Finding Nemo surpassed the Lion King as top animated film !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Finding Nemo surpassed The Lion King at the box office yesterday, breaking the long-held animated film record for ticket sales, tracking firm Exhibitor Relations reported on Friday.

"'Nemo' is the biggest film of the summer, the biggest film of the year, and now it is the biggest animated feature of all time," Exhibitor Relations said.

"Nemo" had sold $328.7 million in tickets by the end of Thursday, topping the $328.5 million that "Lion King" sold in its original release and a recent large-format Imax reissue.

Since ticket prices were lower when "Lion King" came out, "Nemo" still has a way to go before it can claim a bigger audience.

Darth Vicious
Box office record aside i take the Lion King over Nemo any day, the story in LK is far better than Nemo and the only way it made more money its like u said, ticket price were cheaper when the LK came out!

fini
omg i loved the Lion king.............it was disney's finest orginal idea
Nemo is great too but i guess better marketing and MORE people around along with expensive tickets will give it the edge

ragesRemorse
lion king beats nemo any day of the week any week of the month and any month out of the year and any year out of a decade and so on and so on, just want to get the point that lion king is still the best animated movie across, followed by alladin

RedQueen
finding nemo was funny but lion king is class

pablo007
Yeah I agree with all of you, Finding Nemo is a fun movie with better animation due to technological advances but the Lion King is a classic with a far better story. If Lion King tickets would cost the same as Nemo's, Simba would be devouring that defective little fish as we speak !

Ushgarak
Ticket prices haven't changed THAT much- Nemo is on course to beat Lion King.

In any case, inflation adjusted, 'Snow White' and 'The Jungle Book' trash them both. 'Fantasia' is comfortably clear of The Lion King as well.

I think The Lion King is a good film but I don't see what the fuss with the plot is about- it's just a slightly altered Bambi (which, btw, Nemo will have to beat for inflation adjusted figures first before it gets to The Lion King).

Tex
Lion King was lame, I hated that damn moviethumb down

JackSparrowLuvr
Lion King is the best, Finding Nemo was crap

diegocala
Lion King-->crap
Nemo--> Great

Tex
Nemo was OK, not as good as I was expecting, but its way better than the crappy Lion Kingstick out tongue

ash007
i disagree i think The Lion King was a excellent movie. I mean i have seen alot of animation movies but the Lion KIng moved me emotionaly.
it will always remain one of my favourites animation movie

alic88
but LION KING still holds the worldwide record of 728 million dollars. An unsurpassed total. finding nemo isnt even near. u know usa aint everything

Kes
Indeed. I like the Lion King but the plot is pretty basic.

As pretty much all animated movies, it prays on the death of a character for emotion. Its actually a cheap emotional trick.

ash007
yeah but i have seen ALOT of movies and none in my honest opinion be better then the Lion KIng

Kes
Ok. lol

FragileHaloRyuu
It was commercially successful. But Princess Monokoe and Spirited Away were better in terms of plot and artwork.

Steven
Lion King still holds record worldwide hands down.......

alic88
ya no 1 even knows. usa aint everything lol. lion king is the best animated movie of all times. and

MUFASA is the best animated character of all times 4 me

jpres
I will also take LK over Nemo anyday of the year. Maybe it's because that was my childhood and now that im older I dont take as much interest in Disneys..

buzzlightyear
I'm not sure if Nemo is crap. I love Finding Nemo. I think Finding Nemo is the best. I do think Lion King is crap. Play The Lion Krap or The Lion Kick my ass (ho ho ho ho).

P.S. Stop sticking lions or pirates up your asscrack.

buzzlightyear
I would say The Lion King is about an average movie.

Finding Nemo is funny. Finding Nemo is the best movie ever. The Lion King is bull shit.

buzzlightyear
nemo beats lion king any day of the week, any week of the month, any month out of the year, and any year out of a decade and so on and so on, just want to get the point that nemo is still the best animated movie across, followed by shrek

yerssot
no need to post three times the same thing roll eyes (sarcastic)

eleveninches
I liked Finding nemo, but it still does not beat the lion king in my opinion.

I remember when I first saw the lion king after buying it on Video. It is not on for very long (just over an hour I think), but it was the best animated film I had ever seen, and I just kept on watching it over and over again

supertruper
I loved nemo too. big fan, and I now own. The next animation on my list is Shrek 2, and then Disney's Home on the Range. Cuba Gooding Jr and Sarah Jessica Parker (SJP to those "Sex and the City" fans...)..and then Rosanne Barr is the voice of one of the cows with big udders....how appropriate....moviemoviemovie time..

fini
hmmmm all those people who didn't like Lion KING, are you all under the age of 15??????.............cause everyone i knew that saw it ( and had finished their childhood/infant brain growing years) loved it. It probably the best original work to EVER COME OUT of Disney. ( and please no bambi comparisons)

buzzlightyear
omg i loved finding nemo...........it was a movie unlike any other movie u had ever seen

lion king was an all right film. i don't think i should be involved in lion king that much. sad

buzzlightyear
Box office record aside i take nemo over the lion king any day, the animation in Nemo is far better than LK and I don't give a damn about the ticket price on when LK or Nemo came out!

buzzlightyear
Ha ha. Look at what I wrote. evil face

buzzlightyear
No. I disagree with all of you, The Lion King was a classic with a far better story, but I don't think I should be involved in LK. Finding Nemo is a ten times a better movie than Lion King. If Nemo had gotten $848.8 million at the box office, there would be a little fish killing Simba.

buzzlightyear
Don't care about the ticket prices. Finding Nemo is ten times a better movie than The Lion King damn it.

buzzlightyear
All right. Now you're talking trash. I think you are funny.

buzzlightyear
Nemo= My favorite movie
Lion King= I don't think I should be involved in this

buzzlightyear
Nemo was an excellent film and 10 x better than "The Leon Kroch".

buzzlightyear
oh shut the **** up. u no that nemo is the best.

buzzlightyear
i disagree i think Finding Nemo was an excellent movie. I mean i have seen a lot of animated movies, but Finding Nemo is my favorite movie. i don't want to be involved in Lion King.

buzzlightyear
dont care punk

Sigillum_Diaboli
i never seen all of Nemo .. but i dont like Lion King either blink

yerssot
do you actually have something to say besides "I think FN was an excellent movie" ?

darksephiroth13
I luv Finding Nemo its a mad funny movie.I like the Lion King but Finding nemo is definetly better
Just keep swiming just keep swiming lol big grin

Clovie
Originally posted by pablo007
Finding Nemo surpassed The Lion King at the box office yesterday, breaking the long-held animated film record for ticket sales, tracking firm Exhibitor Relations reported on Friday.

"'Nemo' is the biggest film of the summer, the biggest film of the year, and now it is the biggest animated feature of all time," Exhibitor Relations said.

"Nemo" had sold 8.7 million in tickets by the end of Thursday, topping the 8.5 million that "Lion King" sold in its original release and a recent large-format Imax reissue.

Since ticket prices were lower when "Lion King" came out, "Nemo" still has a way to go before it can claim a bigger audience. it is because nemo is newer movie erm

starwars3
"Finding Nemo" is an excellent movie. I don't go over-excited over Disney classics although I do like "Pocahontas" and "Toy Story." It's because I'm getting older.

fini
I'm OLDER..........but Lion King is an amazing movie, cartoon or not.

I like Finding Nemo, but Lion King is a better movie, much more grand and really impressive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.