greatest actors living today

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CapinJacksparow
ok, i just wanted to know who you all think is the greatest actor living out of the people i thought of. and if you think of someone else i forgot... say who!

Pirates_lass
johhnny iss sooo da best!!!!!!!

How can you leave out WILL SMITH !

CapinJacksparow
well, i was tryin to think of the most common men in movies today that have been a huge hit because of these actors.

cogger15
all of the above are great actors! smile

wicker_man
Out of the above list my personal favoutrites are:
Sir Anthony Hopkins
Tom Hanks
& Mel Gibson

Other personal 'greatest living actors today' favourites (not on the aforementioned list) include:
Sir Christopher Lee
Sir Ian McKellen
Micheal Caine
Ben Kingsley
Samuel L Jackson
Robert De Niro
Sidney Potier (sp)
and Lord Richard Attenborough

Phoenix
Ian McKellan is DEFINITELY an amazing actor! As is Alan Cumming, Ewan McGregor, Colin Farrel.

Personally, I don't believe Will Smith is a good actor, but hey, everyone's got their own opinion.

Steven Berkoff is also a very good actor, but he has got more into directing and scriptwriting now. Orlando Bloom is a good up and coming actor - he trained at the Guildhall, and BELIEVE me, that place is hard to get into!! I had a look, and you have to sing unaccompanied for two minutes, have a two minute soliloquy from shakespeare and a two minute comic piece and thats just for PRELIMINARY auditions. Theres then two more rounds of auditions, and they only take one hundred people a year across the music and drama courses.

Phoenix
I also think Morgan Freeman is very good, though he has lately become a typecast

Kes
From the list Anthony Hopkins.
Also:
Ian Mckellen
Gene Hackman (sp)
Jack Nicholson
Ralph Fiennes
Micheal Cain
Sam L. Jackson
Morgan Freeman

And many more but I cant think of anymore right now roll eyes (sarcastic)

CapinJacksparow
yep. that's cool. i also take a fancy to mel brooks. i mean, he's not a hottie or anything, but he's brilliant with coming up with paradies.

hrh_jennifer
Phoenix, you've practically written my list there, Ian Mckellen, Ewan Mcgregor and Colin farrell are really cool, and Alan Cumming is a real favourite of mine at the minute!

Johnny Depp is also amazing! it took me ages to convince my little brother that he is really the same actor who played Edward Scissorhands and the guy in Sleepy Hollow!

Phoenix
kes, thanks for reminding me, I forgot Ralph Fiennes! He was ASTOUNDING as Heathcliff - the other actors just paled in comparison!

Phoenix
hrh jennifer, I love your avatar! am i right in assuming its Jack the Monkey from PotC?

Socrates
No way dude thats falcore, the luck dragon from neverending story come on.

Kes
Yeh. I love that movie but I can never rember the title.

diegocala
Wuthering Heights

Kes
Ah thank you. I have to write that down.

Walter Simard
From the list I voted for Johnny Depp, and there's Eastwood and Hackman to name a couple more.

Sparrows Angel
Although I am totally in love with Johnny Depp I surely think that Anthony Hopkins beats him in acting!
Although johnny is a great actor I still think Anthony is better!

CapinJacksparow
well, johnny and anthony are amazing at playing different rolls. but johnny has played sooooo many diverse characters i have to go w/ him. anthony hopkins is definately close tho. have any of you seen legends of the fall? that was a crappy movie, but anthony hopkins was amazing at being a guy who survived a faital stroke. the thing that sells me on johnny is all his characters are so different from eachother, and they are so amazingly portrayed. anthony's character usually have too many things in common.

~fuoco~
JOHNNY DEPP # 1!!!!

lukeyduckey
I voted for Mel Gibson.
Altthough u missed loads, MATT DAMON. stay clam, stay clam

BeladonnaLeBeau
The best of those above are Anthony Hopkins and Johnny Depp IMO

CapinJacksparow
i thought of all the actors i thought are really great, and for you guys to pick between them because they are some of the best of the best. i'm sorry if i missed matt damon. i think he was really good an that one where he is a genius. forgot the name.

ahaetrkarykl
sean connery!!!

CapinJacksparow
OOO! i re-casted LOTR w/ me friend and we cast sean connery as pippin!!!

ahaetrkarykl
you cast sean conery as pippen?

CapinJacksparow
yep... i could... AND i could also see mike myers a aragorn....
the point of the re-cast was for fun... it's not exactly the BEST casting... but it's the funniest casting...

ahaetrkarykl
whats the rest of the cast you and your friend made

CapinJacksparow
ok...
frodo: bill murry
sam: chris farley
pippin: sean connery
merry: seth green
gandalf: jack nickleson
legolas: jim carry
gimli: bernie mac
boromir: will farrel
aragorn: mike myers
gollum: butters (south park)
Bilbo: robbin williams

and if you want to know EVERY single character tell me

ahaetrkarykl
im tellin ya!

