Once upon a time in mexico [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
I was watching t.v. this morning, I say morning because it was like 12:05 but anyways moving onbig grin I saw a trailer for a new movie! Guess who's in it...... the great Johnny Deppbig grinlove This movie is called Once Upon A Time In Mexicobig grin This is the poster for it...

ChinaNiki
seen the trailer it looks really good
antonio banderas and salma hayek reprise their roles from desperado

silver_tears
it does sound really cool and as an extra bonus johnny depp is in it big grin

Crash_Overload
Yo!
I have seen the Tariler and it looks like The sequal to (I forgot name, starts with "C" and is about a guy who was an ex-musician has lots -o -guns in guitar case and friends have riged guitar cases. He can take out an entire bar alone, good movie. if anybody figures out name, please tell me, or post here to clearify other people) anyway, seems like a good movie. But also seems like a Block-Buster, meaning only there to make money. I hope It is not that...

snlovergirl
i thought it had something to do with desperado?

ChinaNiki
desperado

the thing i don't get is in the second one (cuz technically El Mariachi is the first even though it wasn't antonio in that movie) there was this knife throwing guy i thought antonio killed, but the same actor is in the new one

the actor played johnny 23, a rapist, in Con Air but I don't know his name. he's also the gadget making uncle in spy kids series

scifigunslinger
I just saw the tv spot and the movie looks awesome!

scifigunslinger
His name is Danny Trejo. Has anybody else seen El Mariachi? Everybody says it's better than Desperado but I disagree. It was funnier but Desperado was better. It was like a Mexican John Woo movie. And I agree with you on Johnny Depp. Johnny Depp as the villian is gonna be awesome.

Tex
I dont know, it doesn't look too appealing to me, studios usually release big stinkers this time of year, so I'd be carefulbig grin

le_sainte
If Johnny's in it, then I'm gonna go see it! big grin

Crash_Overload
So no one thinks It's a Block - Buster? (only there for cash)

cogger15
yeah i so wanna see it!!!!!!!!!! gunna be wicked! once upon a time in mexico actually finished filming in 2001 but will be released in september this year! big grin

silver_tears
well i for one cant wait big grin

Pirates_lass
looks awsome but ill kill the girl if she gets 6 feet within johnny!!!!!!! hey he is gonna be on j leno thusday!!!

krassin
is that new movie thats coming out Once upon a time in mexico with antonio baderas,a sequel to Desperado?

diegocala
yeah, yeah

krassin
ok,cuz it sounded very familiuar when i saw the priview..

michara34
once up on in mexico is a trilogy

michara34
SORRY FOR MY SPELLING

krassin
oh...

Sparrows Angel
isnt enriqe inglasious(really sry bout spelling)in this one?

~fuoco~
*sigh*
Yes, unfortualy he is
he's as bad as ricky martin sick http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/yucky.gif

Sparrows Angel
LOL laughing out loud

CapinJacksparow
all i know about this movie is johnny depp is in it. please enlighten me on this subject! i don't know anything about it! (cept 4 johnny)

fini
NO johnny isn't in this movie.............this is a sequel to Desperado and unfortunately i dont know why they made a sequel to such a kick ass movie.

Hollywood and the film industry should stop making these f*#king sequels and give us some more original stuff............its as if they cant come up with anything on their own anymore

Evil Dead
Yes..........Johnny Depp is in the movie.......he is the main villain.......the previews are all over tv.........

Yes......this is the third movie......it is a sequel to El Mariachi and Desperado...........

Fini......stop talking about stuff you know nothing about........you rant about how Hollywood shouldn't make sequels but then rave about how Desperado is a kick ass movie..........it is a damn sequel moron.......

Evil Dead
Here you go Fini...............you might want to check out the movie's official site and learn something about the movie before you attempt to discuss it further.........

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/onceuponatimeinmexico/

cogger15
LOL nice one evil dead! fini get your facts right!!!!!

