Why do we say these things?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
there are some weird things in life.

For example, why do we say stuff like "Needless to say, I blablabla"? If its needless to say then why do we say it?

Also, why do we say "How are you?" when we're not gonna listen and just wanna talk about ourselves?

any one else got any?

Phoenix
why isnt phoenetically spelt phoenetically?

Phoenix
cos it should be spelt for-net-i-cal-ie

GroundedAgain
why do principals ask you where you want to go for your class trip but then already have a field trip arranged anyway? and how can a product be "new and improved" cuz if it's been improved than how can it be new?

GABRIEL05
If a bear takes a big sloppy healthy nutty $#!t in the woods, and no one's there to smell it does it make a noise?

diegocala
WORDS WOMEN USE

FINE ~ This is the word we use at the end of any argument that we feel we are right about but need to shut you up. NEVER use fine to describe how a woman looks. This will cause you to have one of those arguments.

FIVE MINUTES ~ This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the trash, so I feel that it's an even trade.

NOTHING ~ If you ask her what is wrong and she says NOTHING, this means something and you should be on your toes. NOTHING is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. NOTHING usually signifies an argument that will last FIVE MINUTES and end with the word FINE.

GO AHEAD (with raised eyebrows) ~This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over NOTHING and will end with the word FINE.

GO AHEAD (normal eyebrows) ~ This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care." You will get a raised eyebrow GO AHEAD in just a few minutes, followed by NOTHING and FINE and she will talk to you in about FIVE MINUTES when she cools off.

LOUD SIGH ~ This is not actually a word, but is still often a verbal statement very misunderstood by men. A LOUD SIGH means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over NOTHING.

SOFT SIGH ~ Again, not a word, but a verbal statement. SOFT SIGHS are one of the few things that some men actually understand. She is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe and she will stay content.

THAT'S OKAY ~ This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can say to a man. THAT'S OKAY means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you retributions for whatever it is that you have done. THAT'S OKAY is often used with the word FINE and used in conjunction with a raised eyebrow GO AHEAD. At some point in the near future when she has plotted and planned, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

PLEASE DO ~ This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance to tell the truth, so be careful and you shouldn't get a THAT'S OKAY.

THANKS ~ A woman is thanking you. Do not faint; just say "you're welcome."

THANKS A LOT ~ This is much different from THANKS. A woman will say THANKS A LOT when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have hurt her in some callous way, and will be followed by the LOUD SIGH. Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the LOUD SIGH as she will only tell you NOTHING.

Why do we say "bless you" after someone sneezes?

diegocala
cause it causes your heart to stop for a moment, so when you come out of it alive we say...

silver_tears

diegocala
Don't be so sure that there is no Dog in a Hotdog eek!

silver_tears
thats so wrong sick

RedQueen
If you expect the unexpected dusnt that make the unexpected expected

silver_tears

ragesRemorse
why does a convient store thats open 24 hours and 7 days a week have locks

ragesRemorse
or when people say "not for nothin" then always say but after nothin

Crash_Overload
I am afraid to say this and people will thing i am boring and all, but HISTORY LESON! before the were called Hot Doychesters, like the dog because of the shap of the sausage and the dog alike. they drop that word and replaced it with "dog" becasause of it's origins.

Crash_Overload
The International Danger: When woman say: "Am I fat?"

Why is this soo dangerous? Becasue say "No" and she will accuse you of lieying. This can result in an Arrgument That LAsts "FIVE MINUTES" and ends with a "LOUD SIGH" and a "FINE"

And even more dangerous is when you Answer the alternative. Thsi results in a "THANKS A LOT" followed by an Argument that can last "HALF AN HOUR" ending in a .... well you will NEVER see the end of it.

ChinaNiki
it's in case some idiot pours gasloine all over themselves and then is allowed by the local cops to climb up on a fuel tanker parked next to the store

people have to be locked out cuz they are not smart enough to realize cops and firetrucks blocking the driveway means they shouldn't come in the freakin store

Celsius
Personal experiance Niki? stick out tongue

ChinaNiki
yep we kept telling people over the intercom to leave but they wouldn't. and if they couldn't here my loud mouth they seriously needed to have their hearing checked

this dude walked around for two hours soaked in gasoline before he climbed on the fuel truck

my sis (who is my only sibling) and i were both working. we were trying to get them to let one of us go home since we were our parents' only children, but they said no

if he had set himself on fire there would have been a big hole there since the people on gas desk didn't hit the fuel shut off button. our store and the truck stop across the street would have blow up and where they made us wait would have been in the blast zone

Celsius
DAMN!!! That must have been rough. That guy was a friggin nut.

