Spider-Man 2 Production Status Report!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Scooper 'goalie33' has sent us this great report on the Spider-Man 2 production! What he says does include some spoilers, so only proceed if you want to know things ahead of time. Oh yeah, we can pretty much verify that what he says is true...

I have a friend who just finished working with a production department at Sony Pictures (I won't say which one) where he was working on Spider-Man 2. While he couldn't give me any real details because of the confidentiality agreement, I was able to get from him the following facts:

Right now, the production is on hold to give everyone a little break. They will come back in September to shoot the film's finale. Apparently, the set for the climax is so large, that the entire production is on a hiatus until it is built. After that, its on to post-production.

Many set designs and photos were sent to Treyarch for the next video game.

Also, he spilled that Spidey will get his butt kicked in quite a few scenes. He witnessed a lot of second unit production work, including Spidey being tossed through a bus and a subway car.

He also saw some early CG work of some great arial battles. According to my friend, most of the stunt work will far surpass that of the orginal movie. The wire work is looking very good.

Lastly, the third movie will be set-up in this film. He said Doctor Connors has a very small role in the film. There is no Eddie Brock character. However, John Jameson will be Mary Jane's new boyfriend. Unfortunately, my friend wouldn't comment on her wedding dress. He was amazed at how many facts I knew about the movie. I told him I have one source... Superherohype.

masterofmatrix
could you ask him to get a pic of doc ock in action and post it here please and what do you mean no venom in sp3 i was waiting for 2006 instead of 2004 to see venom and carnage in action

Bagtatta
No Venom..god. They're ****ing insane. That would make such a great movie.

LanceWindu
He could always be in Spider-Man 3.

You know they'll make it.

Bagtatta
Nah man, you're missing the point. He said it leads into the 3rd, and Eddie Brock's not in it, so therefore, no Venom.

LanceWindu
There's no Eddie Brock in number 2!

Just because it leads into 3 doesn't mean that Eddie won't be introduced in number 3.

BOPRecruit 16
hell yah! i would see spidey 2 shortly after it comes out in theaters!!!

ProfessorChaos
i would never waste my time in that piece of sh*t for a movie, its just table scraps thats considered what you call a "movie" spidey sucks dick and always will so hell no i'm not gonna see that

masterofmatrix
what the **** sake are you talking about mr chaos. i thought spider-man 1 was rubbish but it was that rubbish movie that actully made me like spider-man and after i saw the trailer for sp2 i agreed with what toby maguire said " spider-man 2 is going to be 100% better that no.1" so what are you talking about.

masterofmatrix
sorry if i was rude everyone else

Hegemon875
I can get a pics of Doc Oc as soon as I install my scanner software.

masterofmatrix
from the movie or cartoons if its cartoons dont bother

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.