Julie
actually this looked like a good movie...what's it gonna be rated>?

diegocala
G of course!

ragesRemorse
yeah with guns, drunk mexicans, guitar cases filled with weapons how could you expect it to be anything other than G, this is deffaintly one for the kids

is rodriguez directing it?

Evil Dead
Without knowing for certain I'd have to say he definetly did..........it would be hard to imagine the studio putting this much promotion into the movie if Rodriguez didn't direct it.....because it would suck.........

I guess one of us could just click that link to the official site that I posted up there earlier.........but I'm too lazy.......I'm sure your answer lies therein somewhere.

Holcomb
Hey everyone, I am new to Killer Movies. This thread looked interesting so I thought I'd jump in. I am real excited for Once Upon A Time in Mexico. I really like the other movies Richard Rodriegez (sp?) has done.

I saw the trailer for Timeline the other day too, that looks good.

Evil Dead
If memory serves..........isn't his first name Robert?

ragesRemorse
richard robert what ever but yeah its robert. This movie is eigther gonna be really good or really bad

Kes
I'll go with really bad stick out tongue
Atleast this way I can be surprised if its good.

Neo_Version 7
Its gonna lick balls coz I here Salma Hayek doesn't get naked in this one.

Top Gun
johnny depp yay

Johnson
Looks REALLY good! I'm gonna see it first day.

Pirates_lass
it does but johnny gets hurt! like REALLY bad if u want i can tell u how

ahaetrkarykl
i still need to see desperado before ouatim comes out.

billyboyd4ever
AAAAAAHHH! i wanna see it sooo bad....i wish i were 17....*tear*

Dexx
i never saw desperado either..that's very weoird...i missed it by sheer bad luck on tv several times

michara34
*tears*...CRies*

ahaetrkarykl
watch the spoilers please......thanks

Pirates_lass
i put spoilers

Pirates_lass
i can tell u why and how his eyes are bleeding so much

michara34
WHY??? sad

BoNnIElAsS06
yah.. why?!

BackFire349
this isnt depps movie, its antonio banderas' movie.

Kes
lol

Paola
yeah I didn't know Johnny was in it....... Salma Hayek is going to be more disgusting than she is (and think she's great)..... anyway I have to watch it.....
The first one, El Mariachi was good.... no Banderas love no Hayek sick
but the story was good (at least what I remember... watched ages ago) Desperado was ok.....
I will enjoy the new one.... with Johnny...... mmmm http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/drool.gif and Banderas love

CapinJacksparow
post what wrong w/ the eyes in a spoiler!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOW SO I CAN MAKE HIM FEEL BETTER!!!!!

diegocala
This should be Once upon a time in France...hiding out eek!

michara34
tell why!! please i needd to knoww!!!

billyboyd4ever
yes please!!!!!! confused

~fuoco~
when do it come out?!

ahaetrkarykl
did any of you see the making of ouatim on bravo? they showed some funny scenes with johnny. its almost kinda sad how johnny depp dominates the commercial adds. antonio banderas is barely in the commercial.

BOPRecruit 16
i saw the trailer for the movie when i went to see s.w.a.t. the movie looks hella good with all that action and stars.

-=Urot=-
Once apon a time in Mexico was an ok movie.

Imo it was not better than Desperado.

What did you guys think about it?

Oh and did you guys know Danny Trejo was in both films?

http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/semento/danny_trejo.jpg

He was "Navajas" the knife guy that tried to kill Antonio Banderas on the street in Desperado. Needless to say Antonio killed him.

He also played "Cucuy" the second in command of one of the gangs in Mexico.

{blink I guess the casting agents thought the audience would be stupid and forget that he was in both movies playing different characters.}

DeNiro
wasnt that guy johnny 23 in the moive con air???

silver_tears
i really like once upon a time in mexico
except wat happens to sands sad

-=Urot=-
I feel bad too. Johnny Depp played the h*ll out of that character.

