The Name of Episode 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shane
I got some information while Lucasfilm was here in Australia filming Episode 2 that may interest some of you. The name of Episode 2 will be "The Rise of the Empire".

queeq
Or "Darkness Within." *barf*

kdawg
Why not "The Revenge of the Sith"?

Bragg2012
The sith got their revenge in Ep1

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The name for Ep2 could be something totally different out of the blue i mean how many people would of thought "the phantom menace" would be the name for Ep1 ??

ratcat
The Rise of the Empire was officially revealed as NOT being the title by Lucasfilms many months ago.

Dim
Yeah, it seems like I remember hearing something about that during the filming.. but if I remember correctly Lucasfilm said that it wasn't the name or somebody did...Help!..my memory's shot!

Ushgarak
I doubt whether they know the finalised title themselves yet.

They always have 'The Balance of the Force' on standby!

queeq
Too early anyway.

Besides, I do not think the Sith had their revenge in Ep1. They'll have their revenge when all the Jedi are wiped out, as the Jedi once wiped out the Sith.

Coreworld
The last possible title i heard was "The Shadow Falls", which has a similar "pulpy" feel to it like TPM, myself i like the rather predictable "Rise Of The Empire" which would lead nicely to "Fall Of The Jedi", but hey, that's just me. smile

Bragg2012
IMHO i dont think that it will involve the empire in the name it will up more the jedi.

ANH uped the jedi then ESB dropped em' then ROTF uped em again. If Ep3 knocks the Jedi (they are all wiped out) then Ep2 must up the jedi.

Texas
I dont know about you people but I would be thrilled if Episode 2 is titled 'Jar-Jar No More'!!!!! laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I still think they will try not to repeat major words at any point in the titles of all six episodes, thus rulimg out 'Jedi' and 'Empire' at any point. Just a thought of mine, though.

queeq
"Fall of the Jedi" would be my fav for Ep3 though.

For Ep2 how about "Death of a Gungan"?

Darth Pants
I don't think they'd use 'Republic', it doesn't roll off the tongue that well. Hell, neither does 'The Phantom Menace'. I'm thinking it'll be more along the lines of shadow, within, darkness etc.

finti
It is gonna have a positive cling to the title.

darth fester
i heard it was star wars 2 anakin gets jiggy

Dim
It's Star Wars...Anakin isn't going to get jiggy.. Some kissing..then cut to the next scene..I'll betcha.

finti
Kissing a jedi stick out tongue (barfbag please)

queeq
Too "wuvvy" for ya, finti? laughing out loud

ratcat
Well, just cos you don't see it doesn't measn it doesn't happen.

Star Wars can't have another immaculate conception.... laughing out loud

ChelsiJediKnight
How in the world did you go from figuring out the movie title to talking about if Anakin is gonna "get jiggy with it". Even if that would be cool.

Anyways I think it should be called "The Empire Strikes". You know from the "Empire Stirkes Back". And I know it sucks but I just would like to see that. It would quite a shocker if Lucas couldn't come up with somehting better though. eek! laughing out loud eek!

queeq
No, we need to see Anakin is human too. big grin

queeq
And "Fall of the Jedi" for episode 3. That's an absolute must I think.

But, JK, there is no Empire yet in Ep2, so that's sort of out of the wuestion I'm afraid.

Ushgarak
It wasn't an immaculate coneption; if anything it was an artificial insemination, which is far less romantic.

Fall of the Jedi doesn't scan for me, doubly so as we aren't going to see the purge.

queeq
Fall of the Jedi will so totally change our perception of ROTJ, that I kind like that. There's an literary parrallel in the titles then, it's kind of obvious but I like it.

Dim
Hey, don't start calling it that until LFL makes it offical.. But I can see your point.

darthyogi
Speculating on the names of the Star Wars Movies is fun, but so far I'm to meet anyone who has come even remotely close to getting it right before a formal announcement.
Out of interest, though, has anyone else heard rumours of the following being contenders:
"Episode II: The Trust of Lovers"
"Episode II: Idealistic Crusade"
"Epsiode II: Future of Dark Times"
I've heard all of these mentioned in chat rooms and bar discussions as being substantiate in some way or another. Can anyone comment.
Personally, I really like "The Trust of Lovers" - it has that "What? You gotta be kidding me?!!" quality that Lucas seems to go for, yet at the same time is somehow really cool and a grower..?

Dim
I don't think any of them work. Idealistic Crusade??? nah.. not unless the whole movie is done from Owen's point of view roll eyes (sarcastic) We haven't heard the title yet...We'll find out in a few months.

queeq
I doubt those are serious candidates for the title at all.

How about "Episode 2: When the Clones come marching in." I'm sure JW can compose a nice theme for that movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.