ChinaNiki
very true

diegocala
What the hell is a Doychesters? Seriously, did you make that up??

royal_jester
How come they don't call bees-> A's?---My chemestry teacher Senior year said this one.

cermiestar
why can't i have faster internet connection?

diegocala
That's my favorite one

Corran
Or when a Woman says Which shoes should I wear?

You are in an apparent no win situation,
if you say 'it doesn't matter they are both nice 'then she'll be pissed at you for not taking an interest.
If you say 'whichever you think are best', then she'll be pissed at you for not taking an interest and just letting her choose.
if you choose the ones she likes best herself she'll be pissed because she thinks you just want to hurry her and are choosing what she thinks.
If you choose the others straight away she will be pissed because you have second guessed her.
If you stupidly choose a 3rd pair that you actually like but she has not narrowed down to the last 2 then you might as well just leave and don't come back.

The nearest I have to a solution for this is to assume the the shoes she already has on are her favourite choice, ask her to try on the others instead and then tell her that the first ones are the best. Now this falls down if she has done the one of each on already when she asks you, this is where good knowledge of your partner is an absolute necessity, you must remember which foot she usually puts her shoe onto first and presume this is the favourite, ask her to put the other one of that on and then ask her to try the other pair on, and then revert back to the first telling her these are the best. Any further solutions please post.

finti
or just say "I dont give a sh** now hurry lets go!"

Corran
Tried that once, and I think you know the outcome.

finti
yeah you had to come to Norway for some days

Corran
When is the return leg? you coming over here?

Phoenix
I think you may find that the correct answer to the "am i fat?" question is "I don't care, because I love you anyway."

the shoe one i can't help you with, cos i wear black sandals with a skirt, red boots with trousers and trainers the rest of the time!

Phoenix
yup, i am that strange breed of female who can survive with five pairs of shoes, one pair of which is only worn on holiday and another pair only worn to work

Corran
Nope this would be incorrect as you have not said no, saying "I don't care, because I love you anyway." would mean you don't care that they are fat, you still love them, this would be a major Faux Pas. Maybe I should just stop going for Fat chicks.

diegocala
I agree with Corran, that response would be a death warrant...

Phoenix
ARGH!! Stupid computer just deleted the whole frickin' message, so i will be brief this time...

it works, trust me, i AM a girl, 'i love you' = standard response, no = lying, yes = you die for that, "I'll love you whatever you look like, you're perfect to me" = hugs, kisses, undying gratitude

robincooper
i tell you what my group of friends have developed there own slang and it it does sound pretty stupid

in a one piece- means good bye

0121- meaning run away

do one- meaning run away

slur- drink

and thats just a few of the mindles babble that my friends say
*sigh*

Phoenix
oh, we have much mindless babble...

Phoenix
lemme see now...

yerssot
*offers glasses*

Phoenix
there's...

"I'm having an issue..." which means ' I have a problem'

robincooper
*sigh*

Phoenix
dood = fit guy

Phoenix
biscuit situation = hypothetical situation

yerssot
dood? laughing out loud
depends who you say it too wink

Phoenix
hot little biscuit = REALLY fit guy

Phoenix
is that enough mindless drivel for one day?

Phoenix
:P

Phoenix
k, that was sposd to be stick out tongue

robincooper
lol

skule
Ah this one i know, in the olden days people would die easily due to plague and hygeine, enviromental conditions, when one would sneez it usual meant death was near for them, thus they were blessed upon as if its their last rites etc.

yerssot
I thought it was that people thought that their soul escaped and that with "bless you" you got it back in?

skule
uhm...dont think so or i never read that, the expression originally was god bless you when some one sneezed over time it was just bless you ...this is what i had read

skule
ok heres one, why do we cuss to someone f* you and f* off, what does sex have to do with asking someone to get lost! smile

yerssot
because sometimes the one who says that is so ugly that people run away?

skule
well i seen hotchics use that term too...:P but somehow i dont think they were saying it as an invitation!

Phoenix
wasnt that in a simpsons episode once?

robincooper
wait!" i was out with my m8's just, they chat absolute rubish sometimes.... here are some more

perch- seat

lurch- seat

coch- seat

munch- food

bumrah- don't ask me what that means!

comeon, how may words can you have the same word for

Phoenix
we have many words for someone stupid at the moment... I think they really apply to us, cos we're stupid!

Geek
loser
donut
dingbat
dodo
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
strange child...

robincooper
i suppose....

Phoenix
what on earth does 'whole nine yards' mean?

and 'hand over fist'?

and what is the point of not crying over spilt milk? why would I cry because I had spilt milk?

blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.