I loved the part about the best cook in Mexico. ^_^

BackFire349
it was alright, story was weak and presented badly, but the action scenes were great.

Sheepz
It was ok, except I spent 1/4 of the time latched onto my friends arm closing my eyes.

I loved Agent Sand's shirts.

-=Urot=-
Me too. smile

*** I'm with stupid! laughing out loud ***

silver_tears
i loved sands because he did such a great job with the character
and my favourite part was with the kid and the gum laughing out loud
johhny so evil lol

ahaetrkarykl
i loved his tourist outfit! The CIA (Cleavage Inspection Agency) shirt was halarious. his character was awesome. i loved the shirts. great idea. i thought that the action was awesome too, but overall i say desperado was better. ouatim was funny too. i laughed a lot

Leftomaniac
I liked it. I'm not a big action fan, but I enjoyed the atmosphere and the characterization a lot. It was interesting seeing Johnny Depp, whom I've become accustomed to seeing as the innocent and sweet oddball, play a smug villain- but that's a good thing, it's good for an actor to play diverse roles.

johnnys#1 fan
doesn't johnny depp go blind

johnnys#1 fan
crap!

johnnys#1 fan
sorry about that for the people who havent seen it sad

CandyKoRn
lol.... I havn't seen.. it.. and does he really go b***d?

*makes it worse..*

Rogue Jedi
johnny trejo wasnt killed by the mariachi in desperado...he was killed by bucho's goons.

timmmy!
im only joining this to tell urot that although Danny Trejo was in both movies it was ment 2 be like that cos if u noticed during the movie where banderes is talkin to you guy on the fone he looks out his window to see danny standing the other guy mentions on the fone that it was the guys form teh first films twin!........god i like proveing ppl wrong

lil bitchiness
Once upon a time in Mexico was an ok movie...it wasnt as good as desperado...i thought they shouldn't have done that to Sands, but you just knew that something was gonna happen to him in the end...
I liked that he was still so sarcastic and was handeling it so well even when after the...you know....the http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/pokey.gif

Ichabod
im only watching it for Johnny! i never even knew this film was part of a trilogy

ragesRemorse
big guns, action, fire, hot chicks, and sand what more can you ask for out of an action movie. it was missing quentin tarentino's touch on the writing but as well that ends well with a big mexican and a a big gun

must_kill_Santa
thats the one with Jonny Depp im isnt it

lil bitchiness
Yeah...that reminds me...Quinten Tarantino has assisted this movie by the way! big grin

ragesRemorse
yeah not on writing

lil bitchiness
He still assised the movie! He has his own 'Kill Bill' coming out, im sure it would be way too much to do two films at the time.....blink

ragesRemorse
yeah kill bill is going to be two movies, but its only one movie but it was two long so its cut into two volumes, quentin takes time with his movies perfection is what makes the movie industry survive at all, not these movies you see out as blockbuster hits. he co-produced ounce upon a time. because he was to busy perfecting perfection. geniouses at work.

lil bitchiness
is it gonna be in two parts? blink Really?! Cool....
i didnt know that!

ragesRemorse
yeah one this month, and im not sure when the next one will be coming out, i dont believe he's making us wait a whole year. Maybe somewhere around december, but now im just speculataing on what ive heard from release dates

silver_tears
i still stand by it big grin
i loved this movie and will definately see it again big grin

ragesRemorse
aww yeah its collection worthy, deffaintly better than the action movies out there now such as, the run down.

silver_tears
i liked it for many reasons and the time went by very quickly when watching it sad

billyboyd4ever
my friend and i were clining to each other about halfway thru the movie til the end...cuz of what they did to johnny *sobs* but he was hilarious and i loved his shirts!!!

ahaetrkarykl
i loved how humor was such a big part of the movie. it was thrilling and it was still hilarious

~fuoco~
I LOVED his shirts
The I'M WITH STUPID, & then the airo pointing up to him.. ehehehe... I want one of thoese!!!

