Miss Information

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IGOTMYBEAT
For ALLLLLLLLLLLL these rumors to be true the security and secrecy on Ep II must be even WORSE than it was on the set of TPM...which is, IMHO, IMPOSSIBLE.

GL would never let that happen, no way.

Anyways which rumors do you think are on crack?

Here's my list:

SHMI BEING KILLED BY SANDPEOPLE CARRYING STICKS AND STONES.
Kind-of dumb.

ARENA SCENE
Even dumber.

REALLY, REALLY, INCREDIBLY OLD MAN PLAYING A SITH APPRENTICE
I'll take the Arena scene, please, please just not this!!!

OBI-WAN AND ANAKIN HAVING A BIG GIANT CRANE FALL ON THEM
O.K. this is by far the CRAPPIEST ending I could ever imagine. It's such a crappy ending I can't even begin to comprehend it. Give me a minute to regain my composure...

UnknownBountyHunter
Where did you get this? Gundie, call the paramedics, we got a nut on our hands!! smile

JediOasis
I hope all the spoilers are wrong too. Its not that I don't like the ideas, its just that I don't want to know. I like the idea of the arena scene, yeah, its kinda old and worn out, but I like it how a bunch of Jedi are fighting together, that would be awsome!

Gundark
Not to worry, UBH...Dr. Killpatient is on his way. smile

I haven't heard anything about this giant crane....are we talking about SW or the video of "Giant Construction Equipment Fun For Kids" ????

Dim
Oh well..I still want Lee to be Tyrannus big grin

krautrocker
i just find the areana scene a bit too gladiator for my liking. Lucas never reveals anything pre production so why he should start now baffles me. It makes sense I would do it if I had a group of fans as obsessive as star wars fans. Feed them a load of crap , but believable crap at that. These so called informants , insiders whatever , who are they ? Come on Lucas wouldn't let stuff like that out.

JediOasis
Thats true krautrocker, but I just want to see a bunch of Jedi fighting in a large battle. Just picturing them all igniting their lightsabers at once just sends chills down my spine. Man, that would be awsome!

finti
That would be cool! Massive jedi fight.

UnknownBountyHunter
Welcome KRAUTROCKER!!

theEviljedi
"SHMI BEING KILLED BY SANDPEOPLE CARRYING STICKS AND STONES."
They do carry snipers and can be very handing with those Gaffi sticks, you know.

"ARENA SCENE"
This seems like a great way for us to see all the Jedi in action...so don't diss it until you see it.

"REALLY, REALLY, INCREDIBLY OLD MAN PLAYING A SITH APPRENTICE"
Like Yoda said,"Judge me by my size do you?" That sort of goes with age. And Lee is one of the best swordsmen in the world.roll eyes (sarcastic)

IGOTMYBEAT
...carry snipers...gaffi sticks
OK BUT THAT'S STILL A CRAPPY WAY FOR SOMEONE AS IMPORTANT AS SHMI TO DIE

...don't diss it til you see it.
DUDE, I'M AT WORK. I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO.

...judge me by my age do you?
YA BUT YODA ISN'T PLAYING AN APPRENTICE.

JediOasis
Why is that such a bad way for her to die? I kinda like that whole scene, even though it probably won't happen like that. We've heard all these terrible things about the Tuskens but we haven't really seen them do anything really bad. I would say killing Shmi is pretty bad and would justify why nobody likes them. And as far as Lee being the apprentice I sort of agree with you. My guess is that Palpy just needed a quick fix and Lee being a former Jedi was a good choice. Palpy is trying to take over the galaxy, he doesn't have time to start from scracth with another apprentice.

Dim
Yeah..I have to admit..killing off Shmi in that way would be really emotional...probably a good idea I think.

theEviljedi
YA BUT YODA ISN'T PLAYING AN APPRENTICE...
What does that have to do with anything?

UnknownBountyHunter
This is a messy topic, what the heck are we talking about here?

IGOTMYBEAT
It's about which rumors you think are false.

UnknownBountyHunter
That's easy, all of them! smile ...well most anyways. big grin

IGOTMYBEAT
Really you think most of them are false?

