CHASE SABRE DUEL- Persis vs. Galder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
THE SET-UP: Both good and bad guys have split up to pursue various leads in the Galaxy. In this part of the story, the Dark Siders have chased irritating Force Adept (and Dark Sider) Persis to his home of Tartarus, the centre of a thoroughly corrupt Republican investigation into smuggling- Persis' business. Persis holds the Astrolabe that the Dark Siders desperately need in order to navigate to their target- the Mausoleum- and Kuylen's orders to his men there are simple- find Persis, kill Persis, take the Astrolabe.

Staying ahead of the Jedi who hoped to safely retrieve the Astrolabe themsleves but have been caught up in the bureaucracy of the situation, the Dark Siders have now found their target. But all is not well- Persis has left many traps to give him an advantage and has attacked the weaker of those sent to stop him. Galder is suffering from serious injuries to his back and left arm, and is also suffering from the early stages of fatal radiation poisoning.

New recruit Rah is nearby to help Galder- but he might be a lifetime too late.

HOW THIS WORKS: If he gets here, this will be Rah;s first fight, but the system is simple enough:

The duellists take it in turns to attack each other. The attacker describes his attack and then the defender describes his defence. One person will succeed- a decision I make based on the skill of the fighters, the quality and appropriateness of their post, and a small random factor. I control Persis in this fight, with a further random determination made to see how appropriate his response is.

The winner of the round scores a point, and then the attacker and defender swap places. Aside from taunts, no other moves can be made except the single move or countermove you make each round! If a round is drawn, the attacker wins

First to five points wins the duel, but like in tennis you must win by two clear points. The amount of points by which you win a duel dictates what happens to the loser- a two point loss is a superficial wound, more is losing a limb, a five point win kills your opponent outright. Regardless, you cannot pursue a defeated opponent no matter what; if you lose a duel (and survive) you can always escape.

At the start of any round, either combatant may try to flee.

This fight begins as a straight duel but if Rah makes it it will convert into a 2 vs. 1. When this happens, both sides lose a point to represent the change in circumstance. This can bring you into negative points, which means the gap between the two combatants remains the same but the fight will take at least two rounds to finish.

Rah will make it after one entire 'set' of moves. A set is five rounds.

ANALYSIS: Considering that Persis' only formal training in the Lightsabre was from his Master Ascar, no Dark Sider and certainly no sabre expert, and that the rest of his sabre training was done whilst disguised at a swordfighting dojo on Malastare, the impressivley fit Persis has done well for himself. However, he is NOT on a par with the best swordfighting templates in this game. Galder is the better fighter. BUT. Galder is suffering from a THREE POINT impariment! Most individual rounds in duelling, when I calculate them, are won on a draw (goes to attacker), or by one or two points (Lance once won a round by 4, only Chion and Kuylen have ever won by 5 or more)- so this is obviously a huge problem! Not only is Persis likely to win, he is likely to kill.

Rah is a fit man but not up to Galder's skill. One on one against Persis it would be an even match. Two on one, though, Persis may come unstuck- he has no method to aid him in such a fight and so not only will Galder and Rah get an advantage, Persis will also receive a penalty. Galder and Rah have no experience fighting together but their styles ARE compatible if they work on it. It is very possible that even with the lead Persis will get, Rah and Galder together can turn the fight around, but it will be tenuous, and Galder has to stay alive first.

For once, a Dark Sider finds himself under attack. But BY another Dark Sider, so the Dark Side monopoly on attacks continues...

Score:

Persis- 0, Galder- 0

Persis to attack

Persis' laughter rings loud as he gets close to your stumbling form, Galder. His features are obscured by his filter mask but you can see his blonde hair and cold blue eyes, and can imagine his wide smile. Holding his sabre in front of him in a ready guard, he kicks at you, hard.

Captain REX
Galder throws himself backwards and into a roll, rolling to his feet. He decides he will just try to avoid Persis until Rah can join him and kill Persis.