Jedi Normbodia
what's ridculous glasses doing in the movie? You know the singer? lol..can't spell his name but you know who i mean he has the flamming case....?

lil bitchiness
Enrique or summat
grrr..hes poo at acting!!! mad
cramps Antonio Banderases style!

Kes
Enrique Iglesias.

cogger15
johnny is in once upon a time in mexico yeah

lil bitchiness
yeah...Enrique Inglesias...mad

Kes
Its Iglesias.

billyboyd4ever
whatever he sucks....makes johnny seem even more superior than he already is....

~fuoco~
enrique I... EW GAG! as bad as ricky martin!!! sick sick What a woman!!!

cogger15
haha enrique wanted them 2 digitally remove his mole for the film but they said no coz it would cost too much hahahalaughing out loud

ahaetrkarykl
im surprised they had enrique in the movie. it doesnt sound like something Robert Rodriguez would do

~fuoco~
lol cogger15 laughing out loud ... i always thort it was a brown smarite he glued to his face to apear sexy, but worked out the exact opposite messed

billyboyd4ever
i swear ive had nitemares abou tthat thing....the only thing that saved me from insanity seeing htat mole while watching the movie was knowing that jhnny was in it too...even tho thats depressing too...

silver_tears
he did do a semi good job though messed

lil bitchiness
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

''The Mole'' shifty

ahaetrkarykl
ya reminds me of fred savage in austin powers

silver_tears
that was hilarious laughing out loud

Kes
Ok because of all this Johnny Depp talk this is what we're going to do.
This thread is about Once upon a time in mexico so 1st post saying how hot or how good Johnny Depp looks in the movie will cause this thread to be merged with the Favourite Johnny Depp movies.
And that includes sarcastic posts.

ahaetrkarykl
so who liked ouatim here? good movie

lil bitchiness
haha...yeah, i was trying to get that effect on my reply!! Well spoted....

OUATIM...i d-loaded the 'Pistolero' from the film...its the song thats in the trailer, and oh my god it kicks ass!! D-LOAD or buy a soundtrack, because it kicks ass!!!! big grin

billyboyd4ever
i saw this behind the scenes trailer for ouatim on quicktime media's trailers...it was cool...i dont remember the exact site address but if you search it you mite fin dit...its really cool

Sheepz
Hey, I thought Enrique Iglesias did a pretty good job. It was much better then I expected when I found out his was in the movie. I was thinking oh great, he's gonna be like britney -_-

billyboyd4ever
yea, he was ok compared to my expectations, but htose were very low, so he still didnt do good enough for recognition

lil bitchiness
You guys...'The MOOOOOLE' shifty is just not a good actor...and why him alongside Antonio Banderas, Johnny Depp and Mickey rourke...oh come on!

ahaetrkarykl
ya he must have been feeling pretty good about himself being in a movie with antonio banderas, johnny depp, etc. i just cant believe they casted him for the role. but he wasnt in it that must so it wasnt that distracting

billyboyd4ever
yea...but he was soo overshadowed by...erm the rest rest of the cast...he was one of htings i realy didnt lik eabout that movie
i also didnt like hte cinematography (sp?) the camera kept zooming around and it got kinda annoying

juggernaut26
well i havn't seen it yet i just was wondering who here has seen it and if its any good? sorry if there's already a thread about it

Lord Soth
Johnny Depp is f***ing hilarious. The action is very suspenseful, and the starring cast is great. the only weak point about it is the supporting cast, their acting is less than laudable. I'd definitley recommend it.

silver_tears
thumb upthumb up two thumbs up from me!!
JD is excellent like always yes

juggernaut26
he can't be anything else ya know

thorC
it is Johny 's Standard of acting. but for the movie. i like the last one. there are more points to think about and see.
you know i think i like From dusk till Dawn. which is f*&#@ great man.
check it out.

MsFit
I love all of Robert Rodriguez's movies; esp. 'From Dusk til Dawn' and Desperado'. I think adding Johnny Depp to the mix is a blessing (obviously big grin ).

