anakin's powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

krautrocker
There is a made up shot of anakin with watto at the virtual edition i think. Now we know anakin is supposed to be the strongest force user due to his massive midichlorian count. What if he is using mind tricks on watto here to get information from him. That would be a cool moment considering in ep 1 he said to qui gonn that mind tricks dont work on him. Maybe Anakin can perform them on watto because he is so strong.

Dim
I don't think Anakin would know the trick without training.. It seems to me that when Qui-Gon found him he had more of a potential than any actually control over his force ablities.

DJ Velocity
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Anakin WOULD be able to do the mind trick. What I was saying is that a person skilled enough (yareal poof) or with a hi-MC count could possibly influence even the most iron-willed. It can't be ruled out, thats all I was saying.

JediOasis
I agree completley. That would be a cool scene, seeing Anakin using the mind trick on his former Master.

Ushgarak
I think the implication was that the mind trick doesn't work on Toydarians full stop, regardless of their willpower.

And I do not think even the strongest force master can 'persuade' an iron-willed person. That's bad thinking as to how power works.

Darth Pants
I don't really like the idea that the Force affects different species differently, it sort of undermines the idea of it being associated with all living things. The worst hs to be that EU Ysalamiri creature, which creates an 'Anti-Force' bubble. Good for putting the odds against you in a computer game, but nothing else.

Ushgarak
Yes, they were pretty rubbish.

But the mind is biological, so the FOrce is affecting biology in that case, so the idea that some biologies are resistant makes sense to me.

DJ Velocity
Could be. If you remember, Ben says to Luke in ANH "the force can have a strong influence over the weak-minded". So does this mean the force could have less of an effect on a strong-willed person such as Watto?

krautrocker
jabba wasn't influenced by mind tricks either but i still say anakin is powerfull enough to do it.

Ushgarak
It may be actively biologically impossible to persuade some biologies, regardless of power.

Dim
It's called extreme hard headedness. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I'm sure that's not the technical term...

ChelsiJediKnight
Even though Anakin is the strongest force as we know it, it does not mean he can actually control his powers. I agree with the one saying that he had potential. That is what Jinn saw in him. I also believe that someone never trained in the Force cannot perform such a task. Not even Jinn could read his mind how could Anakin? rolling on floor laughing

Ushgarak
Good points.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.