Darth Gehenna
I remember Sam Jackson confirming the arena thing on a talk show. He said that Lucas explained a scene to him while in front of blue screen. He said it was a big place, with many people and a giant thing thats coming right at him. Sounds like the Arena scene to me.

UnknownBountyHunter
Lucas wanted to make extra assurance that no information leaked about Ep. II. They said this on the Jedi Council at the Official Site back in October or November. So if Samuel L. Jackson said this, I think he would either lose his contract, have some big legal issues, or the Jedi Council is outted for being full of crap. Take your pick.

IGOTMYBEAT
Right on.

Darth Gehenna
Lucas just told him basically what it was, that it was a big area with lots of people and that a large thing was coming at him. That's bascially what Sam said on the talk show.

IGOTMYBEAT
You think it's the arena scene they were filming?

COREWORLD
Yeah, that's Mace Windu facing off against a Reek (SW version of a bull, but bigger!) AND Jango Fett! And we've got how many more month's left before we can see this?!?!

krautrocker
I go back to my original point. This started off being a topic about miss information , people made observations about scenes they thought were false then people started commenting about how cool it would be though to see all those jedi fighting at once. Yes it would be cool and yes lucas knows this. I will be very suprised if we know much about the film. I'd be very suprised if the cast know that much until they see it. I bet lucas has filmed all major scenes in about 10 ways. I think chris lee will be dooku , but COunt dooku? Sounds a bit like COunt Duckula to me , for any English people out there who remember that cartoon.

funk to funky
Most of the info IS true, BUT, we do not know as much as we think.
Take the *arena* scene for instance. The Mace Vs Jango part is, in reality, a *tiny* part of the whole sequence, which lasts for around a 1/3rd of the film.
By leaking the boards of the Mace V Jango part Lucasfilm have managed to draw a ton of speculation away from what else happens at that point in the movie.

JediOasis
How do you know its true f to f? I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lucas had someone from LFL make some bogus storyboards that were supposed to look like they were secret but in reality Lucas knew a "spy" would find them and put them on the internet. It may be true that there is a large battle with Jedi(I hope there is) but I am starting to think we put way to much stock into these "spy" reports.

Gundark
I agree, JO...with all the years George has worked on the SW saga, he has learned how to put up smoke screens and throw out tons of red herrings. He's a pro at this. And now with the internet, he's just continuing what he's been doing all along. I just sit back and smile at all the "spy reports" and "leaked information" and just wait for the film. smile

IGOTMYBEAT
I agree with gundork all these spy reports all too convenient and a lot of them sound like GL is having a laugh.

queeq
Gundork... hehehehe laughing out loud

queeq abides

Dim
Oh hush..*smack*

I find it interesting that there was a big todo (on LFL's part) about the leaked storyboards when they first came out..but I havne't heard anything since...I wonder if they've contacted Raz and flexed their little muscles..

Ratcat
I would have thought they would have landed heavy on him if they realsied. But then again someone from LFL visits most sites everyday, including the ones owned by us poor brits so maybe they have and he just hasn't mentioned it????

queeq
I'd like to protest to the increasing violence on this board, especially by mods towards sweet and law abiding users. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Raz
Due to some clever scripting....noone from LFL can see the storyboards.....
Heres a hint...type this in the address bar "http://www.storyboards.f2s.com". Then go by click on the link in the forum.....and you'll see what I mean.

Dim
laughing out loud Hmmm..Razzie's a clever one...
queeq, quit your whining..*slap*

krautrocker
Ok it's just over a year till the film comes out. I never really followed the phantom menace pre production to be honest but for those who did, looking back how much of what you thought you knew at this stage was in the film ?

King Jedi
I know for a fact that some of the EPII rumors are false because I know someone who sends false info to sites (mainly Aldera.net). He's not a forum user but he thinks he is on some kind of crusade to keep the story hidden.

It's quite funny really because you see the big sites getting all excited when they think they have a story.

JediOasis
Tell that guy more power to him KJ. Keep everything a secret. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading the "spoilers" but only because there only good fiction.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.