Ushgarak
There is virtually no room to manoeuvre. You roll backwards as best you can, but Persis is fast, aggressive and mobile. He speeds forwards and nearly cuts you in two with his sabre, now making lots of fast blows at you.

Score: Persis 1, Galder 0.

Galder to attack

Captain REX
Galder blocks best he can and then feints a few blows before jabbing at Persis' ribcage. He then goes back on the defensive, jabbing again a few times.

Ushgarak
Your sabres clash with the familiar flash of such blows, but your moves seem slow, feeble, uneven. Persis bats them aside easily and you are driven back.

Score: Persis 2, Galder 0.

Persis to attack

With you backing further and further away, Persis sommersaults to your side and aims a blow there, trying to force you into the wall.

Captain REX
Galder throws himself to the side, towards the way that they had come, trying to get closer to Rah.

Ushgarak
Back through the gas-filled room? You aren't wearing a filter mask like Persis!

Persis checks his forward somersualt as you try and move past him. His sabre shoots out towards you and pierces a mere inch in front of your face as it burns into the wall. Your movement is checked, but you have time to act as Persis pulls his sabre back...

Score: Persis 3, Galder 0.

Galder to attack

Captain REX
Galder charges at Persis, trying to knock his opponent's lightsaber out of position with a powerful (well, as powerful as it can be in Galder's condition) and then swinging back again across Persis' chest.

Ushgarak
You push yourself forwards and slam into close contact with Persis, who is surprised by your turn of strength. Your sabres clash, and you cannot seem to move his out of position, but he cannot force your away either, and a few moments later he disengages, backs up, and growls.

Round drawn- goes to attacker.

Score: Persis 3, Galder 1.

Persis to attack

"Time to end this..." says Persis.

He starts with a lightning-fast jab in your direction with which he plans to flick away your guard, followed by light, fast strokes at your sides.

Captain REX
Galder blocks his jab with a reliable slash downwards and to the left or right so that he directs the saber a little bit farther from his body. He tries to lock and slide his blade down towards Persis' arm.

Ushgarak
You catch Persis' blade and deflect it. He twists it in a circle to get past your guard, your sabres lock again... but this time Persis's attack is the superior and he sends you stumbling back. He presses in for the kill...

Round drawn- goes with attacker

Score: Persis 4, Galder 1.

Galder, you stumble back against the wall, weak and beaten. Persis smiles as he steps forwards...

... and sidesteps and spins, as Rah advances towards him.

This is now a two-on-one fight. The same attacker/defender routine carries on, except that on your side, a different one of you is making an attack or being the defender each time. The other one of you may try and make a supporting move to disadvanatge Persis- though only the 'primary' player can actually score the point. If Persis wins this fight, the one of you that has lost the most rounds gets hit- as Galder has lost 4 already, that will almost certainly be him.

As the circumstances of the fight has changed, each side loses a point.

Score: Persis- 3, Galder/Rah 0

Rah to attack.

Baylin
As Persis turns to face him, Rah feints with an over head spin (only one blade lit). At the last instant as Persis would bring his sabre up to block, Rah lights the other half of his sabre, drops down, reverse spins it to take out Persis' legs.

Ushgarak
(I am waiting a little while after each move to see if a supporting attempt is made- not this time, it seems)

Persis is caught out after having such easy victories against Galder. He falls your feint and only his great reflexes allow him to jump back, almost stumbling, to safety from your leg shot.

Score: Persis- 3, Galder/Rah- 1

Persis to attack, Rah to defend.

Persis, angry, steps forwards and thrusts his guard forwards in a powerful bash designed to knock your own guard to one side, Rah...

Baylin
Rah continues to spin,spinning to one side, allowing the momentum of Persis' thrust to carry him past. He then makes a small counter jab backwards as he re-positions himself to attack....

Ushgarak
It's good. Persis' anger is reducing rather than increading his focus- he always was hasty. He slips past you and nearly falls, before turning and snarling at you both. By now, you have recovered, Galder, and can move forwards...

Score: Persis- 3, Galder/Rah- 2

Galder to attack.