Evil Dead
Robert Rodriguez can go to hell.................

El Mariachi - masterpiece
Desperado - great
From Dusk till Dawn - masterpiece

what does he then do? He makes 3 frigging kids movies (Spy Kids franchise) before doing another El Mariachi flick..................

On the dvd special features he talks about how Once Upon a Time came about. Tarantino told him he needed to do a third back in '95 and he needed to call it "Once Upon a Time in Mexico".........he was just doing what he was told by one of the greatest film writers/directors of today.

On the From Dusk till Dawn special features he talks about how it was great having Quentin on the set being as Tarantino wrote the script. "It was like having two directors"............

Basically........Rodriguez is greatly over rated. He does what he is told by Quentin Tarantino. He is Quentin's *****..................I bet Tarantino didn't tell him to do the Spy Kids movies...

Evil Dead
I love El Mariachi...........I love Desperado. I own them both on dvd. The day Once Upon a Time came out, I went ahead and bought it on dvd too because I figured I would love it aswell. Not so.

The movie is a good movie. The characters are great.......the actors give great performances. The plot is also good. My gripe is them making this as a sequel to El Mariachi. The movie has too much subject matter. El basically has a cameo role in the film. The movie centers more around Sands and the F.B.I. agent than it does El.

They shouldn't have used the El Mariachi character in this film. They should have wrote the script around another hero saving the president.........then waited and made another movie as the El Mariachi sequel. A movie they could devote more time to the character. A movie more like El Mariachi or Desperado.

This movie was basically like George Lucas making a Star Wars III........that focused on new characters and barely had Padme, Anakin, Obe Won, etc. in the movie. Unacceptable.

Watching Once Upon a Time in Mexico , while being a good movie in it's own right, was like watching a Matrix movie that had Neo, Trinity, and Morpheus in only 2-3 scenes. Not what the audience is expecting.

BackFire
I never saw El Meriachi, but like you I enjoy Desperado quite a bit, and I agree Once Upon a Time is a huge let down if compared to the previous.

Evil Dead
Good news Backfire..........they have just rereleased El Mariachi on dvd......are selling them along side Desperado and Once Upon a Time at Wal Mart. Should be fairly easy for you to see it now. When I bought it a few years back the only way I could find it was on a disk with Desperado...........it has El Mariachi on one side of the disc and Desperado on the other. I had to pay way too much for it then. You can get it much cheaper now.

El Mariachi isn't much like Desperado at all but I'm sure you'll dig it. It's great to see what a $7,000 movie can be..........it's just amazing the flick was made for that little. Everybody hails Clerks for being so low budget.......and it had 4 times the budget El Mariachi did.

BackFire
Yeah, I've seen it on dvd, but I can't really afford to buy dvd's right now since I just quit my job and need to try to save as much money as possible.

Evil Dead
I wish you luck in finding a new job...........

Why did you quit? Did they piss you off?

BackFire
Not really, I had just been working their far too long. Plus me and the boss didn't get along very well. Not to mention they paid piss poor.

juggernaut26
i heard it was very good

kalantiaw
the only good part about that movie is johnny depp... "are you a mexiCAN or a mexiCANT"... i would say salma but she was in there in a combination of 6 minutes...

Evil Dead

Darth Vicious
I like el Marriachi and Desperado so i whenand bought Once... right away and what a mistake it was, it was a big let down, dont get me wrong, the gun fights were pretty good but the story was lacking not to mention Salma Hayeks role was minimal plus when i bought it my impression was that the final gun fights were gonna be Banderas/Depp and Hayek/Mendez, i was even thinking in erasing the dvd, bringing it back to the store and get a diferent one telling them i changed my mind but i lost the receipt, it couldve been better!

Evil Dead
I actually enjoyed the story very much............I think it was a great movie.............I'm not a big fan of Hayek, I think Desperado starts going down hill a bit when she enters the frey...............

