Can anyone confirm I'm correct in working out Sirius was born in 1960?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly Clover
I'm quite positive of it, as if all makes sense with the book and J.K.Rowling herself, but I would just like confirmation.

krassin
i think hes younger

Firefly Clover
Yeah, but you do know that book 5 takes place in 1995, right?

krassin
then how can he have a nimbus 2000 in book 1?

Firefly Clover
Nimbus 2000 has nothing to do with the year though. That's like asking how there can be a Nimbus 2000 in book 1 when it was released in 1997

snlovergirl
sounds like 1960 could be right. i know that harry was born in 1980 so, that would make sirius 20 when harry was born, it works.

krassin
but how do u know it takes place in 1995?

snlovergirl
harry is born in 1980, hes 15 in the 5th book so 1980+15=1995

krassin
how u know harry was born in 1980?

snlovergirl
because jk rowling said so!

krassin
when?

unibrow
if u notice in book 2 it says on nearly headless nicks deathday cake the year he died was 1492 and he said he died 500 years ago so 500 + 1492 = 1992 and harry was 12 at the time so 1992 - 12 = 1980 and there u have it smart

krassin
wow

its_magic
im lost embarrasment

unibrow
seriously pple this is grade two math!!!!

krassin
i know,im just wandering why ulook so deep intot things...

its_magic
shut up lol laughing out loud

krassin
geek geek

krassin
nah just playing

The Omega
http://books.guardian.co.uk/news/articles/0,6109,406435,00.html

Harry Potter was born on July 31st 1980. However I have no idea when Sirius was born. For him to've been born in 1960, and be the same age as James Potter, the should both have been 20 when Harry was born.

krassin
wuts wrong wit dat?

unibrow
im not analytical if thats what u mean i just figured it out when i was reading that part in book 2 das all...didnt really have to think

krassin
so then sirus is like 35

unibrow
oh and jk rowling said in an interview bout the fifth book that snape was either 35 or 36 and he was in the same year as james so it makes sense smile

krassin
yeah,and now harry is 15,so u just add dat

frootlooplucy
well if thats the case, james and lily were pretty young to have a baby blink thats 3 years after they left school... they started going out in their 7th year... supposing they got married a year or so after they left school... its possible i know, it just seems really young to be married and already have a baby... but there doesnt seem to be any flaws in your adding up the years and stuff... ok this message is getting slightly pointless, i think i'll stop now.

krassin
yeah that was kinda pointless cuz u didnt really get to a point..

iluvharrypotter
HOw do you know it took place in 1995?

krassin
omg read evrything from page 1&2

mg16
my mom had me at 20

krassin
same here

unibrow
me at 38

frootlooplucy
alright, then everyone ignore my last message. i never said it was impossible for them to have a kid at 20, its just young thats all. anyway, its not important.

Firefly Clover
Haha, okay, thanks everyone. See, I'm making 6 shrines to my 6 fav characters, and I was just wanting to make sure. I'm positive now, so thanks everyone ^^

krassin
by everyone,she means me,so dont think u madea diff

silver_tears
i agree sirius would be like 30 sumthing no way hes 43 stick out tongue

krassin
hes 35

Firefly Clover
Hehe, yes, thanks krassin ^^

krassin
u found it

silver_tears
do u guys know that Mr. and Mrs. Weasley are like at least 7 years older then sirius, i know this because Mrs. Weasley said the whomping willow was planted after she left school which was when lupin entered school so yea stick out tongue

krassin
hmm..42...so then she had ron when she was 27

silver_tears
well i kinda dont know that she may be much older i mean isnt charlie or bill whichever one is older isnt he like 25 or sumthing??

krassin
well,ron is 15 right?subtract that from 42...

silver_tears
yea but she may not even be 42 shes probably like near 50 or sumthing stick out tongue

krassin
its your theory

crazy_c
for it all to add up she must of had bill and charlie in her late teens.

krassin
then its j.k's fault!

silver_tears
wat r u guys talking bout i meant she is like 50 because she is at least 7 years older than sirius but also charlie and bill are like 25 or sumthing stick out tongue

crazy_c
AHHHHH stop confusing meeeeeee!!!!!

unibrow
i just realized something on page 39 of the canadian/adult version it says the dursleys had a wide screen tv...they didnt have wide screen tvs in 1995 so either jk made a mistake or.....no.. pretty sure jk made a mistake...

crazy_c
hmmmm......... AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! More confusingnessnessness!!!!!!!!!

Firefly Clover
Same with the playstation - no playstations in 1994, eh?

crazy_c
yes there was

unibrow
yeah playstations r old

zionette
ah! confusion becomes me! confused blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.