Putting it together......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Coreworld
I was recently thinking how this could all tie together, linking EIII with IV and the question of Anakin and Owen, i came up with this theory, i'm going to throw in a few random quotes from the saga as we go through just to give credence to what i'm saying, so here goes....
Anakin and Padme have these high dreams, Anakin of being a Jedi Knight and playing the hero, Padme of serving her people, now what if these two people throw this all away in order to be together, living in married bliss on Tatooine as moisture farmers. The things which sway me towards these events happening are:
1. Shmi's death, which is bound to traumatise Anakin and after his two encounters with the dark side in EII may lead him to the conclusion that it is too dangerous for his friends for him to remain a Jedi.
2. His love for Padme, after the assasination attempts, they both realise they will never be left in peace, unless they disappear to the outer rim and the sanctuary of the Lars homestead.
3. Owen's familiarity with Anakin, "Your Uncle thought he should have stayed here and not gotten involved." After the jedi have suffered massive casualties due to the Clone Wars, General Obi Wan returns to Tatooine in search of his former pupil, to ask for his help in the wars and maybe Owen too "I can't get involved! I've got work to do! It's not that i like the Empire, i hate it, but there's nothing i can do about it right now, it's such a long way from here." "That's your Uncle talking." And refuses to be drawn into what he tells Anakin is a "Damn fool idealistic crusade." Anakin of course goes with Obi Wan and turns the tide for the overwhelmed Jedi. Palpatine seizes on this and turns Anakin into a galaxy wide hero. "Skywalker? Outer rim? Of course, i saw your father fly when i was just a boy." This appeals to Anakin's growing arrogance and Palpatine seeing this in the boy begin's to offer him more 'forbidden fruit' until the die is cast and his fall to the dark side is complete.
Probably way off mark, but we'll see.....

finti
Hmm quite interesting theory you got there. We just have to wait and see if it is way of mark only time will tell.
Nice work though!!!!!!!!

Dim
Well, I do agree that we will probably see Anakin say all those things (not exactly but the gist of) to show that Owen knew him well..but I think what will be intersting is the emotional turmoil of their relationship. It will help us better understand Owen's reaction.

Gundark
Some interesting theories there, Core....seems probable that some of them may play out in a fashion. I think Shmi's death is still anybody's guess at this point, but I think it will happen fairly early in the film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.