my new GODlike computer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
Hey check it out im gettin this new comp from AlienWare

Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB
2GB DDR SDRAM PC-3200
240GB Seagate Barracuda 8MB Cache
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 256MB OR the radeon 9800 256mb PRO
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2

for all you computer smarts you will know this is top of the line $hit.

diegocala
nice

Tex
*jealous*shifty

Captain REX
I'm happy with my XP for now, until something better is released from Windows...

Tex
I still Windows 98seembarrasment

Captain REX
Poor Tex, I used to have one. But it was the normal Windows 98... *shudder*

royal_jester
Wow I heard that brand is great...I wish I could get something like thatstick out tongue

Crash_Overload
DANG! now that my comp is 3 weeks old from my last upgrade, some one got something better!

My comp is just like one level under yours. But my Graphics card is either equal or better to yours. What verson of Pentium 4? I got Version 2.8. But I have 1700 Mghz Don't be fooled, your comp ROCKS! I feel sorry for all the 700 mega Hertzers.... or the pentium 3 ers, 2 months is already old, 2 years and you need to upgrade badly, or get a new comp. The Comp's power doubles every 18 months. Every 18 - 28 months there is a new pentium. But lets look on the bright side, we are just 20 years away from a QUANTIUM COMPUTER!!!! The top level. Anybody who tries to look of researches for better will not be able to find better. the initial processing time for anything is litterally ZERO. It just does it. No time, think about it, IT TAKES NO TIME. SO FAST TIME IS AT A STANDSTILL! literly, just search the internet or read Tmeline to find out more.

KidRock
is there a website for that crash? lol

Godshinto
I have you all beat my comp is a sick Alien Ware comp, with all the options.

Dexx
nice pc there kid...
i have a pretty crappy pc back in romania..but i AM planning on getting a new one (mom isn't, unfortunatley big grin )

i have win 2000 professional at the moment (i find it the best)
98 se is good also..for games, though...
it's not that stable.
And that damn XP is FULL of wizards...you can't do anything (mostly) manual on it...i don't like it.

KidRock
thank you thank you

Godshinto
How Much is the deciding Feature on how Godlike it Really is

KidRock
I was exagerating

Godshinto
I payed nearly 12G for my comp with everything with it. That's how much a high end computer costs, especially one from alienware

KidRock
12,000??? yeah right! you got ripped off big time. or are you on a laptop? Mine is maxed out all the way except for maybe 2 things. and mine came out to 3,000

Dexx
that would be the rough price for it, yeah...
though...i doubt you REALLY need 2Gb DDR.......

Godshinto
Go to alienware and select the highest end comp they have and fully customize it the sickest it gets is 22000.00

Crash_Overload
holly sh!t <== mods please not that is and ! and not and i, so it can pass, barley

Godshinto
take a look at this $17,000.00

Godshinto
Completely customize ut it should come out to around 17,000

Crash_Overload
I can just imagine ounce the price is transfered to canadian......

Dude i'm so ****ing jealous of you. WHen i bought my computer August, 2002 it was top oif the line. 1.6ghz, 256mb sddram, It's an A31 thinkpad. Goddamnit, and it costs 2500 bucks! Goddamnit! I bet a sager could match your comp though

KidRock
Lol thanks 133 im proud of my computer. For you other guys I think you are looking at the Roswells? Im more toward Intel then AMD. Im looking at the Area 51 models. I think you guys are looking at the roswell ones. It doesnt really matter. Evrey computer at AlienWare.com is insanly fast lol

narcil
speaking of god-like..if any of you are willing to chip in to by me THIS: http://www.apple.com/powermac/
i will worship you forever. big grin

happy kine
my super computer is still my pad and pen... i'm here today thanks to the laptop work gives me. i do not and will not ever own one of these machines... and i'm the computer guy at the office here... go figure. if i did actually buy a pc i'd go with anything not microsoft or dell. i work on dell compaqs with microsoft os... i think i'm going to go with linux or a mac... here in my company we got hit hard by blaster... we run the microsoft service pack 4 and half of our systems crash from the service pack... but i do like microsoft because i'll always have a job.

Fire
nice comp bought it yourself?

BackFire349
thats a waste of 12 thousand bucks actually. especially considering we're on the brink of new graphics cards and processors coming out within the next 7 months. amd 64 is coming out in the next month, and it will be at speeds higher then pentium 4's, then of course, pentium 5's will be out in 6 months or so, plus new graphics cards come out every 6 months these-days. anything over 2500 bucks is way overkill, since no matter what you get, it will be obsolete in less then 2 years and you will have to upgrade again. i personally will be getting a new computer around xmas time, prices will be cheaper, plus new hardware will be out, and it will be just as good if not better then that one, because alienware is a rip off, they look great of course, but you're basically paying for their fancy pants case. and you do not need 2 gig's of ram, no game needs more then 1 gig right now, and since you will probably be getting the best quality ram available, it will run fine with only 512, especially with those graphics cards, i suggest you get a radeon 9800 256mb card, nvidia cards arent to good these days, they cheat on tests to look better. anyways, ive rambled on for a while, i personally cant rationalize paying 12000 for a pc no matter how good it is, but, then again, im not rich, maybe you are. but anyways, congrats to you, that is a kick ass computer you will be getting, and you will be getting one of the best computers in the world. oh, and what type of monitor will you be getting?

BackFire349
ok well i maxed out everything on alienware (excluding silly things, like 2 monitors, none of the accessories either, no printers, mp3 players ect) and i got it up to 5000, i dunno how you got it up to 12000, you are getting an area 51 gaming pc right?

yerssot
area 51? the place were they keep the alienships or area 51 were they keep the matrixcode? wink

BackFire349
no

yerssot
which one then?

BackFire349
the other one.

yerssot
THAT one? never heard of that one though

BackFire349
its in my pants.

finti
oh the drained lizzard

BackFire349
yes, finti's familiar with it.

yerssot
I would think Tex was;... perhaps finti had to point it out?

Fire
smile
lol maybe anywayz backfire I agree on the fact that the Radeon gives better preformance than the Nvidia

yerssot
agreed; the time of the Nvidia has passed some time ago imho

Fire
indeed, I'm good
I should get a new graph card tho
anywayz don't you sometimes feel like we keep this forum alive just by talking rubbish to eachother stick out tongue

BackFire349
thats how every good forum is kept alive.

Fire
most of em not all stick out tongue

yerssot
strongly suggest the 3D Prophet 9700
with that card I never knew that my games could look so darn good!

Fire
I first need the money stick out tongue

yerssot
*holds comment* big grin

BackFire349
the 9700 is hard to find now. you might as well wait till around xmas when the new cards will be released.

yerssot
yeah; but I couldn't wait smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.