Captain REX
Galder charges forwards again, trying to get into a close combat with Persis. But not too close. He swings upwards towards Persis' neck, but checks at the last moment and swings for the legs. If blocked, Galder swings towards Persis' neck again and then the legs again, repeating the process.

Ushgarak
With new vigour born of hope, you launch into your counter-offensive. Pesris spins and your blades clash, up, down, up again, but with Rah moving in on hise side Persis is forced to fall back and re-think...

Round drawn. Goes with attacker.

Score: Persis- 3, Galder/Rah 3

Persis to attack. Galder to defend.

To avoid Rah, Persis powers FORWARDS into you, Galder. Your sabres buzz and flash as he tires to send you sprawling with sheer forcr of body...

Captain REX
As the lightsabers crackle against each other, Galder rolls or jumps to the side and tries to trip Persis with his foot as he goes.

Ushgarak
You can't move fast enough. Your body is just not responding properly. Persis slams into you as you move and you are sent sprawling to the floor. All Persis has to do is fend off Rah to finish you...

Score: Persis- 4, Galder/Rah- 3

Rah to attack. Match point to Persis.

This is not a good time for Rex to take a sabre wound. You two may flee- but that means abandoning the fight. You may not choose to split- you either both stay or both go. If you flee, you each have to survive a round.

Baylin
As Persis moves past attacking Galder, Rah sings, gathers his force powers and 'pulls' at Persis to unbalance him. At the same time Rah moves forwards. As he did before, he feints a blow to the head, swings down as if going for the legs again but instead, as Persis blocks down with his sabre Rah brings down his other blade in a fast arc aiming for the Persis' neck/shoulder.

Ushgarak
(I am just going to hold off on answering that to see if Galder wants to flee or not- I would rather he made an input seeing that as a failure this round could kill him)

Captain REX
(I'm not retreating from this. Kuylen wants Persis dead, so we'll kill him. Hold off the answering for just a bit, though. I need to come up with a good supportive attack.)

(I can do a supportive attack, right?)

Captain REX
(Alrighty, my supportive attack IF I'm allowed to do one.)

Galder pulls himself up at Rah and Persis exchange blows. As Persis blocks Rah's attack, Galder jabs at him with his blade from the side.

Ushgarak
Your combined move unsettles and unblances Persis, who is left crouching low, his sabre held high above his head to stop Rah's death blow.

Score: Persis- 4, Galder/Rah- 4.

Persis tries to foll forwards into you, Rah, jabbing at your legs as he goes.

Captain REX
(If I'm allowed to support during the defending move...)

Galder goes to the side again and jabs at Persis as he goes for Rah.

Baylin
As persis tries to roll forwards, Rah jumps to the side to avoid Persis' blade. At the same time he stabs the tip of one blade into the floor in an attempt to force Persis to divert mid roll.

Ushgarak
You'll never make a generic supporting move like that in time, Galder, not on a quick roll.

Persis is quicker than you thought, Rah. You block his sabre but he rolls into your leg and brings you down to the ground. Persis backflips up and spins around to face Galder...

Score: Persis- 5, Galder/Rah- 4.

Galder to attack. Match point to Persis. You may, of course, take the option to flee still.

Captain REX
As Persis spins around, Galder aims a quick blow at Persis' midsection. Then he twirls his blade around and swings hard to knock Persis' lightsaber out of position and then jabs.

"You're a good fighter, Persis. But that's because you didn't fight me in my prime..."

Baylin
(Rah's supporting move)

Rah jumps to his feet. To distract Persis and allow Galder some openings Rah spins a web of death towards Persis' back. If Persis doesnt defend against it Rah will strike at Persis legs.

Ushgarak
Persis growls as he tries to cope with the both of you at once.

"This IS your prime! A stillborn cripple could defeat you at any time!" he says, defiantly, as he backs rapidly to one side, trying to get away from you, seeking the moment for a fresh counterattack.

Score: Persis- 5, Galder/Rah- 5

Persis to attack, Galder to defend.