CapinJacksparow
ok....
treebeard: stephen root (milton from office space)
ssauromon:anthony hopkins
eyowen: hillary duff (hate them both!!!)
arwen: mrs. swan (mad tv)
galadriel: barbara walters
belrog: barbara strysand
celeborn: tom hanks
haladir: chris rock
faramir: adam sandler
eomer: arnold swartzenager
elrond: weird al
sauron: aron carter
prancing pony man: john goodman
wormtoung: rowen atkins (mr. bean)
gate keeper: antonio bandarez
theoden: john cleese

ahaetrkarykl
thats funny

billyboyd4ever
i voted for johnny depp, even tho i wish billy boyd was on there...ok he hasnt been in a bunch of movies but he's @ the lyceum in edinbourough (sp) and he gets great reviews and i think hes got a great career ahea dof him

BackFire349
jack nicholson.

Fire
let's see
robert de niro,
harvey keitel,
jack nicholson,
sean connery,
anthony hopkins,
morgan freeman,
denzel washington,
robin williams,
john cleese,
and many many more

billyboyd4ever
yea...i agree w/like ALL of that list...but i mean a poll is limited to only 10 choices...

Fire
okie but in that list are two actors who might deserve it
tom hanks and athony hopkins

~fuoco~
You forgot Haldir!
Andy Dick should be him HA!

billyboyd4ever
no she didnt forget haldir, its chris rock, she just spelled it wrong...

~fuoco~
oops, didn't see that !

ragesRemorse
jhonny depp is a good actor and has had a number of great films but he needs some more expierence, Al pacino is the greatest living actor, Mel gibson or gene wilder are the most talented that are listed, to me anyway

Phoenix
i hav a picture of me standing outside planet hollywood with my hands in johnny depps handprits!

CapinJacksparow
OMG!! i wanna change haldir to gene wilder!!!! i dunno where chris rock came from... and snoop dog... we just couldn't think of anyone at that time.

cogger15
i dont like gene wilder.
johnny is the best actor out there!!

billyboyd4ever
you dont like gene wilder!!!!! huh omg i loved him in wonka...and young frankenstein...and sooo many others....

elromendil
hy am i the only one here who thinks kevin spacey is an amazing actor?
seven? the usual suspects?

cogger15
i think he is very good! i really liked k-pax!

~fuoco~
I liked Gene in CATCF ... The part in the boat where he's sayin that poem scared me messed lol

fini
argh i couldn't choose........but of LIVING GREAT ACTors Al pacino, Anthony Hopkins, Kirk Douglas, Marlon Brando, Sean Connery, Sidney Poitier, .........these men are incredible................no offence to u damn obsessive freaks but Russel Crowe and Johnny Deep dont belong in the list for best actors living today

Morfiwen
Im gonna have to go with Johnny Depp - his characters are so different from each other!! i think he could act as practically ANYONE if he wanted to!! But, all the actors on the poll are amazing too - classic!

fini
no...........fini heads off in search of a forum where people have brains that work and not stuck on Depp and Bloom

roberto
its easy to get caught up in recent actors and forget some awesom performers from the past
look at glengary glen ross, every actor in that film is top of their game,
pacino, spacey, ed harris, jack lemmon, even baldwins brief role is good
for my money youve forgotten
kev spacey, benicio del toro, ed norton (awesome in american history x)
john hurt, ive always been a big fan of jeff bridges and kurt russell
robert duvall, harvey keitel, christopher walken, richard dreyfuss, lance hendricksen, pete postelthwaite, ben kingsley, ray winstone, morgan freeman, martin sheen, and finally for gods sake will someone mention the name of DUSITN HOFFMANN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lil bitchiness
I love LOVE Johnny Depp, as familiar to some...but Al Pacino is.....the greates living actor! Marlyn Brando is amazing, Mel Gibson is too...Ian McKellen, Robert De Niro, Sir Anthony Hopkins of course....cant think of anymore, but im sure there are....Al Pacino.......the best!

Dexx
out of those up there, hopkin's the best. he probably is the best, period. johny depp is good but he's nowhere near hopkins, girls....so look beyond the looks.
there are other great actors there...al apcino, brad pitt....a lot others

lil bitchiness
i am looking beyond looks....far far beyond....like i said, Al Pacino, Sir Ian McKellen is absolutely amazing, Sir Anthony Hopkins, no one denyes is superb, Robert De Niro, Marylin Brando........not very atracttive really are they, but absolutely amazing....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.