hmmph, y did they have to make harry potter movies @ all?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zelda_girl
miffed Does anyone else agree with me that the harry potter movies suck? Admit it, the casting (maybe except for Daniel Radcliffe) was bad (who had ever heard of Rupert Grind and Emma Watson before HP?), they skipped a lot of good parts, which were only shown on DVD. mad
Actually I think the movies were disappointments! They just put in a lot of special effects and hoped that would make people happy mad !

crazy_rock_chic
yeah i no! the films are a load of crap compared to the books!

N.Tonks
The movies are an insult to the books!!!

its_magic
i disagree and i think they did a good job and until u become a director and have to deal with problems they have in movies and when ur a millionare then u have the right to critize the way the movies made. sry no offence but i dont think we have the right to critize and they must be good they made a !@#$ load of money

crazy_c
They left out all the best bits. They should have made it a bit longer. I wouldnt mind.

Ass Goblin
just make the 4th and 5th movie more than 2 1/2 hourd and ill be fine

its_magic
look i can agree they left out sum bits worth while but they did a sensational job on the movies and in that type of industry things cost money and not everyone has an endlles pocket of money so when u see a bad movie dont think oh crap think poor b@st@rds lol hahahahha

zelda_girl
meh well i just think that it's a load of crap, and the acting isn't that great :P

Thea
I only like prof Lupin but other than that I hate Harry Potter and think its rubbish!!!!

ArrghPirateGirl
The movies could of beeen way better but I still enjoyed them big grin

ladygrim
all movies where good ... its the fact they missed half of the plot from the third one ...

ArrghPirateGirl
Yeah...that sucked sad......I wish they mad extended editions like with LOTR.. That would b cool big grin

ElectricBugaloo
there were really few important points that they missed in PoA, and it was the best directed movie of the bunch; it had a darker, more real tone than the first two, which were obviously made for children. Cuaron's movie was good for both children and adults both

ArrghPirateGirl
Yup big grin

flamewielder
i thought that the movies were awesome.....and if all u want to do n here is critize the movies and things then y r u here??

ArrghPirateGirl
Im not critising

Lady_Eowyn3
i thought casting was pretty good and based on the available money, they did a pretty good job, except i didn't like dan, i think his acting is entirely superficial and emma puts too much of herself into the character unfortunately her characteristics she chooses to portray thru hermione are not adequate for the character, however rupert did a great job, completely natural, you actually saw ron thru him instead of just watching emma and dan thru hermione and harry, also i hated that they gave hermione all the important lines and reduced ron to the comidic relief

Unicor777
I liked the movies .... but I like more the books

twigNig
They made HP movies because HP books were popular you idiot. And who gives a flying crap if the actors weren't heard of before, THE CAST WAS CHOSEN TO CLOSELY RESEMBLE HOW THE CHARACTERS WERE DESCRIBED! And they didn't do a bad job acting either. I assume you're not a director, so you have no idea the problems that come with the job. The movies were good. Get over it. (zips mouth)

Auror Chk
do you think if you werent a HP book fan and you didnt read all the books that the movies you critisize would have been looked at in another way instead of being looked at as boring and suckful? erm just asking.....

Darth Sauron
Erm...they wanted to cash in

If a film is either

a) based on a best seling book
2) Controversial
g) full of robots...

It will sell, even if it is shit...

Auror Chk
I mean I love all the movies & all the books...even tho everyone knows the books are better I still watch them lol when I can big grin 1, 2 and 3 wink

Its just all about high expectations....i mean if JKR didnt create the books but someone created the HP movies wouldnt you think that there the best movies ever...cuz i would big grin

Darth Sauron
exactly
High expectations ruin everything

Look at SW ep-1

twigNig
I don't understand the question. Can you re-phrase it please?

I personally was satisfied with how the movies were created. I loved the books, but I never get my hopes up about anything, and I didn't completely hate the movies.

Auror Chk
I mean lets just say you hadnt read a single HP book b4...

but you went to the movies and watched HP 1, 2 & 3..

would you feel the same way like how youve felt if you were a HP book reader???

In my opinion i loved all the HP movies...i have them all on dvd & PoA on Computer....and I am a book reader aswell!!

But i totally agree with you not getting your hopes up...when it comes to the JKR books & movies its best not to get your hopes up... erm

ArrghPirateGirl
Yep I agree

ladygrim
i too am happy with both the movies and the books

Daredevil-04
if they do all 7 that will be awesome

Unicor777
the same here. I mean its too much to expect that a movie could ever reach a book. The books would always be better, and there is no movie that can portray completelly and authntically a book. The HP movies were a great experience to see how the characters that I imagined were chosen by the directors and how the events were portrayed in the movies compared to my head

ladygrim
yup it wud i think it be stupid if they justed made 5 films and stopped cuz really for them that havent read it . it wud finish in the middle really

Daredevil-04
there stopping after 5 thats not fair

Daredevil-04
ive not read the books i go off the films there awesome

ladygrim
true they make it easier to put a face to the character

angelsflame265
Wow. . . new actors????? -_- i'm sure nobody had heard of Orlando Bloom before Lotrs came out either, or Julia Roberts before Pretty Women

Daredevil-04
i dont care if there not like the books its something too look forward too isnt it every year

angelsflame265
lol a 2 g?

Daredevil-04
lol

angelsflame265
and the actors are getting better every movie

ladygrim
most def

Daredevil-04
emma watson is a nice girl i think smile

Unicor777
this yes

ladygrim
dunno

Auror Chk
@ angelsflame.....

yeap the actors & actresses do get better in each movie...developing quite well smile but whats this with the 5th movie being the last erm that is not fair.......i thought the movie industry wanted the opinions of the fans lol big grin

ladygrim
no its not rite why stop at five basically half way thro movies to leave it just like that no proper ending or nething like it

angelsflame265
lol maybe then the ppl who just watch the movies will read the books

ladygrim
mayb.... but wat if buk 6 &7 are rely good and are worth making into movies..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.