Persis concentrates on the weaker target again. Seeing your weakness he keeps a ready guard and kicks viciously at your legs, Galder, snarling as he does so.

Captain REX
"If a stillborn cripple can beat me, why are you backing away? Not a stillborn or a cripple? 'Cause I can fix that..."

Galder leaps over Persis' blade in the opposite direction of the way the blade is going (ie: blade going right, Galder going up and left). As he jumps, he makes a quick semi-powerful jab at Persis' head.

Ushgarak
(just waiting for support)

Baylin
From behind Persis, Rah spins to the side to help cover Galder. As he does so he brings his blade down aiming for Persis' sword arm "Cripple this Dug fuc*er...".

Ushgarak
You are trying to do to much, Galder. A counterattack on your defensive posts is WAY beyond your capacities right now! Persis sidesteps away from Rah and kicks you in mid-air, Galder, and you fall to the ground.

Score: Persis- 6, Galder/Rah- 5
Rah to attack. Match point to Persis.

(All it needs is for someone to break serve and hold their own! Two Rah rounds in a row now give you your best chance...)

Baylin
Following Persis' side step...

Rah swings his sabre towards Persis' front. As Persis blocks Rah switches off the attacking blade to cause Persis to over balance. At the same time Rah kicks hard to Persis knee to bring him down and follows through with his other blade.

Ushgarak
(awaiting support if any)

Captain REX
Galder puts his blade in Persis' line of falling.

Ushgarak
Fair enough...

Persis comes within an ace of pushing forwards and slicing you whgen you turn off your sabre, Rah, buit he is distracted by Galder's move. Your leg connects with Persis, who cries out and stumbles back, but he is strong, and does not fall.

Round drawn- goes with attacker.

Score: Persis- 6, Galder/Rah- 6

Enraged, Persis sprints forwards and rains a series of fast and VERY heavy blows upon you, Rah, his rage and anger giving him deadly focus...

Captain REX
As backup, Galder gets behind Persis and swings at his back vertically, along the spinal chord.

Baylin
As Persis fell back Rah ignited the blade again.
Undaunted, keeping his cool Rah IS focused. He takes a stance and holds his ground blocking Persis' blows. Suddenly Rah spins to one side whirling his sabre to block with one blade and counter strike at Persis' back with the the other.

Ushgarak
(You really have to start doing supporting moves relevant to the situation- that is an attack, Galder, and scores nothing)

Persis' blows rain hard upon you, Rah, and you match them, blow for blow. The power of his attack is driving you back but you slip away, outmanoeuvring him, and only Persis' Jedi speed saves him as he jumps back, trips, stumbles, falls...

Score: Persis 6, Galder/Rah- 7

Galder to attack. Match point to Galder/Rah

Bespin Bart
OOPS!!! Forgot to log out of BB's again...

~REX~

Captain REX
As soon as Persis hits the ground, Galder is on top of him, shifting his grip on his saber and thrusting it downwards into Persis' chest. If Persis blocks, Galder rains down heavy blows.

Baylin
Rah follows through bashing downwards supporting Galder

Baylin
Sorry this was supposed to be edited not quoted embarrasment

Ushgarak
All a bit of a mess, isn't it?

You rage down upon Persis, Galder, raining blow after blow on his lowered guard, until finally it slips away and your next blow takes his head.

Score: Persis- 6, Galder/Rah 8. Match to Galder/Rah.

You may now return to your thread...

Baylin
Yay!

Captain REX
Hell yeah!!! big grin

Fire
took you long enough

Captain REX
Longest duel I've ever done...

Captain REX
Actually, I think my two duels with Lance were longer...

Baylin
It all went according to my plan... To let Glader take Persis' head... I could 'ave whooped him anytime I liked! yes

And anyway it's my first duel and I think I did alright! big grin

Captain REX
Winning the first duel is always fun, even if it was a 2 to 1. That was my 4th. I lost my first duel, won my second, lost my third, won my first. big grin

Ushgarak
Lost AND won your first? Neat!

Dexx
heheh

Captain REX
laughing out loud Not what I said...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.