I enjoyed the film .......it just isn't what I was expecting. I was expecting a movie about El Mariachi...........not a movie about drug lords, FBI agents, Mickey Rourke with a dog, Sands, attempting to over throw the Mexican government, etc.

As I said earlier.......it is almost like El had a cameo role in the film. The film should have been about him.........

hitmanyr2k
I had high hopes for this movie after the great trailer I saw in theaters. The movie turned out to be a disappointment. Everything felt rushed and the editing was terrible in terms of plot and action. These new characters kept showing up out of nowhere and there was really no development for them. The gunfights were done much better in Desperado. OUATIM went crazy with the rapid fire editing and the wire-work was way over the top. I know it was over the top in Desperado but they went above and beyond in this movie.

jetzhere101
i am disgusted after seeing this movie. if they had salma hayek for a few more screens then it wud come up to the level of let-down...but this movie is sad.i really was impressed with desperado but i really felt like leaving the hall after few mins in the movie but had to stay as my gf is a big fan of jhonny depp..........

i even thought of breaking up with her for forcing me to stay for this movie----ps i am joking and dont tell my gf abt this.......

jjoutlaw3
Did anybody see and love once upon a time in mexico? i did. honestly, i thought it was one of the best movies i've ever seen. an johnny depp was REALLY good... big grin cool Happy Dance

johnny.d girl
heool
c told ye i'd come
i 100% luved it 2......johnny is the best and i luv his purple sunnies and his fake arm and.........and..........and i luss luv everything bout johnny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hate the bit when they took his eyes

FozzyFozbourne
I also loved it. I love Rob Rodriguez's entire folder of work, for his style but more his ethics. He is real enthusiastic and loves to work, as far as I can tell. RR films are great fun. From Dusk Till Dawn probably being my fav.
Don't you think it'd be great if they did a Sand's spin off? The Man With No Eyes?
I'm really looking forward to seeing what he's (RR) gonna do with Sin City. If you are interested, I'm gonna open a topic on it at the Comic Book Movies forum, so come along for a discussion.

Evy_O
I thought is was the most boring, pointless, crappy movie ever, no offense to anyone who liked it of course smile I even left during the middle cause me and my friends were bored messed

jjoutlaw3
oo that's too bad. i luved it. i thought it was really interesting. i love action movies. true, it was a little confusing the first time i saw it, but i still liked it. its one of me favorites.
yeah, sands was me favorite character. i luved the fake arm thing. an i liked the part when he's walking down the street with the fake moustache and the little kid on the bike nearly runs him over and asks him if he wants bubble gum and sands is like "what would i want with that?" i thot that was funny. an he was like always wearing sunglasses. they look gooood on him. i liked the black ones at the end the best. an he's a good shot, eh? even blind. an i wish they'd do like a continuation. that would be awesome.

jjoutlaw3
pictures

jjoutlaw3
eww i don't like that picture

i don't kno what these r before i open them so sorry if i post anything dumb

jjoutlaw3
no!! where is the one i want???

jjoutlaw3
ok i am gettin fed up wid this
hope this one is it

jjoutlaw3
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

ok i think this one is it. sorry about all the fuss, folks. i apologize. i don not have anger management problems. lol. i am not an insane psycho freak. hehe. i was just frustrated. lol. Happy Dance big grin embarrasment

jjoutlaw3
haha!! thar she blows!!!

<<Solo>>
Sh!t hoe I loved this movie.

jjoutlaw3
lol.
hey, if anybody gets any pics, can u post them here please? cause i've been searching an i can only find the same like 5 pictures. i don't understand! i mean in POC they have a picture from like every scene of the movie but in this movie, they have like 15 pictures total. an they're all basically the same. an they're not great. ho hum. *lies down and drinks a rum* beer

speiderman
I agree 100%. Nothing especially interesting happened the entire movie. It was maybe a C movie. Not really worth watching.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>