of old to be playing in a Harry Potter movie tho. bunny

blackwitchk
Why Boa?she 's too tall to be cho,and cho 's suppose to be a short chinese,not Korean.however,I do not mean to insulting or anythin'.Boa isssss pretty,but she's just not the right one to act cho.

jade buster
damn, i think boas hot, but i just can't see her with radcliffe. am i alone in that?

<-- Save water, drink beer. Save a tree, eat a beaver. Save the world, kill Bush. -->

eezy45
in germany thats normal (sync)

Rachel Riddle
yeah, thats really annoying! be happy, you've got mostly the original voices!

squeaky
Where does it say in the books that Cho is:

chinese
half chinese/half american

I'll tell you where, NO WHERE

Cho is a japanese name, and Chang is a chinese name. I don't think that JK put much research in that, all she wanted was for Hogwarts to have a good representation of different backgrounds. She just means for Cho is be asian. Like Padma and her sister are middle-eastern. It doesn't say where they are from. It's just so children and adults can have somone at Hogwarts that represents them, so they could see a bit of themselves.

That's all.

Cho is asian no doubt. But I think she's british. No where is Cho written as having an asian accent. I'm sure whoever Cho ends up being will have a british accent, just like Lee Jordan or any of the other "minority" characters.

You all are forgetting the MOST important factor in choosing a Cho CHang or anyother character in a film. SHE/HE HAS TO BE A GOOD ACTOR!!! If they can't act well, they won;t get the part.

I'm sure there was some kid out there with green eyes that looked more like Harry Potter than Daniel..but Daniel has proven himself to be an excellent actor, even with blue eyes, even if he's not a gangly as Harry is described in the books. This will ultimatley come down to who is the BEST ACTOR.

daeri
I think Cho is half Asian Half Brittish because the book says she has freckles on her nose, and full Asian people don't have freckles..

squeaky
Lucy Liu is full asian and has freckles.

Asians can have any of the genetic traits as any other race in the world. We're just as human as everyone else.

Phoenix
I think she's a bit old

daeri
Lucy Lui has freckles??

squeaky
Check it out.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>